NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Anyone think we won't sell any key players in January btw? I'm undecided.

Too good to turn down and all of that s****.

If Ba keeps on banging them in the way he has, how long before the Tiote rumours change to him btw?

It's f***ing horrible that we're even talking about this, but with those in charge, it's something that will always be at the back of our minds.

If we want to get anywhere, we need to entertain any ideas that these offers are too good to turn down. Spurs have proven that with Modric - who I think is a class little player, but he's not worth £40 million pound, yet they knew he was more valuable to them than that. That's what we need to start doing.

Absolutely.

Easier said than done though, surely? Not many teams would have hung on to Modric like Spurs did, and even they might still lose him next summer.

i'd argue it's actually almost as easy to do it as say it, considering doing it just involves saying 'no' to the clubs who want to buy him and to the player who's still under contract

it involves valuing the football team over the balance sheet for a little bit though, in the hope that the former will naturally improve the latter. we have trouble with this bit.

Even Spurs have only just got to the stage of saying no though. Until very recently they were a selling club and they've only really felt confident enough to turn down big money bods once they were on a footing to compete for Champions League football.

granted, you have to take that step at some point though. are we waiting until we qualify for the champions league before we stop selling our best players? if that's the case i can see a flaw in the logic.

We do, but Spurs aren't the best example.

One hope with Tiote is that Ashley likes to maximise sales value. Carroll was never going to be worth more than £35m, Tiote's value will rise between now and the summer (and even summer 2013) if he keeps on at the same level of performance

His contract is huge too. Still something like 5.5 years on it isn't there?

Man Utd linked with Clyne in the Mail. They can get bent, they have no need for him at all.

Yes they do. Currently they have no fit natural RB and arguably their only one is Rafael. (Working on the assumption I can't recall Fabio playing RB.)

Even more relevant giving Smalling and Jones will be more needed to cover Vidic and Vidic/Fletcher respectively.

Man Utd linked with Clyne in the Mail. They can get bent, they have no need for him at all.

Yes they do. Currently they have no fit starting RB and arguably their only one is Rafael.

Even more relevant giving Smalling and Jones will be more needed to cover Vidic and Vidic/Fletcher respectively.

When everyone's fit, they have Smalling, Jones, Rafael and Fabio all more than capable of playing there. If they signed Clyne he wouldn't get a game unless all four of those were injured or required elsewhere which would just be very unlucky.

Yes they do. Currently they have no fit starting RB and arguably their only one is Rafael.

When everyone's fit, they have Smalling, Jones, Rafael and Fabio all more than capable of playing there. If they signed Clyne he wouldn't get a game unless all four of those were injured or required elsewhere which would just be very unlucky.

But only 1 of those is a natural RB (Rafael), as has been shown quite a lot with Man United this season shoehorning players in to positions can only get you so far. Plus he's young and good, any good club would be daft not to be interested regardless of how many players they have.

Plus Smalling and Jones, more and more, are going to be needed to cover the central areas they were initially bought for due to injuries / shiteness of Rio and Evans.

Probably just paper talk because of the recent Man Utd - Palace game though.

Guest Heneage

What time did the Chronicle run their Maiga story yesterday? I'm convinced it was just after Metro read it out on the 5pm bulletin, which was again a news item pilfered from elsewhere.

Chronicle running a story about a bid for Tomkins. A West Ham fan in my office (ST holder) said he's been one of their best players this season. Very highly rated there...

:giggs:

How is that  :giggs:  you fool?

Probably because there's a thread about it. You fool.

Chronicle running a story about a bid for Tomkins. A West Ham fan in my office (ST holder) said he's been one of their best players this season. Very highly rated there...

:giggs:

How is that  :giggs:  you fool?

Probably because there's a thread about it. You fool.

:)