World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

Just got in. Absolute joke.

That dissallowed goal has changed everything. 2-2 and we wouldnt be attacking like that for them to hit us on the counter. Fair play they knocked it around well & our defending was shocking. But that decision has probably changed everything. Let alone the defoe header that he also called offside. Has to be sacked from the tournament.

You say that but at 2-1 down with another half an hour to go we shouldn't have been attacking like that.

Mike Williamson is England's answer  :smitten:

Probably (not). But let's wait and see, but I honestly think that players like Guthrie, Routledge, Carroll or even a fully-fit and in form Barton and probably Nolan would have done a better job than the team that was out today.

I'm really surprised about how this tournament has gone. I thought Capello's class would make a difference.

I can't understand where the confidence went. We sailed through the qualifiers, won (or at least didn't lose) most of the friendlies and didn't suffer from injuries to our supposed best attacking players. We even scored within minutes of the first game! Yet, if anything, that was the high point of the whole tournament for us.

Not sure how everyones so dissapointed with anyone other than the defence after that.

We've hit the bar 3 times, Gerrards had a great chance saved. We should have had 5 goals and people are complaining about the performance. The only one you could have a go at going fowards is Rooney who was marked out of it.

Theyve just done us on the break, Terrys been done for pace & Klose is quality. Beyond the decision, that was the only difference.

I'm really surprised about how this tournament has gone. I thought Capello's class would make a difference.

I can't understand where the confidence went. We sailed through the qualifiers, won (or at least didn't lose) most of the friendlies and didn't suffer from injuries to our supposed best attacking players. We even scored within minutes of the first game! Yet, if anything, that was the high point of the whole tournament for us.

Thought the thing about Capello as well tbh.

But now I think that England won't win anything - till probably there will be Mourinho in charge.

Guest firetotheworks

also hopes this puts the Terry  myth to rest. fine as hard man type league stopper but cant step up against classier players.

It's not a myth, he's just past his best, and played along side a mirror image of himself. He's much better along side a defender who can play it. Carvalio/Ferdinand/Even King.

Capello had an awful tournament. He's in his mid sixties, isn't he? Maybe he no longer gives a fuck.

Not sure how everyones so dissapointed with anyone other than the defence after that.

We've hit the bar 3 times, Gerrards had a great chance saved. We should have had 5 goals and people are complaining about the performance. The only one you could have a go at going fowards is Rooney who was marked out of it.

Theyve just done us on the break, Terrys been done for pace & Klose is quality. Beyond the decision, that was the only difference.

Think that as well. It wasn't a bad performance, it was very much down to bad luck as well.

Let's be honest - Germany always has great luck at those big tournaments. Will wait and see till Maradona and Messia are facing them.

That dissallowed goal has changed everything. 2-2 and we wouldnt be attacking like that for them to hit us on the counter. Fair play they knocked it around well & our defending was shocking. But that decision has probably changed everything. Let alone the defoe header that he also called offside. Has to be sacked from the tournament.

You say that but at 2-1 down with another half an hour to go we shouldn't have been attacking like that.

Dont disagree. Doesnt change the fact that we wouldnt have been if we'd had what we deserved either. The defending was awful though yes. It still changes the entire game. If we come back from 2-0 the momentum is completely with us & Germany have to push out more again. Would have opened up a lot more chances. Shocking call.

We should keep Capello. I like the way Gabby Logan has to do that English person abroad thing, where you just shout louder in English for them to understand.

HOW MUCH DID THE LAMPARD INCIDENT AFFECT THE GAME?

HOW MUCH DID THE LAMPARD INCIDENT AFFECT THE GAME?

DO YOU DO CHIPS?

Guest kingdawson

I've never hated an England player as much as i hate Glen johnson. He's officially the thickest footballer i've ever seen play. Besides possessing the worst positional sense of any rb in history, what player in world football wouldn't take one for the team and commit a professional foul for Germany's 3rd? i mean is he taking the piss?

No right midfielder will ever look consistently good for England when he has to play with that disgraceful piece of horse shit.

God's a German, he really is.  Not only are they going to get revenge for the goal in '66, they are going to win 5-1.  And with a team that will do nothing in club football.  It's outstanding, it really is.  I don't know how they do it. 

They're superbly organised and excellent on the counter. They thoroughly deserve this, with the exception of the phantom goal. International football has always been about playing as a team rather than relying on excellent individuals, which is why the Germans have always been pretty good.

No question they've deserved it.  But I will never understand how a player like Klose or Podolski can disappear for an entire club season, put on the German shirt and still look like the typical Germanobot superstar.  Every year.  Without fail.  It's outstanding.  No matter what happens in club football, they will find 11 players with German passports that will make the semi-finals. 

Pride.

Half of them aren't even real Germans.  It can't just be pride. 

I don't buy that s*** at all, they've lived there most their lives and are 'officially' German and clearly do have pride

I just don't put it down to their superior pride at being naturalised Germans.  It seems like a cop out. 

Guest kingdawson

Oh and Matthew Upson was laughing at us with that performance. Getting out muscled by Klose is one thing....but when you get out paced by him, it's time to call it a day and quit international football.

Guest Heneage

England just have this weird thing of picking players that failed when it matters. The same group of players get chance after chance.

Thought we would most likely go out, but with a bit of passion, not out with a fucking wimper man.

The only thing thats making me care a bit less is that if Lampards goal went in and the momentum carried forward which meant we went through, then you just know Argentina, nah even just Messi on his own would have ripped us a good few new arseholes.

Dont disagree. Doesnt change the fact that we wouldnt have been if we'd had what we deserved either. The defending was awful though yes. It still changes the entire game. If we come back from 2-0 the momentum is completely with us & Germany have to push out more again. Would have opened up a lot more chances. Shocking call.

I know what you mean but I'm resisting the urge to think about it like that. It almost leads to letting the players off the hook and blaming the officials. The players showed depressingly little heart. Judging from comments so far, I doubt many people will agree with this but the only outfield players who really looked like they were trying with everything they had, for me, were Gerrard and A Cole.

I hope that's the end of Lampard in an England shirt too. We shouldn't waste any more time constantly forcing him into our midfield.

The same about Terry and Gerrard imo. England should bring in some young players like Germany does.

I just don't put it down to their superior pride at being naturalised Germans.  It seems like a cop out. 

Its probably more down to personal pride and their desire to want to perform to the best of their abilities at the highest level possible.

It's gotta be frustrating to see every England manager shoe-horn Gerrard and Lampard into the same midfield. Capello had the perfect excuse for dropping Gerrard for the WC because he's had a shit season but he really fucked it up. The way the Germans dominated the midfield is testament to the fact that the central midfield area is your biggest problem.

I know what you mean but I'm resisting the urge to think about it like that. It almost leads to letting the players off the hook and blaming the officials. The players showed depressingly little heart. Judging from comments so far, I doubt many people will agree with this but the only outfield players who really looked like they were trying with everything they had, for me, were Gerrard and A Cole.

Disagree with Gerrard, he just wanted to be the hero. He was nowhere to be seen once the game got out of hand.

Cole is always great, despite his cuntishness.

Cole, Defoe and Milner. Milner learned how to cross, now he just needs to learn how to aim them.