Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's so much funnier after all the shit they spout.

''Setting the transfer window alight'' but now their squad is all shit suddenly?

Guest Craig-NUFC
"All I can say, without promising the earth, moon and stars is I will do my utmost to bring a bit of success to Sunderland."

Lack of ambition. O'Neil out.

Hilarious that. Must be absolutely gutting to have the pen saved and then concede immediately from the goal kick. Lush.

It was great just imagining mackems going down like punctured tyres :lol: :lol:

Hilarious that. Must be absolutely gutting to have the pen saved and then concede immediately from the goal kick. Lush.

It was great just imagining mackems going down like punctured tyres :lol: :lol:

i was lsistening on the radio at work, they got the pen and i had to take my earpiece out, put it back in a minute later to hear "head on it to guide it into the net" thought the keeper had saved it but they got the rebound. it took a further minute or two for them to say "what effect will this have on sunderland, going from being so close to going two up but now being level". only then did i realise........"HA.........HA HA HA......HA HA HA HA HA HA HA"

Celtic fan then

You were either Celtic or Rangers in terms of a religious divide [in Belfast], but most of the boys took an English team too," he said.

"Much to the laughing of one or two who took Manchester United and teams like that, I took Sunderland, with [irish great] Charlie Hurley being there.

"I never regretted it. I had a number of fights with other schoolboys about my choice, but outside that, not a problem."

I know we use this thread primarily to take the p*ss out of the poor fockers down the road but yesterday I watched them play for 90 minutes for the first time since the derby and I'd like to (as best I can) give an objective analysis of what I saw.

Their goalkeeper was good - certainly looked a lot better than the Scotsman Quinn and Keane splashed £10M plus wages on. However a tip for him - don't make a big appeal which distracts your concentration when the opposition have the balll in your box. Play to the whistle.

Richardson surprised me and looked decent at LB - their other 3 defenders are woeful and Brown's positional sense is very poor.

Cattermole actually looked OK but his violent tendencies seem to have him perpetually on the edge and as such is a bit of a liability in the modern game.

Sessegnon looked good as well - the other 2 midfielders bring very little to the Premiership table but don't tell Larsson that, he struts around like he's David Beckham - he's actually very average, at best.

The Korean kid would struggle to be a regular starter for Hartlepool or Carlisle and Bendtner - although obviously talented - really just looks like he doesn't give a f*** and indeed probably doesn't.

The game itself. First of all what a contrast to the game I'd watched 24 hours earlier. OK we had a really bad result but the pace and movement and ball retention seen in a top of the table game was a stark contrast to what was on display in this relegation battle. Neither side seemed able to string 2 passes together or create anything at all.

They scored a fantastic goal - great build up and finish and at that point Wolves were so woefully poor it should have been game over.

I can not see 3 worse teams than Wolves in the league and both Blackburn and Wigan looked better than them when I saw them.

However somehow they let Wolves win the game and frankly if they can lose a game against a side as bad as Wolves from the position they were in then they really do have problems.

They'll probably pick up a few points on the back of the initial surge and hype the new manager factor will create, but once it settles down they're really going to struggle with those players.

Yep watched the game.  cattermole for his yellow card, trips the player with the ball who had a defender infront of him anyway.  All he had to do was stick with him and with the other defenders help, force the player back or try and win the ball cleanly.  nah not Cattermole.