NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Be happy with Mancienne. Araverlo looked great in the world cup but I would be wary on the fact its taken him this long to get noticed at 28. Regardless he is better than Smith.

Looks like we are looking at a defensive midfielder at least.

Surely we must be after a LB to cover for Enrique, if Hughts didn't trust Kadar there in the championship he sure as hell wont in the premiership.

regardless of Ben arfa, a pacy right winger/striker would be cracking too. Anichebe wouldn't be disaterous, if our interest is true.

In all the excitement of the Ben Arfa developments this slipped through the net from later on this evening.

http://www.quenonino.com.uy/quenonino/tabid/37/idNoticia/25847/Pe%C3%B1arol/Default.aspx

This says that Arevalo hasn't in fact signed the new contract at Penarol due to the Uruguay squad's flight back home being delayed, and that he'll miss their match on Sunday due to a "muscle strain".

Last paragraph says...

As far as his transfer is concerned, it seems as though his destiny lies with Newcastle of the Premier League. One of his representatives Gerardo Rabajda, met with Pablo Bentancur (who has been in contact with the English club) in Lisbon, and both parties are close to an agreement. Penarol are looking to receive $1m, before taking into account the percentages of the intermediaries.

I don't really rate Anichebe, but I'd have him here. He's big, physical and is a legitimate hard worker who has shown willingness to play more than one position. Would not mind him as a loan.

If its that or no-one I'd take him. 1878 was saying Moyes seems to rate him on the right wing, could be decent cover for wayne, Anichebe is strong and pacey not convinced he can cross a ball, although I havent seen that much of him lately.