NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I know that it's the natural way of things that good players will one way or another end up at the best clubs more often than not. But what I hate about it is the way the media seems to actively encourage the pursuit of Club X, Y or Z's good players from the "better" clubs. They're obsessed with the rhetoric of Man Utd or any other "big" team have the automatic right to just nab any good player from a club who seem to be doing well, or have a player which is perceived to have a greater quality than the rest of the squad.

The Redknapp incident, for me, encapsulates what I mean. Whatever the details of it, it's this witchunt now that has come about for Ba. Who's he going to? Spurs? Liverpool? Look at him doing well - BIG CLUB MUST GET HIM!

That combined with agents increasingly dominating the game with their cretinous, money-grabbing ways and it's everything that's wrong with the game. The whole thing stinks.

:thup: Spot on that, mate.

I know that it's the natural way of things that good players will one way or another end up at the best clubs more often than not. But what I hate about it is the way the media seems to actively encourage the pursuit of Club X, Y or Z's good players from the "better" clubs. They're obsessed with the rhetoric of Man Utd or any other "big" team have the automatic right to just nab any good player from a club who seem to be doing well, or have a player which is perceived to have a greater quality than the rest of the squad.

The Redknapp incident, for me, encapsulates what I mean. Whatever the details of it, it's this witchunt now that has come about for Ba. Who's he going to? Spurs? Liverpool? Look at him doing well - BIG CLUB MUST GET HIM!

That combined with agents increasingly dominating the game with their cretinous, money-grabbing ways and it's everything that's wrong with the game. The whole thing stinks.

Super true story :thup:

Quoted yesterday by Canal+ saying he wants to stay and fight for his place.

Erdinç, what a fool :lol:

No starts and 12 sub appearances in the league.

Looks like he'll be wasting his career if he stays at PSG. The lad needs a move if he want to progress. Like someone has said, it's looking like he's the French-Turkish equivalent of Alan Smith :lol:

:idiot2:

What a fool? Really?

Have you seen any French football this season?

During his last two seasons he has started 59 games in the league for PSG... this season they bought Kevin Gameiro and he has started ALL games in the league. He's one of their key players in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Erdinç is the second choice striker at the club. If Gameiro gets injured Erdinç will start upfront.

PSG are building something big over there and he wants to be a part of it and fight for a place in the team. Isn't that the sort of players you want in your team? Yes.

If PSG signs Kaka... Pato or Ba in the summer he will probably move on.

He has the chance to stay at PSG to the end of the season and will probably win the league with the club and people are calling him a fool...  :hmm:

He's also a fan of his club.

I see your point, but I'm pretty sure that after next summer there's going to be at least two new players ahead of him in the pecking order no matter how well he does. I just feel like he's not big enough name for PSG anymore.

Think about Shaun Goater or Paul Dickov playing for City and saying they'll fight for their place. /extremely tongue-in-cheek

I hope Ba stays but in the end we can only retain these type of players if they feel we are progressing and they have a chance of meeting their ambitions with us. We have a decent core of players in Ba, Cabaye, Tiote, HBA, Jonas, Colo, Santon and Krul that will hopefully get us to at 7th this year. To get higher we need to retain all/most of them and add 1 or 2 every window. But make no mistake we are unsettling players (Maiga) and exploiting release clauses (Cabaye) and can't complain when others do the same. Harry might be an idiot with his love of the cameras but don't think that if Ba wanted to go his agent wouldn't have briefed every relevant club.

So let's show a bit of ambition and trust that Ba et al enjoy life @ SJP and choose to stay.

#nufc definitely looking at strikers as well as centre halves this window. Agents briefed to that effect last week. Under 26 w/ potential

7 minutes ago  from Twitter for iPhone

Mark Douglas

MsiDouglas

:celb:

#nufc definitely looking at strikers as well as centre halves this window. Agents briefed to that effect last week. Under 26 w/ potential

Mark Douglas

MsiDouglas

Cos Ba is going.

Dosnt matter man, we will still have shola  :indi:

Mark Douglas

MsiDouglas

Cos Ba is going.

Dosnt matter man, we will still have shola  :indi:

We will always have this beast  :snod:

Mark Douglas

MsiDouglas

We're being spoiled now :laugh:

(Not that I'm holding my breath FWIW).

Guest bimpy474

I look at other women but i'm still sleeping next to Queen Hugearse.

Looking means feck all with dumb and dumber holding the money.

#nufc definitely looking at strikers as well as centre halves this window. Agents briefed to that effect last week. Under 26 w/ potential sell on value.

Mark Douglas

MsiDouglas

Still, as long as we get some fucking bodies in.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Latest on Erdinc & Rhodes pursuits in #thejournal too. #nufc

Prediction - NUFC still interested, hoping for some positive news in the next 7 days (on both).

10 minutes ago -

"Do you reckon we could have a new striker soon?"

Douglas: I heard 7-10 days last week, so could be.