World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

Guest Heneage

Even Redknapp saying they couldn't give more. Massive delusions.

Capello needs an overhaul of his squad and arguably his contract in all honesty. Pay him £6m, but make the £6m incentive heavy. Right now he gets £6m just for turning up.

As for the squad;

1.) If you state you pick on form, actually do it. Pick the 23 best players, base it solely on the performances in the league, not 'What they can do' base it on 'What they have done'. A prime example is SWP for Adam Johnson, the former was restricted to from the bench appearances, and even then he lacked the direct nature, and mazy dribbles and long shots that elevated him to the £21m fee Chelsea paid for. Compare him with Jonhson, who attacked his fullback be it top of the league or relegation fodder. He looked comfortable on either flank but better on the difficult left wing, for whom you have tried right footed SWP and Aaron Lennon.

Heskey and Bent is the other obvious inclusion, how you can honestly judge a striker based on the minutes he received against Brazil in a practice match is beyond me. It is almost like you purposefully chose to play him then to make him look bad, thus justifying your choice.

2.) Always look to evolve your formation, and adapt it to play against your opponent. Unless you are beating every team you face 3-0 with great ease, your formation must be willing to change, as sometimes a formation plays into your opponents hands as it did today. Your rigid nature was admirable at first, but it hit the point where it was just stubborn and stupid. Ironically, you may have just witnessed the perfect system in Germany's 4-2-3-1. For the next 2012 Euro's;

Hart

Johnson      Cahill        Ferdinand      Cole

Rodwell      Parker

Lennon                  Gerrard              Johnson

Rooney

The two sitting midfielders, allow for the lack of pace and provide you cover from the break, they are to sit and play passes to the 3 in front. In many ways it works like a 4-4-2 with Gerrard expected to surge ahead, and move along the width of the pitch, supporting attacks, picking up the ball, making him difficult to mark. Rooney as the spear head is almost the complete forward, as he just can't play with a partner next to him, he is employed purely as a striker, not a Forward, or a No10.

Just a thought Fabio.

Guest Lazlo

At least andy Murray is still playing well at Wimbledon eh !

Although he hates the English.

USA finishing above is is the embarrssment.

We all saw this coming right ?

Just got in. Absolute joke.

That dissallowed goal has changed everything. 2-2 and we wouldnt be attacking like that for them to hit us on the counter. Fair play they knocked it around well & our defending was shocking. But that decision has probably changed everything. Let alone the defoe header that he also called offside. Has to be sacked from the tournament.

Capello needs an overhaul of his squad and arguably his contract in all honesty. Pay him £6m, but make the £6m incentive heavy. Right now he gets £6m just for turning up.

As for the squad;

1.) If you state you pick on form, actually do it. Pick the 23 best players, base it solely on the performances in the league, not 'What they can do' base it on 'What they have done'. A prime example is SWP for Adam Johnson, the former was restricted to from the bench appearances, and even then he lacked the direct nature, and mazy dribbles and long shots that elevated him to the £21m fee Chelsea paid for. Compare him with Jonhson, who attacked his fullback be it top of the league or relegation fodder. He looked comfortable on either flank but better on the difficult left wing, for whom you have tried right footed SWP and Aaron Lennon.

Heskey and Bent is the other obvious inclusion, how you can honestly judge a striker based on the minutes he received against Brazil in a practice match is beyond me. It is almost like you purposefully chose to play him then to make him look bad, thus justifying your choice.

2.) Always look to evolve your formation, and adapt it to play against your opponent. Unless you are beating every team you face 3-0 with great ease, your formation must be willing to change, as sometimes a formation plays into your opponents hands as it did today. Your rigid nature was admirable at first, but it hit the point where it was just stubborn and stupid. Ironically, you may have just witnessed the perfect system in Germany's 4-2-3-1. For the next 2012 Euro's;

Hart

Johnson       Cahill         Ferdinand      Cole

Rodwell      Parker

Rooney

The two sitting midfielders, allow for the lack of pace and provide you cover from the break, they are to sit and play passes to the 3 in front. In many ways it works like a 4-4-2 with Gerrard expected to surge ahead, and move along the width of the pitch, supporting attacks, picking up the ball, making him difficult to mark. Rooney as the spear head is almost the complete forward, as he just can't play with a partner next to him, he is employed purely as a striker, not a Forward, or a No10.

Just a thought Fabio.

I said all the time Parker should have gone to the world cup. I can't understand and will never understand how Capello could play Barry, who was only half-fit, in favour of a Scott Parker who basically kept up West Ham on his own.

Guest firetotheworks

I love Scott Parker, but the future is indeed very dull if we think he should be getting in the England first XI.

Guest Heneage

Parker does something that I noticed today Schweinsteiger does, and it just shows an intelligent player. When faced with a player, and no pass is on, instead of jockeying and trying to go past them, they move back and then maybe sideways, opening space, and thus a pass.

God's a German, he really is.  Not only are they going to get revenge for the goal in '66, they are going to win 5-1.  And with a team that will do nothing in club football.  It's outstanding, it really is.  I don't know how they do it. 

They're superbly organised and excellent on the counter. They thoroughly deserve this, with the exception of the phantom goal. International football has always been about playing as a team rather than relying on excellent individuals, which is why the Germans have always been pretty good.

No question they've deserved it.  But I will never understand how a player like Klose or Podolski can disappear for an entire club season, put on the German shirt and still look like the typical Germanobot superstar.  Every year.  Without fail.  It's outstanding.  No matter what happens in club football, they will find 11 players with German passports that will make the semi-finals. 

Pride.

Half of them aren't even real Germans.  It can't just be pride. 

I feel so dejected right now. We'd been expected to go out anyway, but to go out in the fashion that we did is just extremely gutting.

Throughout all of the pain, all of the spineless performances, the shocking failure to qualify for Euro 2008, I've never felt embarassed to support England like I do right now.

The defending was atrocious, the leadership was non-existent, there was no communication, no ideas, no spirit - they just didn't want to be out there. Rooney was terrible, Gerrard was awful, Terry put in one of the worst performances I think I've seen from him - these are the players that should be stepping up and relishing playing against the likes of Germany.

They weren't much better. Their defending was suspect, their goalkeeper was incredibly dodgy - we had them rattled just before half time. Makes it even more gutting that they made us look like a Sunday league team by not even having to step out of 2nd gear.

I laughed at France and Italy, we're now no better. Every single one of them should be dropped from the Euro 2012 squad and forced to earn their place, because right now they don't even deserve to look at the badge, nevermind wear it.

As for the squad;

Hart

Johnson       Cahill         Ferdinand      Cole

Rodwell      Parker

Rooney

Just a thought Fabio.

just saved  me 5 mins from posting similar. young hungry players that are in form are left behind -cahill, johnson,bent to name 3 and we get heskey, swp, carragher etc instead.

look at the number of caps their players under the age of 25 have compared to ours. our managers are too afraid of the old guard to drop them from squads until they decide to retire themselves.

david28 - do the big German sides who contribute most of the players play the same system as the national team?

Actually not.

Bayern, Cologne and Bremen who basically contribute everything to the offensive system (Müller, Klose, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Özil) play different systems.

Bayern: 4-4-2

Cologne play very very defensive football, sometimes with Podolski as their lone striker.

Bremen play with two strikers.

So with the 4-2-3-1 system - I can't about any "top" club of the Bundesliga who plays with it tbh.

God's a German, he really is.  Not only are they going to get revenge for the goal in '66, they are going to win 5-1.  And with a team that will do nothing in club football.  It's outstanding, it really is.  I don't know how they do it. 

They're superbly organised and excellent on the counter. They thoroughly deserve this, with the exception of the phantom goal. International football has always been about playing as a team rather than relying on excellent individuals, which is why the Germans have always been pretty good.

No question they've deserved it.  But I will never understand how a player like Klose or Podolski can disappear for an entire club season, put on the German shirt and still look like the typical Germanobot superstar.  Every year.  Without fail.  It's outstanding.  No matter what happens in club football, they will find 11 players with German passports that will make the semi-finals. 

Pride.

Half of them aren't even real Germans.  It can't just be pride. 

I don't buy that shit at all, they've lived there most their lives and are 'officially' German and clearly do have pride