NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@rsitch66 Told last week that they like Roux but maybe not ready yet. But all bets seem to be off so they might go in yet

1 minute ago

He also says that Situ will definitely sign btw, says he spoke to his representative last week who confirmed it.

Someone, I can't remember who it was, made the claim ages ago as a piss take (is probably in summer transfer targets thread) that we'd get Macheda in on loan for the year. If this happens, it is the worst thing to have happened this summer by a massive margin

Think it was Otter.

Mark Douglas

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@rsitch66 Told last week that they like Roux but maybe not ready yet. But all bets seem to be off so they might go in yet

32 seconds ago via Twitter for iPhone

Then he says this.

A not-ready-yet Roux is far, far better than Macheda.

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

If Toon are trying for Macheda that would suggest u-turn. Offered him & Mame Diouf in July but wanted better (or more established).. #NUFC

40 seconds ago

Great to know we're on the scrapheap now...

Btw the only people 'imploding' should be the ones who have been banging on about there being ages left all summer, and assuring every 'negative' person that we'd come out of it smelling of roses. They are the ones who are supposed to be being let down.

Got a funny feeling it won't work out like that though.

I'm sort of over it now Dave, are you not?  It's been clear for a number of weeks/months that we weren't going to make the signings that were going to take us to the next level.  I'm not saying it's not something to be angry about because it is, but as long as we sign a left back and look like getting 20-odd points by Christmas and 40+ by the end of the season then fine.  Our intention is to exist in the Premier League.  My personal expectations have been lowered once again, although I'd be well fucked off if I was paying £500 a season to watch it like.  Hoping for miracles now is beyond daft and we all know it.

Mark Douglas

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Then he says this.

Far more money also, unfortunately.

If Macheda does arrive, maybe it's just to wingman for Santon out in town? :pow:

In all seriousness though, if this window closes with only him and Bolek arriving I'm melting. Even if you throw Santon in there I'll be a broken man.

There absolutely has to be money there for a good striker. There has to be.

Btw the only people 'imploding' should be the ones who have been banging on about there being ages left all summer, and assuring every 'negative' person that we'd come out of it smelling of roses. They are the ones who are supposed to be being let down.

Tbf I seem to remember a few going mad before the window had even opened.

Personally I have been panicing for a couple of weeks now, I think that's the acceptable timescale :snod:

Guest bimpy474

Mark Douglas

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Then he says this.

Indeed, i'm in the optimists camp, but seeing old Mike has a way of destroying all hope, i just cant see Roux coming in.

I'm quite happy with the Macheda transfer taken as an individual action by the football club, but it would quite disappointing given the context of the whole transfer window. I believe he is a player who can perform for a club of our level and could be probably  be bought at a low price if we actually desire his service long term. However, we really needed an experienced, proven striker at the club. Ameobi, who could barely get a match while we were being relegated, has been one of the first names on the team sheet for nine months now. I would be very pleased with Santon, though.

With the current leadership of the club, I'm split between love and hate. I think we've almost universally made intelligent, quality, and cost effective signings since our relegation, but the blatant disregard for the realities of football is grating.

it's gonna start getting pretty worrying if we haven't brought a striker in before fulham. i can see them just sacking it off and waiting til january, then bringing in someone totally average on loan.

If it gets to deadline day, or just before, we will go in for Macheda or loan.

Macheda on loan.

:icon_salut:

And I say the above with a new-found confidence that we won't get relegated, which is possibly the foolish by-product of us managing 7 points from 3 games.  I still have big concerns about where the goals come from and the fact that we're relying on a few players that have only managed a handful of games in the last 12 months.

I have to say though, people seem far more accepting of news that isn't as positive.

What happened to all of the not getting to excited until I see him holding up the shirt merchants, when the nwes is more positive?

Does it not apply to this scenario too? Can we not self harm till we at least have this confirmed?

Just saying ...  :razz:

You know they're fucking up, but who can you tell? Is there a hotline?

Guest bimpy474

If Macheda does arrive, maybe it's just to wingman for Santon out in town? :pow:

In all seriousness though, if this window closes with only him and Bolek arriving I'm melting. Even if you throw Santon in there I'll be a broken man.

Nah saving in for January, Dekka said so remember :(

I don't know about that Dave. I'm fairly sure you were championing Randy Lerner as the ideal chairman a while back. How do you feel about Villa now with  Alex MCleish in charge?

This signing would just prove what a bunch of clueless fuckwits they are, because it goes against exactly what they set out as the transfer policy. Even if he does do well for us, it's a fucking shit signing purely on principal.

Glad to hear the Situ thing is happening though.

Guest bimpy474

Macheda signs, then i'm gonna go mental cheering him on, might get a nice surprise, well i'm hoping so anyhoo, either way support the team i shall, without hesitation.

There's less than two days left though. Even if we were committed to getting someone in, we're now at the point at which the price goes up by the hour. So for all the bullshit about wanting to get value for money, waiting all this time means we're almost certainly going to have to pay over the odds.

:(

Wednesday is going to be unbelievable, isn't it.

Thursday is the day. We'll go to bed disillusioned and wake up on Thursday like a fucking hurricane.

Football section will be like Hiroshima.

There's less than two days left though. Even if we were committed to getting someone in, we're now at the point at which the price goes up by the hour. So for all the bullshit about wanting to get value for money, waiting all this time means we're almost certainly going to have to pay over the odds.

:(

Which we won't do. We don't like it when the power is in the hands of the selling club so basically we're fucked.