NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I can't imagine Robbie Keane retiring without having played for us. He's always been one of those players I've felt would play for us at some point.

Agree with this. SWP is another one. Again, as I've said in the past (relating to Campbell), it's probably just down to the amount of times we've been linked to them.

Nah, I dunno. I always imagined Alan Smith too, and we were hardly linked with him until he came.

Are you joking?

No, but I'm sure you think I should be. There was never anything sustained, or concrete.

It was revealed that he'd refused to go to Middlesbrough because he wanted to join us about a month before he signed.

Not to mention the bid we made in 2004.

I wasn't aware of that one. That was during my time away from football, I think. Either way, whatever, it barely matters.

Well, it does. You were wrong and we were right.

Therefore it matters a great, great deal.

I always thought Del Piero would play for us at some stage.

That's crazy, honestly didn't see your post.  :lol:

He said he'd like to after a friendly years ago, I was there scored an amazing overhead kick

I was there too. Only to see him like  :lol: Without checking I remember working at the car sales room so i'd have been 16-17, got the tickets after work, think the score was 3-2, some random fast black guy tearing us apart but couldn;t finish, when Del Boy came off he got a standing ovation.

I can't imagine Robbie Keane retiring without having played for us. He's always been one of those players I've felt would play for us at some point.

Agree with this. SWP is another one. Again, as I've said in the past (relating to Campbell), it's probably just down to the amount of times we've been linked to them.

Nah, I dunno. I always imagined Alan Smith too, and we were hardly linked with him until he came.

Are you joking?

No, but I'm sure you think I should be. There was never anything sustained, or concrete.

It was revealed that he'd refused to go to Middlesbrough because he wanted to join us about a month before he signed.

Not to mention the bid we made in 2004.

I wasn't aware of that one. That was during my time away from football, I think. Either way, whatever, it barely matters.

Well, it does. You were wrong and we were right.

Therefore it matters a great, great deal.

Exactly. What a fool!

Was that the game where Hamann and Pearce scored a couple of belters?

Honestly no idea, that's about all I can remember from it.

Checking on .com it seems that must be about it. 1998, so i'd have been 17

10-Aug Juventus (h) 2-1 2-0 Hamann 25

Pearce 40 Blanchard 88 32,590

2-1 not 3-2.

If we finished our summer signings with Ben Arfa, Keane and Tiote. I'm relatively sure that we will stay up.

Chris has done well this summer imo.

I'm relatively sure top half of the table. We'd have a good squad.

Assuming Ben Arfa signs, we really don't need Keane. In fact, I'd be concerned about having too many players (if thats possible). Not doing his obvious quality, but Carroll and Keane would be upfront, Routledge, Jonas and Ben Arfa in midfield and hence only one from Barton/Tiote/Nolan/Guthrie/Gosling/Smith/Vuckic......which is outrageous. He's really good, but totally unnecessary and I'd be wary of disrupting the squad with too many signings. Ben Arfa should be the last, unless S Taylor leaves.

Assuming Ben Arfa signs, we really don't need Keane. In fact, I'd be concerned about having too many players (if thats possible). Not doing his obvious quality, but Carroll and Keane would be upfront, Routledge, Jonas and Ben Arfa in midfield and hence only one from Barton/Tiote/Nolan/Guthrie/Gosling/Smith/Vuckic......which is outrageous. He's really good, but totally unnecessary and I'd be wary of disrupting the squad with too many signings. Ben Arfa should be the last, unless S Taylor leaves.

i was thinking keane was the back upoption should ben arfa go to LIVERPOOL.

So now that we know Hatem's off to Liverpool.

Who is this bloke pictured at the training ground?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs191.ash2/45372_10150260822520335_522455334_14614692_4800234_n.jpg

That's the guy in the taxi ...

:-[

So now that we know Hatem's off to Liverpool.

Who is this bloke pictured at the training ground?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs191.ash2/45372_10150260822520335_522455334_14614692_4800234_n.jpg

That's the guy in the taxi ...

:-[

Sooooooo two hours ago.