World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Uruguay is going to fuck someone up. Mexico will advance, though. They're crazy when they give a shit.

Yeah, I think those two will have too much going forward for France and South Africa.

Mexico play some shit hot football when they're on song.

Love the Vuvuzellas now. Reminds me of the Confed Cup. Good times. Watch, you'll miss them when it's over.

I didn't. I just got more and more annoyed as the Confed Cup went on, at the end I muted the fucking TV. Fucking delight watching footy with normal sound after it had ended.

I'm pretty fine with them blowing them non-stop in SA games, it's their way of supporting football teams and it isn't much more annoying than the bloody Great Escape song or the guy with the drum for Spain (he's just one guy though). But it's a very different matter them things getting blown in games where they don't support anybody and just annoy the travelling fans there.

I'm pretty fine with them blowing them non-stop in SA games, it's their way of supporting football teams and it isn't much more annoying than the bloody Great Escape song or the guy with the drum for Spain (he's just one guy though). But it's a very different matter them things getting blown in games where they don't support anybody and just annoy the travelling fans there.

Definitely this. I couldn't understand why they let South African kids blow those damn things during the whole Australia-Denmark match. What is the damn point. Awful.

New York Times poll:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/09/sports/soccer/20100609-worldcup-interactive.html?hp

63% think yanks will win or draw against England.

Some of the comments just to wind you up ;)

Though you gotta love the Brits, I believe that All-American heart and attitude will prevail. Its like if the World Cup had teams, the US would be the "Three-Legged Hound Dogs," though disadvantaged, could still sniff out a victory. The UK would be the "Grass Fairies," light, fast,and magical, but fairies nonetheless.

As a Scotsman living in California I want and hope for a stellar US victory on Saturday against the over-hyped and under-talented Sassenachs. Engerrrrland have looked very ordinary in their pre-tournament warm-up matches and so I think they are very beatable.

I bet on the pure heart and drive of the Americans, rather than the elitist and prissy English and their frivolous WAGs

I want our men to do much more than win. I ant them to open up a giant gushing leak of handsome soccer DOMINANCE on those freaking limeys. Mess up OUR country, willya? U to the S to the A, all the way.

Soccer is a dumb game well suited for Euro-weenies but silly in the American context. I could care less who wins and if England win it might actually be helpful. Next it will be cricket and high tea. Go Brits, do us a favor.

Guest firetotheworks

I think it'll be a win for USA or a sneaky draw by England tbh. It just seems our style.

The US will be a hard nut to crack. They're not the most talented side, but they're ranked number 14 in the world on results. If the Americans decide to do something, they get themselves well organised and give it 100%. They don't do things half-hearted.

1-0 to England.

Up until the past couple of days ive been thinking its going to be really tough and that id take a draw, then you go through the to starting 11's, we should win fairly Comfortably. I have faith we'll turn it on when the big day arrives.

Guest firetotheworks

I still think the U.S are good as a team, and we'll find it hard to break them down.

I couldn't agree with this statement anymore. Part of the World Cup for me is the different type of atmospheres created by the different sets of fans, going to hear none of that because wankers will be blowing fucking horns and dancing and not many teams will have a true element of proper support.

New York Times poll:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/09/sports/soccer/20100609-worldcup-interactive.html?hp

63% think yanks will win or draw against England.

Some of the comments just to wind you up ;)

Though you gotta love the Brits, I believe that All-American heart and attitude will prevail. Its like if the World Cup had teams, the US would be the "Three-Legged Hound Dogs," though disadvantaged, could still sniff out a victory. The UK would be the "Grass Fairies," light, fast,and magical, but fairies nonetheless.

As a Scotsman living in California I want and hope for a stellar US victory on Saturday against the over-hyped and under-talented Sassenachs. Engerrrrland have looked very ordinary in their pre-tournament warm-up matches and so I think they are very beatable.

I bet on the pure heart and drive of the Americans, rather than the elitist and prissy English and their frivolous WAGs

I want our men to do much more than win. I ant them to open up a giant gushing leak of handsome soccer DOMINANCE on those freaking limeys. Mess up OUR country, willya? U to the S to the A, all the way.

Soccer is a dumb game well suited for Euro-weenies but silly in the American context. I could care less who wins and if England win it might actually be helpful. Next it will be cricket and high tea. Go Brits, do us a favor.

We messed up their Country?  :lol: I could have sworn they messed up the world.

Fuking yank cunts shouldn't even be allowed to play football. Wankers, hope the burn in soccer hell.

Fuking yank cunts shouldn't even be allowed to play football. Wankers, hope the burn in soccer hell.

:facepalm: Far worse than the retarded comments above tbh

:facepalm: Far worse than the retarded comments above tbh

Just getting in to the spirit numbnuts.  :lol: