NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest dover

If it's a straight switch for Taylor then it's a load of s****, like. Nowt but a pocket-liner. We'll get £8m for Taylor.

Oh please.. :mackems:  How about selling Taylor to bring in something we need much more?, a good striker.  Taylor's our third choice center back at the moment and even the ancient Campbell would be ahead of him.

While in principle I agree that could be a good solution, we'd probably not get to see any money from a transfer so it's a bit redundant.

Based on what?

Mike Ashley

We've broken even on transfer in both our Premiership seasons under Ashley.

Yes but that got us relegated and lost us money, surely even hes not stupid enough to continue that strategy...

I hope you all realise where that Campbell rumour has come from. It's the same thing we had this time last year.

1. A bored reporter in the express with very little to go on takes a sprinkle of s****, mixes it with common fact and then bakes it for a day

Campbell gets married to his fiance who happens to be from Noirthumberland . Chris Hughton knows him from Spurs. Newcastle have no money to spend. Sky Sports news interview Hughton yesterday, slip in a question about Campbell which Hughton neither denies or confirms, and hey presto, Newcastle are signing him.

I hope you all realise where that Campbell rumour has come from. It's the same thing we had this time last year.

1. A bored reporter in the express with very little to go on takes a sprinkle of s****, mixes it with common fact and then bakes it for a day

Campbell gets married to his fiance who happens to be from Noirthumberland . Chris Hughton knows him from Spurs. Newcastle have no money to spend. Sky Sports news interview Hughton yesterday, slip in a question about Campbell which Hughton neither denies or confirms, and hey presto, Newcastle are signing him.

to be fair, they're 3 pretty decent reasons aren't they? :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We've got a £30k wage cap now? Thought the papers were saying it was £25k a few months ago?

think with his new life and living on northumberland now, sol is desperate to join us and it puts us in the driving seat regarding negotiations. think he would accept our wage limit

Had Campbell ever confirmed his reasons for leaving notts county? I was under the assumption he realised pretty quickly the dream he was sold was far from reality and got out sharpish. I am sure if there were more sinister motives he would have stuck it out a bit longer to pick up a bit more of that hefty wage.

Said on Sky Sports earlier there were rumours of us wanting Gary Hooper for 2.5 million...

He would add something different to our strikeforce. Scored a lot of goals in a shit Championship team.

The obstacle to Campbell signing previously has been his wage demands. If that can be sorted, then he'd be a good signing. In fact, he'd be our best central defender.

Despite his age, I don't think he's lost much pace, although that can go at any time.

It seemed pretty clear from Hughton's coy remarks yesterday we're in for him. I was quite surprised that we haven't been linked with him more strongly given how close he was to signing for us in the Championship last year.

Decent signing if true. He is still a very good defender despite his age, he is someone that the likes of Kadar can learn from and he gives us the option of bumping Saylor to right back where he's better/less of a liability.

Guest firetotheworks

Survival defining signing imo.

The type of signing that can really make that slight, but needed difference.

Still not convinced we are interested but we should be, if his wages aren't sky high.

His experiance, attitude and ability would add to our defence no end.

If it's a straight switch for Taylor then it's a load of s****, like. Nowt but a pocket-liner. We'll get £8m for Taylor.

Oh please.. :mackems:  How about selling Taylor to bring in something we need much more?, a good striker.  Taylor's our third choice center back at the moment and even the ancient Campbell would be ahead of him.

While in principle I agree that could be a good solution, we'd probably not get to see any money from a transfer so it's a bit redundant.

Based on what?

Mike Ashley

We've broken even on transfer in both our Premiership seasons under Ashley.

Yes but that got us relegated and lost us money, surely even hes not stupid enough to continue that strategy...

Possibly, my point was there's no reason to believe any transfer money we generate won't be made available for incoming transfers.  Also while I think it was a mistake to be so conservative in the transfer market I wouldn't say that's what got us relegated.

Ok Campbell is not in his prime, but he can still control a defense better than any defender we've had bar woodgate.

As he lives up here whose to say when he hangs his boots up he may stay on to be a defensive coach?

Now get a creative mid and a quality striker and i'd be quite positive next season.

Why are we seemingly incapable of looking abroad for signings?

We need to hit the ground running this season and that's going to be more likely if we have players with premiership & english football experience. That's probably the thinking behind it.

Why are we seemingly incapable of looking abroad for signings?

Have to say, the combination of Ashely tight wallet and Hughton closemindedness to foreign based players is holding us back. If we are being frugal, than we need to be looking in the smaller European and global leagues.