NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

All bets are off as far as I'm concerned. That player we nicked off Liverpool shows that plans can change literally overnight and the fact the club sometimes has a way of signing players without much media/fan talk beforehand gives me the belief we're not done yet.

Even if we get only 1 new striker and Enrique stays we're in a far better position than we were in May.

Hear hear!

I think it's fairly obvious how the club is being run

Cheap/free buys and sell if a decent offer comes in. Very little ambition. It's all about surviving and being happy in mid table.

I hope he won't mind me posting this, from Toontastic:

Just heard some ITK stuff from the horse's mouth, and the basic message is do not get excited for the rest of the window (plans are to get a striker in and that's it. They are a mile away in valuation for this Erdinc or whatever he's called). Enrique basically isn't even speaking to the club at this stage, and they are hoping that him and Barton will attract bids later in the window - not much interest for Enrique to date.

And they would love to hold on to Tiote for another year (such ambition!), but if the right offer comes in....which isn't a surprise.

I'm sure we heard all this the season we got relegated as well. That we'd sell everyone, wouldn't spend in the January window etc. Not that I think we are going to be making more than one big transfer though. It all depends on who the striker whether we will have had a good window or just so so.

Be interesting to know how the club was sold to Cabaye, Ba & Marveux. If it was sold on false promises this reputation we've built up in France will surely soon begin to evaporate.

On a separate note if we don't want to spend money we should surely be at least looking to the loan Market to bolster our paperthin squad.

Be interesting to know how the club was sold to Cabaye, Ba & Marveux. If it was sold on false promises this reputation we've built up in France will surely soon begin to evaporate.

On a separate note if we don't want to spend money we should surely be at least looking to the loan Market to bolster our paperthin squad.

This is of concern to me also. If our squad is thin (outside a good 1st 11) and the bench weak how long do they keep buying, 'next transfer window/next season' stories. Doubly worse if we sell the likes of Tiote as soon as a 15m bid comes in.

:lol:

Some people really work hard at finding things to worry about!

£7m Gael sparks Bridge Toon bid

Published: 02 Jul 2011

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

MANCHESTER CITY hope £7million Gael Clichy will be theirs by Tuesday's start of pre-season training.

The capture of the Arsenal left-back is likely to hasten the exit of ex-England ace Wayne Bridge, 30, who is wanted by Newcastle.

Link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3672803/Newcastle-eye-Wayne-Bridge-as-Gael-Clichy-set-to-join-Manchester-City.html

We've done every stupid thing in the books since Ashley bought the club, but we haven't really been in the business of signing overpriced, over-the-hill players excluding that first summer.

This is of concern to me also. If our squad is thin (outside a good 1st 11) and the bench weak how long do they keep buying, 'next transfer window/next season' stories. Doubly worse if we sell the likes of Tiote as soon as a 15m bid comes in.

£15m?, think it would cost more than that to get Tiote like..

not bloody likely with his wages unless its a loan with them covering half the wages which also isn't likely.

I would imagine he'd drop his wages for first team football and City don't need him. Sadly I can see us looking at him as a short term solution with Taylor liked up to take over with a year's experience behind him. I hope I'm wrong but this looks like a realistic possibility for me.