NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

But there's also the worldwide promotion of Sports Direct to consider...

A £200m promotion campaign?  I wouldn't deny he's using his power to get all he can and being a bit of dick about it but I'm not sure that's his primary motivation.

i think you're under-estimating the power of advertising, the reach of the premier league, and how much it would cost to have that degree of exposure for up to ten years. more than 200m

Danny Simpson contract talks broke down, QPR in for him- SSN

Oh buggering f***.

not really doesnt he have two years left on his deal? The bigger worry is if small fry like Danny Simpson won't agree to the terms of the contract how on earth will we get someone half decent in to replace. Ah thats right we don't replace.

Why would he want worldwide promotion for a brand that only exists in England and how would he accomplish that through a club that's very sparsely supported outside it's own city?

you've answered the first question yourself.

do you only watch teams you support?

Can see it now.......

"Danny has chosen to move on and there was little we could do but we have a plan in place and i'm confident of getting someone across the line before we play Scunthorpe in the cup."

Must be another one of those greedy c***s. Get rid. Sick of them bleeding the poor Mike dry.

Apparently every time they offer him a new deal he keeps backing off.

Guest icemanblue

Must be another one of those greedy c***s. Get rid. Sick of them bleeding the poor Mike dry.

Apparently every time they offer him a new deal he keeps backing off.

:lol:

hmm yes, agreed, I too see no difference between someone who creates a business that employs thousands and a professional footballer.  same thing really, they both earn a massive wedge, end comparison there.  computer, print out results. *bzzt beep boop* diagnosis: horrible comparison *computer commits suicide*

~fin~

This Ashley thing is almost becoming the new Keegan thing - even after he won his court case it was 'well he tried to kill Newcastle by claiming £123 billion and ownership of Fiji!!!' insteading of the air wasters like Bobbyule, Afternoon Fix et al not having the balls, wit or common sense to simply admit they were wrong and made to look like arses.