NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Personally I'm happy with Taylor, Coloccini, Williamson, Perch and Simpson to cover centre back. We've had worse defenders, but it is all about team ethic. In a good team, a below mediocre defence can shine, in a bad team, the likes of John Terry become complete horseshit.

Simpson and Perch at CB in the prem doesn't bear thinking about. Williamson, I also have reservations about.

Personally I'm happy with Taylor, Coloccini, Williamson, Perch and Simpson to cover centre back. We've had worse defenders, but it is all about team ethic. In a good team, a below mediocre defence can shine, in a bad team, the likes of John Terry become complete horseshit.

Simpson and Perch at CB in the prem doesn't bear thinking about. Williamson, I also have reservations about.

I think Williamson will be better than the likes of Bramble, Nelson, O'Brien etc. At least it looks as though he has a brain and can think his way out of situations.

If Perch is a good right back and has some decent defensive capabilities our back 4 should be able to defend well together as a unit. For that we need Routledge and Jonas to help out defensively though.

To be fair all of our centre backs have glaring weaknesses: Taylor and his lack of footballing brain; Colo and his strength; and Williamson and his lack of top flight experience. We just have to hope two of them form a workable Premier League partnership.

To be fair all of our centre backs have glaring weaknesses: Taylor and his lack of footballing brain; Colo and his strength; and Williamson and his lack of top flight experience. We just have to hope two of them form a workable Premier League partnership.

More importantly we need to hope our centre mids can protect the back four which, at the moment, they certainly cannot.

More importantly we need to hope our centre mids can protect the back four which, at the moment, they certainly cannot.

That's where Annan comes In....  :doh:

I think Williamson will be better than the likes of Bramble, Nelson, O'Brien etc. At least it looks as though he has a brain and can think his way out of situations.

If Perch is a good right back and has some decent defensive capabilities our back 4 should be able to defend well together as a unit. For that we need Routledge and Jonas to help out defensively though.

If Williamson was better than Bramble and Nelson, he wouldn't have signed for a Championship club for peanuts in January.

Not saying I disagree but players like lescott and Jagielka didn't really step up until they were in their mid 20s and had a short spell to prove themselves in the premiership.

If Williamson was better than Bramble and Nelson, he wouldn't have signed for a Championship club for peanuts in January.

Surely thats a ludicrous statement, when Pompey just wanted him off the wage bill with some cash, and he didnt put a foot wrong when he played for us last year.

Guest neesy111

Surely thats a ludicrous statement, when Pompey just wanted him off the wage bill with some cash, and he didnt put a foot wrong when he played for us last year.

This

I think you know better than that Ronaldo.

We've been linked with a £2.5 million bid for Gary Hooper in the Express and the Star. No idea how he'd perform in the Premiership but 20 goals for Scunthorpe last season isn't bad at all.

We've been linked with a £2.5 million bid for Gary Hooper in the Express and the Star. No idea how he'd perform in the Premiership but 20 goals for Scunthorpe last season isn't bad at all.

22 with a good goals record, fits the bill.

£2.5m seems rather alot for a lower/bottom table championship player though!

Great for a poor side last season, and at a good age, but he's probably not streets ahead of what we have.

I'm still living in blind hope that the money we do have is going solely towards a striker that can keep us up, hence all the freebies elsewhere.  :no:

Might be worth a risk, good age, pacey (which we need) and a good goal scoring record for a poor team last year.

I disagree with that. He looked no more solid than Fitz Hall, who got raped like a Russian immigrant in the Premier League.

He'll do a job, but he isn't a good enough athlete to be relied upon this season. I can somewhat get my head around the twisted bias against Bramble, but Nelson? He's a very good defender who'd piss his way into our starting Xl.