NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

They were the ones that broke the Rozehnal & Beye links under Allardyce, and that we had Pancrate on trial. Also said that Silvestre turned us down under Allardyce because he refused to play alongside Barton. They're pretty much on the ball when it comes to Ligue 1 players coming to England.

Scott Wilson of the Echo reckons we're after Welbeck.

Also, just clicked on your sig Dave and absolutely caked my panties  :lol:

Imagine what you'd do if you had Epilepsy. :lol:

:lol: He has probably already killed the majority of epileptic Newcastle fans with that.

No thanks.

Can't agree with what he's said about Ben Arfa not ticking any boxes that Ashley would want ticking either.

Suppose it would be nice to have some pace upfront.

Also, just clicked on your sig Dave and absolutely caked my panties  :lol:

Jesus T'Dave that screen  hurts and hope that wasnt you wedding song for you and your lass :lol:

If we bought another winger, I'd be dropping Routledge, not Jonas.

Routledge has been our best player since we signed him. He's twice as effective as Jonas in english football.

I think Jonas will be more useful against bigger teams, we could do with his workrate and stamina.

Didn't do us much good in 08-09. But I personally wouldn't drop either.

I think a lot of what happened in 08-09 can be thrown out of the window tbh. That team was a shipwreck from the moment Keegan went, everything that happened after it was under pretty shitty circumstances - Jonas' innefectiveness was just a miniscule part of why we went down.

Jonas has had 2 seasons to settle in English football now, I think if we're playing a team that are likely to dominate the game then Jonas' workrate and ability to carry the ball (even if it's blind running) will help to ease pressure rather than having 2 impact wide players playing. It was the original reason why he was included for Argentina, to do the running and dog work for the rest of the team. That and the fact Maradona is a basketcase.

I think overall Jonas while being often a blunt weapon attacking wise is one of our most important players, we struggled to make up for his absence when he didn't play last season. I definitely wouldn't want to drop him.

Weren't we told in the big press release at the end of last season that they would be putting an equivalent of a "gagging order" (ooh er) on agents of players we were interested in?

Yeah we said that if any agent spoke out we wouldn't sign any of their players or something along those lines.

The Board will not make any comment to the media regarding any players that they are seeking to purchase. The Board will deal with agents on their fixed terms of business and part of those terms will include clauses relating to privacy.