NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

There's no chance of a top 6 club starting (frequently) a player with the footballing ability of Taylor at RB.

Totally agree. I'm talking about for us though.

Taylor may be a bit thick and I don't particularly rate him but it's stupid to write him off like that..

I wouldn't say Ivanovic or Cuellar, for example, are that far off in terms of ability and he's certainly a better choice than Neville or Degen so you never know.

Unless he wants stupid money (say 50-60k) we must hold onto him. Simpson's constant backing off won't get us far in the Premier League..

I agree, with those that say Saylor could do a Milner on us if we sold him. He isnn't the brightest player i have ever seen, but that isn't to say a good manager with a decent backroom staff couldn't sort out some of the mistakes he makes. I also agree with those that say his best position is RB and in that position i think he is fairly decent from what i have seen of him in that position last year.

Rajkovic like Cleverley both have contracts that are up in June of 2010. Are they guaranteed to be resigning with Chelsea and Man U? If so when is this likely to be done as it does seem a bit late in the day. Wonder if there is any chance we could get either on a free.

There's no chance of a top 6 club starting (frequently) a player with the footballing ability of Taylor at RB.

But his adaptability would make him desirable to a top 6 club I would think,plus he will get better as he gets older.He would be a benchwarmer for the top 6 now but who knows in a couple of seasons?Personally though,if I managed a top 6 club,I'd be more inclined to go for Onuoha to fill the same role.

If there is any truth in this then one of our current central mids is on his way.  I would like to think it would be Nolan, who did a vital job in hitting the net last season but little else, and he won't get that space to score his goals in the Premiership. Jenas will have a job to get the fans on his side but he is a proper box to box midfielder with legs and an engine and he will do more for us next season than Nolan imo.

I fail to see what Jenas did wrong. He had the very good sense to see Souness was a useless cunt and the Toon where well set on a rocky road to nowhere and bailed out.

The goldfish bowl jibes where said by Souness not Jenas.

If there is any truth in this then one of our current central mids is on his way.  I would like to think it would be Nolan, who did a vital job in hitting the net last season but little else, and he won't get that space to score his goals in the Premiership. Jenas will have a job to get the fans on his side but he is a proper box to box midfielder with legs and an engine and he will do more for us next season than Nolan imo.

I fail to see what Jenas did wrong. He had the very good sense to see Souness was a useless cunt and the Toon where well set on a rocky road to nowhere and bailed out.

Crumpy, you're right, but so is quayside. The vast majority of fans (wrongly) attribute the goldfish bowl quotes to Jenas, and that is why he'd have a job winning them round.

Crumpy, you're right, but so is quayside. The vast majority of fans (wrongly) attribute the goldfish bowl quotes to Jenas, and that is why he'd have a job winning them round.

For me it's got nothing to do with the quotes, more the fact he has the heart the size of a pea.

What did Souness actually say?

Something about how Jenas couldn't handle the pressure of playing football for Newcastle, it was like a goldfish bowl where it is all football, football, football and you can't get away from it or something like that.

He'd been in awful form for a year or two before he was sold. He was made more of a target because Robson would not drop him even when he was playing poorly.

I'd hope that Taylor is our right back next season if we can't sign anyone. Simpson will get raped week in week out.

Not only that, but Taylor have done well on the right flank, he runs a lot and he can defend very well, probably not the best going forward, but equaylly gifted as Simpson going forward and much better defender.

If Taylor moves to a top 6 club and doesn't get sold within 2 years for being completely s***, i'll delete my account. CB requires more intelligence than any other position and he's about as sharp as a sponge. He'll never amount to anything away from NUFC.

quoted. just in case.