NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Keeping the quality players we already have could save him a bit of cash in the long run. The squad needs to be strengthened and supplemented, not dismantled. We've got a decent XI and adding 3 or 4 quality players whilst shifting the dead wood would be excellent.

Shifting deadwood sounds like a great idea in theory. When was the last time we shifted any?

We couldn't keep Owen here despite pleas from Keegan to offer him a contract so massive he couldn't turn us down. Does that make him a mercenary cunt or just a happy bench warmer?

With a £4.5m offer accepted for Lille midfielder Yohan Cabaye, a £10m offer accepted for Gameiro – who scored for France against Ukraine last night – and £12m needed for N’Zogbia, Newcastle will have spent virtually all of the £35m received for Andy Carroll if they land all three of them when wages are included.

There is a £5m offer for Reading striker Shane Long on the table while the club made a £1m bid made for Swansea left-back Neil Taylor last night.

£32.5m  :coolsmiley:

With a £4.5m offer accepted for Lille midfielder Yohan Cabaye, a £10m offer accepted for Gameiro who scored for France against Ukraine last night and £12m needed for NZogbia, Newcastle will have spent virtually all of the £35m received for Andy Carroll if they land all three of them when wages are included.

There is a £5m offer for Reading striker Shane Long on the table while the club made a £1m bid made for Swansea left-back Neil Taylor last night.

£32.5m  :coolsmiley:

Wheres that from ?

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

More Newcastle contract news on the way..

Not transfer news - yet. I'll post it here anyway. Enrique?

Beat me to it! I'm thinking it may be Simpson! Although I do hope its Jose

Guest taps01

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

More Newcastle contract news on the way..

Not transfer news - yet. I'll post it here anyway. Enrique?

Simpson maybe

Guest taps01

Just flashed up along the bottom on SSN before the break. Simpson offered new 5 year deal.

How exciting!

Is something going to happen in the summer of 2016? All these long-term contracts you're offering all seem to point to then. Is shit kicking off then? The ACTUAL apocalypse?

I think if the players are under 25 they offer that kind of contract only Williamson offered 5 years and he is above 25. Mind you they still sold Carroll after five year contract and they are about to relese Ranger after they make him sign 5 year last fall.

Is something going to happen in the summer of 2016? All these long-term contracts you're offering all seem to point to then. Is s*** kicking off then? The ACTUAL apocalypse?

I tell you one thing, if the world doesn't end we'll be fucked. All contracts expire and there'll be noone fucking left.

Except for Ashley. And fucking Ameobi no doubt.

Is something going to happen in the summer of 2016? All these long-term contracts you're offering all seem to point to then. Is s*** kicking off then? The ACTUAL apocalypse?

I tell you one thing, if the world doesn't end we'll be f***ed. All contracts expire and there'll be noone f***ing left.

Except for Ashley. And f***ing Ameobi no doubt.

And probably Smith despite the news today :)