NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Ian has his own opinion,it is what football is about. Opinions. Let him make his point without being churlish and disrespectful guys.

It's fine, it is sometimes a bit like when Nelson starts saying his Dad's just gone to the store and he's coming back though :lol:

He's built a rod for his own back though. If he changes his tune now, he'll lose even more credibility.

Just look at Jonny Hall, for example.

So what if we suddenly buy three players before the window closes like Alan Brazil reckons? Does that mean you and your mates will lose credibility?

Agree about Johnny H btw. Tragic.

Ian is a very good poster but this summer has been very hard on him.

I love his optimism, it keeps me going :)

Has the optimism I used to have, before this place dragged it out of me

Aye, this place does do that to you. My optimism has been severely shot :laugh: :undecided:

Guest icemanblue

He's built a rod for his own back though. If he changes his tune now, he'll lose even more credibility.

So what if we suddenly buy three players before the window closes like Alan Brazil reckons? Does that mean you and your mates will lose credibility?

I wouldn't imagine so, no. If 'my mates' are anything like me, and the signings we make are of sufficient quality to replace those who have left, then they'll happily accept they were wrong. Can't see it happening though.

Ian has his own opinion,it is what football is about. Opinions. Let him make his point without being churlish and disrespectful guys.

Agreed, I don't know how he can keep his opinion intact though, that's his choice and he always comes across well.

Depends who those players are, no?

I expect us to make signings that improve the squad, that's precisely why I'll be pissed off if we don't. Replacing who we've lost/are losing is the bare minimum. Time is running out and I don't believe there are any excuses.

Guest bimpy474

Ian is a very good poster but this summer has been very hard on him.

I love his optimism, it keeps me going :)

Has the optimism I used to have, before this place dragged it out of me

Aye but i have mine through his innocent eyes, Ian's optimism  :smitten:

Guest bimpy474

It's fine, it is sometimes a bit like when Nelson starts saying his Dad's just gone to the store and he's coming back though :lol:

Simpson's ? if so funniest feckin thing around :)

Guest bimpy474

I'm expect us to make signings that improve the squad, that's precisely why I'll be p*ssed off if we don't. Replacing who we've lost/are losing is the bare minimum. Time is running out and I don't believe there are any excuses.

Absolutely, no excuses at all.  O0

I'm expect us to make signings that improve the squad, that's precisely why I'll be pissed off if we don't. Replacing who we've lost/are losing is the bare minimum. Time is running out and I don't believe there are any excuses.

There's still time to make three more signings of enough quality to come out of this looking stronger across the board than we were last season IMO. The question is down to the intent to make it happen which we can only guess at. If we make only token buys and attempt to appease the masses with that I don't think it will work. Ashley's in danger of burning all his bridges this time round and if he's a businessman he'd be bloody stupid to do that.

:lol: Didn't realise it was against the law to change my opinion like. Credibility ffs.

I stuck my neck out and said that Carroll was a one-off and that as long as the money was spent right, then I'd be happy.

Carroll was followed by Enrique and I even half understood that situation, although I was disappointed that we didn't do enough to try and keep him. After that we sold our captain and that pissed me off.

Then we got halfway through the transfer window, it became clear that we weren't going to spend a huge chunk of this Carroll money. Then we let N'Zogbia go elsewhere, a player I thought we should have definitely been in for. Then we do what we've done to one of attacking threats in Barton. You can kind of understand why I'm not happy and have 'changed my tune', even if it disagrees with your opinion.

Not that I have to justify myself to you :lol:

Guest Antec

Double bid submitted I'm hearing, fingers crossed

http://www.circusunlimited.com/cu%20images%20jpg/rainbow&sonnynosea.jpg

:lol: Didn't realise it was against the law to change my opinion like. Credibility ffs.

I stuck my neck out and said that Carroll was a one-off and that as long as the money was spent right, then I'd be happy.

Carroll was followed by Enrique and I even half understood that situation, although I was disappointed that we didn't do enough to try and keep him. After that we sold our captain and that pissed me off.

Then we got halfway through the transfer window, it became clear that we weren't going to spend a huge chunk of this Carroll money. Then we let N'Zogbia go elsewhere, a player I thought we should have definitely been in for. Then we do what we've done to one of attacking threats in Barton. You can kind of understand why I'm not happy and have 'changed my tune', even if it disagrees with your opinion.

WEll why did you then? :lol:

Then we let N'Zogbia go elsewhere, a player I thought we should have definitely been in for.

We did go in for him - at the end of the January transfer window when we didn't need a midfielder and he wasn't for sale :bluestar:

Carroll was followed by Enrique and I even half understood that situation, although I was disappointed that we didn't do enough to try and keep him. After that we sold our captain and that p*ssed me off.

Because I don't like my opinions and credibility put into question. Sorry like, but it's rather offensive.

EDIT: In fact, it's even less credible to continue to blindly support the club's decisions because it's 'what i thought in the first place' :lol:

Carroll was followed by Enrique and I even half understood that situation, although I was disappointed that we didn't do enough to try and keep him. After that we sold our captain and that p*ssed me off.

Because I don't like my opinions and credibility put into question. Sorry like, but it's rather offensive.

EDIT: In fact, it's even less credible to continue to blindly support the club's decisions because it's 'what i thought in the first place' :lol:

I would agree with that Johnny, but how many people do you know here who actually do that?

I would agree with that Johnny, but how many people do you know here who actually do that?

Not as many as continue to put that 'h' in my name.

You've lost me there mate, I'm not even sure where this is going any more.

Guest bimpy474

:laugh:

Agreed, I don't know how he can keep his opinion intact though, that's his choice and he always comes across well.

:thup:

Have alot of respect for him. He's taken a few hits recently.

good post mate. seems that it's a bit of an alien concept to some to comment on things the way you see them, as they happen.