The Liverpool Thread

Parky

"I think, even though we lost the tie, the football club and players showed they are part of probably the world's greatest football family, here at Liverpool, with atmosphere and what the players put into the game."

:puke:

:undecided:

Robbie Fowler was twisting on last night that the owners dont have the same money as Man City or Chelsea blah blah...Forgetting that king Kenny SPUNKED millions on dross  :lol:

Guest Miguel Piñero

Rodgers will fail at Liverpool, it was step too far too soon for him.

If he'd ever be good enough for a top job at all that is, which he probably wont be.

"I think, even though we lost the tie, the football club and players showed they are part of probably the world's greatest football family, here at Liverpool, with atmosphere and what the players put into the game."

Robbie Fowler was twisting on last night that the owners dont have the same money as Man City or Chelsea blah blah...Forgetting that king Kenny SPUNKED millions on dross  :lol:

Don't forget the £25m spent by Rodgers on Borini and Joe Allen.

well technically he's right, they don't have the money partially because kenny spaffed it on nonsense

Don't forget the £25m spent by Rodgers on Borini and Joe Allen.

Cracks me up when you consider who we signed over Jan for less than that :)

Guest Miguel Piñero

Just absurb over the top spin and jargon and nonsense and psuedo philosophy. I guess the American owners love that stuff.

Guest Miguel Piñero

Well it got him the job in the first place, I thought theyd go for a Deschamps or someone, obviously got seduced by the schtick.

Thought Liverpool were fantastic tonight. They attacked with purpose and speed and caused untold problems. I still detest everything about them, but they're capable of a higher level of football than us for sure.

Capable in what sense?

We have significantly better players than they do imo. If we aren't "capable", that's because of our manager.

Thought Liverpool were fantastic tonight. They attacked with purpose and speed and caused untold problems. I still detest everything about them, but they're capable of a higher level of football than us for sure.

Capable in what sense?

We have significantly better players than they do imo. If we aren't "capable", that's because of our manager.

I don't really know in what sense. In the sense that I've seen them produce it recently, and not us.

We have quality, but I'm not sure we have the same ability to move the ball around quickly and pass and move, and we don't have a player as dangerous as Suarez to provide the cutting edge. As I said in the original post, it might have been partly because they desperately needed goals.

Some of it might be to do with the manager, you're right.

For all their so called purpose, speed and supposedly causing untold problems they didn't really cause Zenit any problems outside of set pieces.

2 of their goals came from free kicks and they looked most dangerous from corners and free kicks.

Philosophy :lol:

Capable in what sense?

The manager is also part of the team, don´t know what you are trying to say?

Ian W :thup:

They can be exciting in attack but multiple times Zenit should have taken advantage and scored a few on break, there was at least one point where it was 2 on 2 and Danny was running into acres of space between Liverpool's CBs and Hulk completely overcooked the pass.

I think it's hard to judge the quality of a team when they're throwing everything forward, they had lots of men forward so looked very good attacking wise, but it was potential defensive suicide and certainly not how they'd usually play.

Liverpool have looked good at times, but think the personnel will always let them down a bit. Rodgers is embarassing in his quotes etc but I don't think he's too bad a manager. Suarez is detestable but also extremely good and he can make their attack very cutting when he's at his best.

I wasn't engaging in unconditional praise of Liverpool and their philosophy BTW, I was just saying I was impressed with their tempo and style against Zenit.

I'm aware of that, i'm just laughing at Rodgers in general the idea of this passing football killing teams when in fact it was set pieces which what meant Liverpool got close to making a come back.

You couldn't make it up.