Club statement

Magpie

Why even bother coming out with this at this stage of the season? None of this makes any sense, well it does, its Ashley were talking about. Sounds like they've got major beef with the media as well all this were not commenting on anything to you lot shite.

If they think they can stay up with this squad then they are seriously mistaken. £15m was a miser amount to stay in the league, but nothing at all bar player sales is fuking ridiculous.

Just as you think its safe to enjoy being a toon fan again...bang, fuk you goodnight, see you in the championship.

Sunderland fans must be wetting themselves at this news, i know I would on the flipside.

:tickedoff:

Everything, from this statement to Hughton's comments point towards us spending new to nowt this summer. If we don't spend much, I really honestly do fear for us this club. Just ask the mongrels down the road how s*** a good championship side can be in the premier league when very little money is spent.

The premier league will be much stronger next year than this season, the 3 bottom teams were considerably worse than the rest of the league and I fear Wolves, Wigan and West ham will all spend more than us.

I mean look at wolves, struggled this season yet spent 16M, can you really see us spending that much? You've got to speculate to accumulate in this league, something the club seems reluctant to do.

Guest neesy111

i'm preparing to consider not even watch us next season with this side! just going to be soo painful!

Guest neesy111

ashley is going to use the CLUBs money to pay for his own mistakes to claw his money back

Because they were showing they had faith in Chris, they will not get involved in on the pitch matters, and they promised a little while back to keep intouch with the fans as much as they possibly can. This is them saying they are not saying how much Chris will have, they are interested in keeping the club in a good finacial position, they want to get the best out of the young players in the future and they will not confirm or deny any press rumours in the summer. To me that sounds like a bloody good plan.

And because every good plan begins with '1. Widely publish the plan on a globally-accessible medium'. Classic Sun Tzu.

Name me one benefit of stating that we will not spend anything on players this summer.

If they can find another 30,000 people who are convinced this easily then Ashley has a cash cow for life.

still baffled by no new capital spending line, does that mean no capital spending on players at all or no new plans above what is budgeted for already

Considering the rest of the statement, as in how precise and going over things several times, this being left open to interpretation was intentional imo, god knows why.

Guest toonlass

I bet David Craig has been on the phone to "rent-a-mong" to order a group of 100 black and white clad, white lightning drinkers to be assembled at Strawberry Place at 9.45am tomorrow (gives them time to cash their giro). Rumours that Tesco's in Newcastle have already ran out of bedsheets and black felt tipped pens are already starting.

Blef I just think that people on here taking words out of context and meaning, similar to adding 2+2 and getting 5.

Even if it is out of context, everyone will be reading it the same. Including the media.

Explain why it was a good idea to release the statement before season tickets are sold?

Seems like a bizzare statement but people seem to be over reacting without actually reading what it says.

"The first team squad that won the Championship this year will form the basis of the team for next season in the Premier League" - Well, no one thought anything different did they? If we get 3 players in, then this years "squad" will still form the basis of the team next year.

They want to promote from "within" - again , nothing we didnt know. Buy young players to develop, sell them on.

There wont be any transfer dealings done through the media, shock horror!!

This is a nothing statement and typical of this board keeping things close to their chest, especially where tranfers are concerened. Im gutted they havent come out and said we will be spending £30mil on SWP and Robbie Keane.......

still baffled by no new capital spending line, does that mean no capital spending on players at all or no new plans above what is budgeted for already

Considering the rest of the statement, as in how precise and going over things several times, this being left open to interpretation was intentional imo, god knows why.

keep prices low perhaps? very odd the key line is ambiguous

Because they were showing they had faith in Chris, they will not get involved in on the pitch matters, and they promised a little while back to keep intouch with the fans as much as they possibly can. This is them saying they are not saying how much Chris will have, they are interested in keeping the club in a good finacial position, they want to get the best out of the young players in the future and they will not confirm or deny any press rumours in the summer. To me that sounds like a bloody good plan.

And because every good plan begins with '1. Widely publish the plan on a globally-accessible medium'. Classic Sun Tzu.

Name me one benefit of stating that we will not spend anything on players this summer.

If they can find another 30,000 people who are convinced this easily then Ashley has a cash cow for life.

THEY CLUB HAS NOT SAID IT WON'T SPEND MONEY ON PLAYERS!

Guest Phil K

It pretty much says we are putting the club on a sound finacial position, they will not get involved into footballing matter, lets Chris do the job, give him support and shut up.

Good news in my view.

They key word says plan, which to me means they don't have an exact figure in mind and will spend what they feel is needed, not that they won't spend.

Thats the way I read it too

Many are panicking way too soon.

All will be well....;)

It pretty much says we are putting the club on a sound finacial position, they will not get involved into footballing matter, lets Chris do the job, give him support and shut up.

Good news in my view.

They key word says plan, which to me means they don't have an exact figure in mind and will spend what they feel is needed, not that they won't spend.

Thats the way I read it too

Many are panicking way too soon.

All will be well....;)

My feelings exactly.