NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

My hope is that rather than becoming a selling club we are becoming more like Tottenham in the way they do transfer business, in that if they don't want to sell a player it would take an obscene amount of money for them to agree to the deal.

This

Players will always be sold and under Ashley who is a total loose cannon nobody has any idea what he might or might not do. A certain framework to the team has to be kept though to allow for progression even if there is the odd departure here and there.

Posted by: Zero

« on: Today at 12:20:56 PM » Insert Quote

We are on the course of finishing top 7 and with a bit of luck we may qualify for Champions League.  Ashley won't be daft enough to sell our best players unless the amount is even higher than the money we can earn in Europe.

I am not afraid of Man Utd to be honest.  What I am worrying at is Chelsea --- they desperately need someone to boss the midfield and both Tiote and Cabaye suits them.  A bid of 30m for each of them may come at Jan.

I do agree with the sentiment of the post, but come on  :lol:

Are we seriously starting to think that CL qualification is possible with a bit of luck? I've had worse predictions than Lawrenson this season, and I genuinly believe that we will slowly start to drop in the table sooner rather than later. I do think 6-7th is possible, but no way will we finish any higher.

For CL qualification we would need the following:

Sign a striker

Sign a fullback opposite to Santon

Sign a cb capable of covering Colo

No injuries

Big dose of luck

RvP season injury

Suarez season long injury

Several key spuds players injured over the season

Alan smith to leave the club.

Not sell anyone.

If all that happens, the yes, we have a chance of qualifying for the CL.

Let's not go all Mackem, CL is firmly ruled out. Europa there is a half decent chance.

Someone was telling me the odds of us finishing 4th are 25-1, said I wouldn't even put a quid on if it was 250-1, no chance in hell.

Sign a striker

No injuries

Big dose of luck

RvP season injury

Not sell anyone.

:lol:

that would boost us massively

Sign a striker

No injuries

Big dose of luck

RvP season injury

Not sell anyone.

no problem then  O0

Negotiations on a new deal for Blackburn Rovers ace Junior Hoilett have reportedly hit the buffers.

Rovers are hoping the forward will commit his long-term future to the club, but this is looking less likely and he could be on his way in January with his current deal expiring next summer.

However, it is understood that Hoilett has not completely rejected a new deal, but the signs that a compromise can be being reached are not believed to be good.

Newcastle United are understood to be just one of a number of clubs who are tracking his situation with interest and, should contract talks failed to resolved, are likely to see if they can tempt Rovers into selling in January.

Rovers would have to weigh up the dangers of losing him for just compensation in the summer with losing their most attacking threat in January, although it is understood Venky’s are determined to hold on to his services.

A source close to Hoilett, said: “At the moment there are no new developments in his contract talk; I would say things are at a standstill.”

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/blackburn-rovers-fc/1210769-newcastle-united-on-alert-as-hoilett-talks-with-blackburn-rovers-reach-%E2%80%98standstill%E2%80%99.html?

Sign a striker

No injuries

Big dose of luck

RvP season injury

Not sell anyone.

The key point is to get most of the points from the 2nd-tier and below teams. We have done this consistently for the last ten matches.  Certainly luck is needed but because of our great start this CL places is no longer impossible, believe it or don't.

Negotiations on a new deal for Blackburn Rovers ace Junior Hoilett have reportedly hit the buffers.

Rovers are hoping the forward will commit his long-term future to the club, but this is looking less likely and he could be on his way in January with his current deal expiring next summer.

However, it is understood that Hoilett has not completely rejected a new deal, but the signs that a compromise can be being reached are not believed to be good.

Newcastle United are understood to be just one of a number of clubs who are tracking his situation with interest and, should contract talks failed to resolved, are likely to see if they can tempt Rovers into selling in January.

Rovers would have to weigh up the dangers of losing him for just compensation in the summer with losing their most attacking threat in January, although it is understood Venky’s are determined to hold on to his services.

A source close to Hoilett, said: “At the moment there are no new developments in his contract talk; I would say things are at a standstill.”

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/blackburn-rovers-fc/1210769-newcastle-united-on-alert-as-hoilett-talks-with-blackburn-rovers-reach-%E2%80%98standstill%E2%80%99.html?

He would be mad to sign for Blackburn again, much better clubs could use him IMO. I would like to see him here, although we're already quite well off for  midfielders.

I can't see that Blackburn stand any chance. Why should Hoilett sign a new contract with a side in danger of relegation, when in a few months time he can have his pick of clubs with much better prospects, and who can at least equal whatever Blackburn are offering in wages?

They've missed the boat.

Posted by: Zero

« on: Today at 12:20:56 PM » Insert Quote

We are on the course of finishing top 7 and with a bit of luck we may qualify for Champions League.  Ashley won't be daft enough to sell our best players unless the amount is even higher than the money we can earn in Europe.

I am not afraid of Man Utd to be honest.  What I am worrying at is Chelsea --- they desperately need someone to boss the midfield and both Tiote and Cabaye suits them.  A bid of 30m for each of them may come at Jan.

I do agree with the sentiment of the post, but come on  :lol:

Are we seriously starting to think that CL qualification is possible with a bit of luck? I've had worse predictions than Lawrenson this season, and I genuinly believe that we will slowly start to drop in the table sooner rather than later. I do think 6-7th is possible, but no way will we finish any higher.

:thup:

He would be mad to sign for Blackburn again, much better clubs could use him IMO. I would like to see him here, although we're already quite well off for  midfielders.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he could become a striker? He seems to have a decent shot at least..

How as he not got a game for Canada yet?

Won't be long til he's up there with their other all time greats like Paul Stalteri and Tomasz Radzinski.

http://images.sportinglife.com/09/08/330/David-Edgar_2341874.jpg

Won't be long til he's up there with their other all time greats like Paul Stalteri and Tomasz Radzinski.

He did score against man utd. haha. To be fair to him he was alot better than Paul Huntington. He didnt mess around with his hair as much.

He did score against man utd. haha. To be fair to him he was alot better than Paul Huntington. He didnt mess around with his hair as much.

I still remember Roeder's reaction when Edgar scored against Man U :lol: