NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Surely Babel is beyond us both wages and reputation-wise? Somebody better off than us is going to see the raw physicality and potential and take a punt.

I wouldn't mind him. Exactly the kind of striker we lack.

Ryan Babel linked in the News of the World. Would only want him if we play him upfront alongside Carroll. Someone needs to let him develop as a striker, as he just deosn't seem comfortable on the wing. He is still just 23 yrs old and could still become quite the player if given more of an opportunity.

Could be worth a punt, just obviously depends on the price..

Babel is one of the least intelligent footballers I've seen in a while. Lacks vision and can't pass the ball. I don't know if this is down to the way Liverpool play (and play him) or if he really is that bad. On the good side though, he knows how to hit the ball and is one of the fastest players in PL today.

Sounds like Obafemi Martins.

Marcus Pederson from Stromsgodset

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/05/04/nufc-eye-norway-starlet-marcus-pedersen-72703-26371964/

FWIW I bought him a few years ago on FM, from a fantastically named club Ham Kam.

I live in Hamar (Where HamKam is from). :D

Rubbish rumour, he aint nowhere near premier league standard yet.

But who says someone is buying him for the first team? Also, given the fact Strømsgodset have confirmed themselves that multiple clubs were watching him you'd have thought this rumour was at least rooted somewhat in reality?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/05/04/nufc-eye-norway-starlet-marcus-pedersen-72703-26371964/

FWIW I bought him a few years ago on FM, from a fantastically named club Ham Kam.

But who says someone is buying him for the first team? Also, given the fact Strømsgodset have confirmed themselves that multiple clubs were watching him you'd have thought this rumour was at least rooted somewhat in reality?

having watched him, for many years, and he'll turn 20 this summer. I dont think he is anywhere the required level. In a lower league perhaps.

But he is a big talent over here, and if he has the progress like Huseklepp had from when he was 21 till now he deffo would be worth a shot.

having watched him, for many years, and he'll turn 20 this summer. I dont think he is anywhere the required level. In a lower league perhaps.

But he is a big talent over here, and if he has the progress like Huseklepp had from when he was 21 till now he deffo would be worth a shot.

Yeah, but that's what us Norwegians always say about our players. I remember when we were linked to Hangeland, every Norwegian (bar Harry-Norway) was all "He's not PL quality".

Yeah, but that's what us Norwegians always say about our players. I remember when we were linked to Hangeland, every Norwegian (bar Harry-Norway) was all "He's not PL quality".

That is true. And Hangelands progress since he joined Fulham, has been amazing. Pedersen took Godset by storm when given time, wich Hamkam never gave him. Maybe he has the talent, up to the scouting team .

Guest koye

I believe he can make it in the Premier League. He´s a strong lad and works really hard on the pitch, good pace, can finish great with both feets and decent in the air as well.

This is what I suspected, from the Chronicle piece.

The term 'starlet' usually means 'not yet a star', and 'keeping tabs on' means 'not convinced he's good enough'.

Surely Babel is beyond us both wages and reputation-wise? Somebody better off than us is going to see the raw physicality and potential and take a punt.

I wouldn't mind him. Exactly the kind of striker we lack.

I agree with your conclusion - Babel is still young and in my opinion has been ill-used by Liverpool.

He would create a lot of danger alongside Carroll and players with his background are definitely not unintelligent players  - Ajax youth training doesn't do unintelligent players.....

Reservations are 1) His relatively poor scoring record and ;

2) That I also agree with your first comment...!!

Not from the press but from a Forest website.....

My dads best mate works for Newcastle United and has told me that 5 signings are tied up and another 3 are getting worked on at the moment coming into the clubare :

Juan Albin Free

Kris Boyd Free

Federico macheda season loan

Per Ciljin Stiljbred £3m

Nedum Onouha £3.5m

also the 3 that arebeing worked on are :

James Perch £2m

Nicky Maynard £2.5m

Charlie Adam £2m

perch and adam are pending on the play offs

would love that to be true, but as said before probably just bull.

Any german football experts here?

Both Hamit and Halil Altintop are available for free this summer. People are typically familiar with Hamit, but what is Halil like? I know he's been a pretty succesful striker in the German league, but not sure what kind of player he is. Would he be worth picking up on a free? And would he be a good match alongside Carroll?

Does one play for Bayern?

If so, i was impressed by him but im inclined to think he won't be leaving them.

The more talented one, Hamit, plays for Bayern and the only thing I know about Halil is that he doesn't score very often.

I spent the weekend in Frankfurt watching Eintracht Frankfurt - Hoffenheim as part of a "watch twelve games in twelve different countries in one year" thing. Was a crap game but Halil did beat on his man on a couple of occasions but had poor crosses. Hoffenheim had a quick striker who scored a brace at the end of the game but I wasn't impressed by anyone from that game really.

Any german football experts here?

Both Hamit and Halil Altintop are available for free this summer. People are typically familiar with Hamit, but what is Halil like? I know he's been a pretty succesful striker in the German league, but not sure what kind of player he is. Would he be worth picking up on a free? And would he be a good match alongside Carroll?

Wouldn't by Halil tbh. 2 goals and 2 assist this season doesn't really speak for him, does it? Would not be better than any of our current strikers (probably better than Best).

"watch twelve games in twelve different countries in one year"

Sounds class. Do tell more.

Me and a mate are trying to combine travelling with football to a reasonable price. Went to Milano and watched Inter - Caligari (three nights in four star hotel, flight and match ticket totalling to £120 per person), Spurs - Blackburn (he's a Spurs fan and we stayed at my sisters place so we only spent around £90 on flights and match ticket) and now Eintracht - Hoffenheim (four star hotel for four nights, flights and match ticket £85). Been to a game in Sweden (where we live) as well and will try and head to Denmark  this month. June and july will get tough to catch games due to WC, so we'll probably have to try and squeeze in a couple of countries in the same month later on, like Portugal/Spain combo or something...

Does one play for Bayern?

If so, i was impressed by him but im inclined to think he won't be leaving them.

Hamit plays for Bayern as already said. He will leave them (contract running out and he hardly gets a game)  but will - as things stand - go (back) to Schalke.

"watch twelve games in twelve different countries in one year"

Sounds class. Do tell more.

Me and a mate are trying to combine travelling with football to a reasonable price. Went to Milano and watched Inter - Caligari (three nights in four star hotel, flight and match ticket totalling to £120 per person), Spurs - Blackburn (he's a Spurs fan and we stayed at my sisters place so we only spent around £90 on flights and match ticket) and now Eintracht - Hoffenheim (four star hotel for four nights, flights and match ticket £85). Been to a game in Sweden (where we live) as well and will try and head to Denmark  this month. June and july will get tough to catch games due to WC, so we'll probably have to try and squeeze in a couple of countries in the same month later on, like Portugal/Spain combo or something...

You have time and money for going to so many matches/countries? Do you work anything or are you just finding the money lying on the street?

On a similar note a girl I know has the job of going to various games around europe to record the crowd singing for ringtones or something. Insanely jealous.