The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Also, if they sell him I wish they'd sell him to a non-PL team so I'd not have to hear about that c*** on a regular basis.

hmm don't know like. it would be funny to watch the scouse volte face happen in public.

Also, if they sell him I wish they'd sell him to a non-PL team so I'd not have to hear about that c*** on a regular basis.

hmm don't know like. it would be funny to watch the scouse volte face happen in public.

They'd get over him leaving the Country, going to Arsenal would break them.

"We have a standard at Liverpool that I will fight for my life to retain," he said. "There will never be any player or person bigger than the club.

"In terms of the remarks that were made, this is a football club that has always worked in a certain way.

"The Liverpool Way is all about a club with ambition, a club that strives to be the very best, a club that is about commitment. That means that everyone is committed to the cause of fighting for the shirt.

"It's also about dignity and being dignified in how you speak about the club, on and off the field, and it's about unity.

"Those are the four values that run through my mind when I think about Liverpool. Those are the values we will always retain. If anyone steps outside of that standard, I will deal with it. That's something that we'll do."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"We have a standard at Liverpool that I will fight for my life to retain," he said. "There will never be any player or person bigger than the club.

"In terms of the remarks that were made, this is a football club that has always worked in a certain way.

"The Liverpool Way is all about a club with ambition, a club that strives to be the very best, a club that is about commitment. That means that everyone is committed to the cause of fighting for the shirt.

"It's also about dignity and being dignified in how you speak about the club, on and off the field, and it's about unity.

"Those are the four values that run through my mind when I think about Liverpool. Those are the values we will always retain. If anyone steps outside of that standard, I will deal with it. That's something that we'll do."

so much vomit induced

It's so obvious that Liverpool themselves haven't exactly been classy by sneaking in an ambiguous clause. It will be interesting to see the tricks Suarez will do to get his move. He's virtually an indispensable in the Uruguay squad anyway so his place to Brazil is guaranteed no matter what happens. Reckon Liverpool will eventually be forced to sell him to a club outside the PL, maybe Real.

Rodgers has totally been brainwashed in the Liverpool wayTM. Has he by any chance opened those 3 envelopes yet? :lol:

Hopefully this will develop into a Tevez-like situation. :cool:

Given his disciplinary record, there is no way he's worth more than 40M anyway. His reputation means he'll get the book thrown at him for all the things he does and he's not likely to win a penalty for any marginal foul in the box. Comparisons with the Torres fee are meaningless because we all know, because Liverpool have told us enough times, that that was Carroll plus 15M, not anything to do with Torres market value.

Makes it sound like a fucking cult.

Makes it sound like a f***ing cult.

It is. They believe in their entitlement bollocks down to the core. Yes they are a massively supported club worldwide but that's because of their past success. Their relative failure in recent times is never down to them as a club. It's always external factors such as Alex Ferguson, the FA, Howard Webb etc..

Makes for nauseating reading that article above.

Guest Roger Kint

Was a fan on the radio yesterday still playing the 'media picking on him because he is foreign' card, its frightening how delusional these people are  :lol:

Nah i want him to sign for another PL team.  Just so he can ram it down Liverpools neck.  Lashing in a couple of specials at the kop end.  Hilarious.

I admit that would be satisfying, but he ruins MOTD every week. Even more so than Mark Lawrenson.

If Suarez had been an ordinary player, Liverpool would have got rid of him long ago. They stuck by him not as a favour to him, but as a favour to themselves, and in the process they themselves did nothing to enhance the good name of their club.

I can understand them wanting to keep Suarez, and their need to put up a battle, but they really need to climb down off their high horse.

I reckon we'll sell him alright. We're just after a higher bid.

Got to make back the Carroll money somehow :(

Carroll

Bought for 35m

Sold for 17m

Net -18m

Suarez

Bought for 22m

Sell for 40m

Net +18m

There, you've made back your Carroll money.

Even if you get a higher bid, how are you going to replace him with a player of similar quality, unless you're in the Champions League.

They should at least be able to get a player who isn't constantly banned, the next incident (which will happen) is going to incur a ridiculous ban if he stays in England. Isn't he already going to miss the first 7 games or something?

Carroll

Bought for 35m

Sold for 17m

Net -18m

Suarez

Bought for 22m

Sell for 40m

Net +18m

There, you've made back your Carroll money.

No, wait a minute! We'll get 40m + £1 for Suarez.

We're ahead!

Even if you get a higher bid, how are you going to replace him with a player of similar quality, unless you're in the Champions League.

We weren't in the CL when we signed Suarez …