The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Man, I think Defoe and Ba working together would shit all over most teams. Would send Spurs Shola for Defoe and Gio.

Who would you drop from our first XI to fit in Defoe? At the moment we're struggling to accommodate Ben Arfa, why try and fit in a second rate player?

EDIT: oh, wait, are you :fishing: ?

Does Dogleash not want to try playing or utilising the strikers he has before trying to solve the problem by buying more? Or does he think it's like equipment in RPG games and Defoe just being at the club gives a buff of + 10 Attack, even if he's sat on the bench?

Guest neesy111

Defoe is still one of the best finishers in this league and possibly europe.  His overall game has not developed as I thought it might mind.

Adidas AG (ADS) declined to renew its apparel deal with 18-time English soccer champion Liverpool because the price was too high given the team’s poor performance, the chief executive officer of the world’s second- biggest sporting goods maker said today.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-16/liverpool-s-on-field-performance-didn-t-warrant-price-adidas-head-says.html

Guest bimpy474

Strange. I would have thought that Liverpool's ability to sell merchandising would have been as strong as ever - especially in the far east.

Not when you are massive racist :D

Strange. I would have thought that Liverpool's ability to sell merchandising would have been as strong as ever - especially in the far east.

Gutted to lose the three stripes, but as we've "replaced Adidas with a club record, 6-year, 25 million pound ($38.3 million) contract with Warrior Sports", fuck it.

IIRC, Adidas came in 2006 when we were European champions. It's understandable that they weren't willing to pay the same price.