Sunderland...

Heron

This is the trap some teams fall into. Didn't Wolves beat something like 4 of the top 5 last year or something and still only escaped the drop on the last day? Points from big clubs arent any more valuable than those from smaller clubs. In fact, they're often less so, because you're not going to be vying for position with Chelsea at the end of the year. 3 points against Norwich is three times better than a point against Liverpool, even if it doesn't feel that way. They may be shrugging their shoulders and saying we've not played anyone any good, but you've got to get those points on board so that it doesn't matter as much if you only get 1 or 0 points from a big club and any you do get are a nice bonus that gives you that nudge above your rivals.

Yep. Which makes our start against "easy" competition all the sweeter. Yes, we've had an lighter schedule than most to start the season---to date, only two games with top half sides. So what? We've taken the points. 

And we're in a really good position. We don't really need to take anything from Man United or Chelsea. So long as we don't let in 5 (or 8) goals we're way ahead of the competition.

This is the trap some teams fall into. Didn't Wolves beat something like 4 of the top 5 last year or something and still only escaped the drop on the last day? Points from big clubs arent any more valuable than those from smaller clubs. In fact, they're often less so, because you're not going to be vying for position with Chelsea at the end of the year. 3 points against Norwich is three times better than a point against Liverpool, even if it doesn't feel that way. They may be shrugging their shoulders and saying we've not played anyone any good, but you've got to get those points on board so that it doesn't matter as much if you only get 1 or 0 points from a big club and any you do get are a nice bonus that gives you that nudge above your rivals.

Yep. Which makes our start against "easy" competition all the sweeter. Yes, we've had an lighter schedule than most to start the season---to date, only two games with top half sides. So what? We've taken the points. 

And we're in a really good position. We don't really need to take anything from Man United or Chelsea. So long as we don't let in 5 (or 8) goals we're way ahead of the competition.

If you swap Birmingham with QPR, Blackpool with Norwich & West Ham with Swansea, we're 6 points better off than the equivalent games last season, if we'd got the same results last season in these "easy games" we'd have only been 2 points behind Everton in 7th.

Even when week after week they deliver a shite performance and don't win, they absolutely will not accept that Newcastle are getting better results because you have a better team with better players.

There's no red and white tint to the glasses they wear - it appears they've resorted to buying  red and white striped blindfolds and pretending they're not a poor side.

nah man- they only claim to be better on paper now.... whatever the fuck that even means.

They've lost their best players ffs, how could they be better than us? As far as I can see all they have is luck on their side and it won't last forever!

I love how they're so incredulous and almost stuck on a loop.

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE! MAGS. HAVE. SOLD. BEST. PLAYERS! BOUGHT. PLAYERS. NEVER. HEARD. OF! SUNDERLAND. SET. WINDOW. ALIGHT! CHAMPIONS. LEAGUE. MEDALS! LOGIC. ERROR! ASSIGNING. LUCK. AS. LEAGUE. POSITION. MODIFER! *BZZZT* ON *PFFZZZ* PAPER... BANG!

They've lost their best players ffs, how could they be better than us? As far as I can see all they have is luck on their side and it won't last forever!

I love how they're so incredulous and almost stuck on a loop.

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE! MAGS. HAVE. SOLD. BEST. PLAYERS! BOUGHT. PLAYERS. NEVER. HEARD. OF! SUNDERLAND. SET. WINDOW. ALIGHT! CHAMPIONS. LEAGUE. MEDALS! LOGIC. ERROR! ASSIGNING. LUCK. AS. LEAGUE. POSITION. MODIFER! *BZZZT* ON *PFFZZZ* PAPER... BANG!

:lol:

MONGBOTS

Even when week after week they deliver a shite performance and don't win, they absolutely will not accept that Newcastle are getting better results because you have a better team with better players.

There's no red and white tint to the glasses they wear - it appears they've resorted to buying  red and white striped blindfolds and pretending they're not a poor side.

nah man- they only claim to be better on paper now.... whatever the fuck that even means.

Isn't that the modern day equivalent of the gag that went a round in the 80s - 'The Scottish football team - world class on paper, shit on grass'.

What I loved is this.

This summer: "We've done really well, we've done plenty of business, and done it all really quickly" *repeat in 100 new threads every day*

After four or five games when - in an amazing turning on its head of the usual state of affairs - 10 new signings don't magically gel immediately - "Bruce has got to go" *repeat in 100 new threads every day*

"Give over man...we're always better, because we are as a club, a county, a belief. Maybe not in terms of results so far but pride...if we all gave up, then where would we be?

Grow some, take it on the chin and come back fighting..we're used to it!"

From RTG

Sorry if SEB

The magnificient County of Sunderland.

Someone on there suggesting Hitzfeld

:lol:

We're not really in a position to laugh at that one. :lol:

At least we had decent standing at the time

Wonder if Quinn will accuse a betting ring if he gets linked in the magedia?

I know football fans can wear club coloured glasses at times but some of the shite they come out with is cringeworthy. I can't believe someone on there said they have better players in every position compared to us. Fuck me fair play its you expect a bit of bias but every player? We know we've made a great start albeit with a tidy schedule but its important to get points on the table. Things can change pretty quickly, but I'd be very surprised if we finish below Sunderland this season.