NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

The whole "pick a side" thing doesn't sit well with me. Lots of people can be positive about some things and negative about others depending on the circumstances.

I'm actually not including myself when I say that anymore given my recent descent into 100% certified negative depression.

He's built a rod for his own back though. If he changes his tune now, he'll lose even more credibility.

Just look at Jonny Hall, for example.

So what if we suddenly buy three players before the window closes like Alan Brazil reckons? Does that mean you and your mates will lose credibility?

Agree about Johnny H btw. Tragic.

:lol: Didn't realise it was against the law to change my opinion like. Credibility ffs.

I stuck my neck out and said that Carroll was a one-off and that as long as the money was spent right, then I'd be happy.

Carroll was followed by Enrique and I even half understood that situation, although I was disappointed that we didn't do enough to try and keep him. After that we sold our captain and that pissed me off.

Then we got halfway through the transfer window, it became clear that we weren't going to spend a huge chunk of this Carroll money. Then we let N'Zogbia go elsewhere, a player I thought we should have definitely been in for. Then we do what we've done to one of attacking threats in Barton. You can kind of understand why I'm not happy and have 'changed my tune', even if it disagrees with your opinion.

Not that I have to justify myself to you :lol:

good post mate. seems that it's a bit of an alien concept to some to comment on things the way you see them, as they happen.

I should maybe just point out here that it was Ian W who was coming in for stick for holding his views by people who didn't share them...and it was also Inochi who derided the concept of changing opinion. I don't know why some people think this is a one way thing.

He's built a rod for his own back though. If he changes his tune now, he'll lose even more credibility.

Just look at Jonny Hall, for example.

So what if we suddenly buy three players before the window closes like Alan Brazil reckons? Does that mean you and your mates will lose credibility?

Agree about Johnny H btw. Tragic.

:lol: Didn't realise it was against the law to change my opinion like. Credibility ffs.

I stuck my neck out and said that Carroll was a one-off and that as long as the money was spent right, then I'd be happy.

Carroll was followed by Enrique and I even half understood that situation, although I was disappointed that we didn't do enough to try and keep him. After that we sold our captain and that pissed me off.

Then we got halfway through the transfer window, it became clear that we weren't going to spend a huge chunk of this Carroll money. Then we let N'Zogbia go elsewhere, a player I thought we should have definitely been in for. Then we do what we've done to one of attacking threats in Barton. You can kind of understand why I'm not happy and have 'changed my tune', even if it disagrees with your opinion.

Not that I have to justify myself to you :lol:

good post mate. seems that it's a bit of an alien concept to some to comment on things the way you see them, as they happen.

Agreed.

Ian has his own opinion,it is what football is about. Opinions. Let him make his point without being churlish and disrespectful guys.

Even though I rarely agree with anything he posts, I do enjoy discussing stuff with him because he's sound.

Ian has his own opinion,it is what football is about. Opinions. Let him make his point without being churlish and disrespectful guys.

Even though I rarely agree with anything he posts, I do enjoy discussing stuff with him because he's sound.

Yup - Ian fights his corner well. Definitely a glass 'half-full' kind of guy. Not sure of his age, but he is devoid of the cynicism that many older black and whites like me  (30 years now) have developed.

:lol:

I've just read this thread back and realised the last three pages are all about me!  :blush:

FWIW I think people ignore the bits of my posts where I think Ashley has made loads of mistakes, and the bits where I say I think he should probably spend more. Also the posts where I say not having a replacement for Enrique lined up would be massively incompetent. It's not like I even support the guy, I just think that his drive to run us in a financially sensible way is not a bad thing. It annoyed me more when we were spending millions on Boumsong and Luque.

The problem is you can't include some sort of barcode on every post that downloads your entire qualified opinion about Mike Ashley.

The thing I don't believe is that he has some sort of mind control over the media and he would bother using it to do things like make up our link to Erdinc just to keep the public sweet. That obviously hasn't worked!

Anyway, enough meta-debate.

:lol:

I've just read this thread back and realised the last three pages are all about me!  :blush:

FWIW I think people ignore the bits of my posts where I think Ashley has made loads of mistakes, and the bits where I say I think he should probably spend more. Also the posts where I say not having a replacement for Enrique lined up would be massively incompetent. It's not like I even support the guy, I just think that his drive to run us in a financially sensible way is not a bad thing. It annoyed me more when we were spending millions on Boumsong and Luque.

The problem is you can't include some sort of barcode on every post that downloads your entire qualified opinion about Mike Ashley.

The thing I don't believe is that he has some sort of mind control over the media and he would bother using it to do things like make up our link to Erdinc just to keep the public sweet. That obviously hasn't worked!

Anyway, enough meta-debate.

:thup:

Good post. I don't think he's an evil genius out to destroy the club either, more that he's a short-sighted corpulent berk who rarely seems to learn from his mistakes.

Macheda wanted by Newcastle United

05:00 PM 03 August, 2011

Newcastle United are willing to offer Federico Macheda regular first team action.

The Italian youngster burst onto the scene towards the end of the 2008-2009 season, when he scored two vital goals in Manchester United’s successful defence of the title.

Macheda has since found opportunities hard to come by, and he was loaned out to Sampdoria for the second half of last season where he struggled to rediscover his best form.

Whilst there is little chance Sir Alex Ferguson would let the teenage striker leave permanently, a loan deal could be possible and Newcastle are said to be interested.

Yeah I know poor source

http://www.fansfc.com/story/34325.html

Macheda was the best player on the pitch during the two stateside games I watched. Hardly ready to be first choice but has a decent future IMO. Would be similar to when we brought in rossi IMO except will already have back up. Need a main man.

I tell you what, I'd take him now. We've got to fill Enrique and Bartons spot in the next 4 weeks as well. I've got no faith in the board to get them 3 players in over the space of 4 weeks, so at least if we got one in at the start of the month it gives us half a chance. He's got potential and we're desperate.

Some fella called Zapater says he turned down us and a few other clubs to join Lokomotiv Moscow on their official site.

Full name Alberto Zapater Arjol

Date of birth 13 June 1985 (age 26)

Place of birth Ejea de los Caballeros, Spain

Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)

Playing position Midfielder

Some fella called Zapater says he turned down us and a few other clubs to join Lokomotiv Moscow on their official site.

Where abouts in midfield?

Jesus, I mentioned we'd be in for Macheda a few days ago, but it was a piss take.

Mention an eccentric but incredibly wealthy businessman is going to come in and but the club. And Jose and Joey will stay when they see Messi agree terms with us. :lol:

Where abouts in midfield?

Defensiv midfielder according to Wikipedia.

If Enrique goes, a new LB is a must and even Ashley can't be so dense as not to see that. If that is done, I reckon that will be it. We will have a squad which is much weaker than the one that started last season. :(

Wouldn't say that like.

Out would be - Routledge, Nolan, Enrique, Carroll, Barton, Campbell (does he even count??)

And in would be - Abied, Cabaye, New LB, Ba, Marveaux

That's IF we only signed a replacement left back, IMO we'll get a striker as well.