The Liverpool Thread

Parky

We talk of deluded Liverpool fans, Its more deluded to think you can let them have your two best players and still outperform them. They have invested heavily in their playing assets while Ashley and his apologists think we can neglect ours.

Dalglish has been given the best chance to come good for the run in with the backing he has been given. If Pardew keeps us above them now it will be nothing short of miraculous as our football has now become pretty dire in recent weeks.

Ashley is to blame for not getting the manager the defenders he needed in January to compliment the excellent Collocini, it makes me feel so let down and it is compounded when you walk up to the Gallowgate staring at the appalling SDA signs.

I hate the man more than ever and can't wait for him to f*** off.

We talk of deluded Liverpool fans, Its more deluded to think you can let them have your two best players and still outperform them. They have invested heavily in their playing assets while Ashley and his apologists think we can neglect ours.

Dalglish has been given the best chance to come good for the run in with the backing he has been given. If Pardew keeps us above them now it will be nothing short of miraculous as our football has now become pretty dire in recent weeks.

Ashley is to blame for not getting the manager the defenders he needed in January to compliment the excellent Collocini, it makes me feel so let down and it is compounded when you walk up to the Gallowgate staring at the appalling SDA signs.

What a fantastically tenuous link for a rant at Ashley in the Liverpool thread. :lol:

"If fourth place was gone we wouldn't be here. You're assuming that it's gone, but we aren't," Dalglish told Sky Sports News HD.

"We will try to get as much as we possibly can from every game that we are in. If we have to play the kids, then we will play the kids, it's not a problem."

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m106i4XZby1qcqhq7.gif

"If fourth place was gone we wouldn't be here. You're assuming that it's gone, but we aren't," Dalglish told Sky Sports News HD.

"We will try to get as much as we possibly can from every game that we are in. If we have to play the kids, then we will play the kids, it's not a problem."

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m106i4XZby1qcqhq7.gif

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

The kids comment is an answer to the SKY interviewer asking him if its time to blood some kids now 4th place has gone, KKK got upperty and that was his sarcastic answer.

Parky needs another point...

Two points tbh:

- A point for losing to QPR and

- Dalglish saying that 4th is still a target.

(Nah, a point will suffice, 2 goal cushion so to speak!)

Once they're mathematically out of the race for 4th then he'll get a goal. That will be 3 seasons off the belt without CL football - their place in the 'SKY 4' will disappear. The money they're spending (wasting) has to come from somewhere and their prolonged failure to compete in Europe can only harm them.

:)

grow up man, Ashley deserves some credit regardless of how irrational your feelings are towards him,  after all it is Ashley who brought you Pardew.  As for the sign, seriously lads, just get over it.  Christ it's like keegan-throw-your toys-out-the-pram-syndrome, "dont like going to St james anymore cus i have to look at the sign" 

:kinnear:

you know sooner or later some credit has to be given to ashley, no ones saying you have to like him but to be complaining about maybe not finishing above Liverpool is a bit odd considering there were some genuine fears we could have ended up in a relegation battle in pre season

Carroll and Enrique were a long way from being our best players.

That is nonsense. Carroll was easily our most important players while he was here last season. Enrique was also consistently in the team and consistently performed at an exceptional level. It is revisionist to say otherwise.

Carroll and Enrique were a long way from being our best players.

That is nonsense. Carroll was easily our most important players while he was here last season. Enrique was also consistently in the team and consistently performed at an exceptional level. It is revisionist to say otherwise.

:thup: Spot on.  Our first choice 11 while both were here was probably Harper/Simpson-Colo-Taylor-Enrique/Barton-Nolan-Tiote-Jonas/Carroll-Ameobi, they were easily 2 of our best players.

I am starting to wonder about Carroll mind, I've almost starting forgetting what a class player he was looking for us.  I was gutted about the transfer and would have taken him back for ages but I'm not sure now.  Just doesn't look very threatening and it's been a long time.

I am starting to wonder about Carroll mind, I've almost starting forgetting what a class player he was looking for us.  I was gutted about the transfer and would have taken him back for ages but I'm not sure now.  Just doesn't look very threatening and it's been a long time.

He was brilliant for a few months like.  Feel kind ambivalent about him now