The Liverpool Thread

Parky

MARK BRIGHT, BBC LONDON

1 Liverpool 2 Man Utd 3 Man City 4 Arsenal

"Liverpool finished 22 points behind United last season but only Sir Alex Ferguson amassed more points than Kenny Dalglish since the 'king' took over from Roy Hodgson.

"Why will they win it? The Reds have four players who could grace any team in the Premier League: Pepe Reina, Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll, then add to the mix promising youngsters like John Flanagan, new faces like Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing plus team spirit, desire and 21 years of hurt."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14388154.stm

Lolro>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bright

MARK BRIGHT, BBC LONDON

"Liverpool finished 22 points behind United last season but only Sir Alex Ferguson amassed more points than Kenny Dalglish since the 'king' took over from Roy Hodgson.

"Why will they win it? The Reds have four players who could grace any team in the Premier League: Pepe Reina, Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll, then add to the mix promising youngsters like John Flanagan, new faces like Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing plus team spirit, desire and 21 years of hurt."

Lolro>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bright

Fucking hell. Mark Bright must have been high when he wrote/said that!

Pheeny-Suarez is basically Hitler.

Really? I've always found him to be a level-headed, down-to-earth and all-round decent bloke. I only chat with him in the cycling thread, though.

The amount of locked threads and bans on RAWK.  :lol:

I'm half expecting someone to read what I've written on here and ban me from RAWK …

I'd be right proper fucking gutted if it were Pheeny, though :(

MARK BRIGHT, BBC LONDON

Lolro>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bright

:lol: Wow.

MARK BRIGHT, BBC LONDON

Lolro>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bright

brave. sometimes these pundits/journos will go out on one to be different and if it pays off they look great (james lawton had us down to be relegated this season)

Still maintain Dalglish will escape any sort of blame for their (relatively) dismal form. His position and stature at that football club makes him bulletproof and he'll continue to pass the buck and point the finger like he has tonight  until there's no-one else to blame. Then he'll fall on his sword and resign.....and they'll commend him for his bravery and honesty.

Almost feel sorry for the poor twat who will have to sort out the mess he's walking away from.   

Showed his win % earlier on ESPN and it's still nearly 60% (first and second spells), that's obscenely good given he's had 300 odd games in charge. No chance they'll turn, if they keep doing shit they've an excuse already for this season and they're still liable to win a cup, same next season and he'll just call it a day.

MARK BRIGHT, BBC LONDON

Lolro>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bright

"poor"

Hardly anything to smile about, like.

I've done a complete 180 on Daglish. The man's an abhorent, dispicable old coward.

what were your initial thoughts ? were they about him in general or just him going back to liverpool ?

I quite liked him.

here ? on joining them ? in general ?

i always thought he was given a bad time here and was just starting to pull it round, the idea "he destroyed keegans team that only needed tinkering with" was mindless pap, i liked the way he treat the press with cagey media calls, most of thaqt at his various clubs....however since going back to liverpool i've come to really dislike him, his attitude is more bunkered and sneering and i wish him, professionally, all the ill in the world.

He is utter fucking shite.

Sorry if you don't want to hear that. I don't get any pleasure out of saying it, despite what some of you might think. It isn't fun to have to watch someone who, quite clearly, isn't good enough jog around the pitch wearing our number 9 shirt, knowing that they're the eighth most expensive signing of all time and watching the pathetic half-arsed bollocks they think is good enough week after week. He's been here a year and you can literally count the number of good performances from him on one hand and still have spare fingers.

He just ambles around the pitch, makes a run maybe once or twice in the entire game, wins a couple of flick-ons, a header on target maybe once every 3 or 4 games, misses more than he scores, and in general just looks like a fucking lazy scruffy useless bag of shite. I've seen him bust a gut to get in to a scoring position two or three times in his entire time here, when he should be doing it every game. He didn't do it AT ALL today, not once. And don't give me the "it's not his game" crap, he's just not arsed. He doesn't want to get forward at every opportunity, he doesn't look like a striker or even a player. You see other strikers at other clubs absolutely dying to get on the end of chances, screaming for the ball to be played as they get forward at speed. When have you EVER seen him do that?

You can say "he's only 22" until you're blue in the face if you like, I don't care. Being 22 doesn't excuse the lack of effort. Being 22 doesn't excuse the look of a bloke who's just not fucking arsed. Being 22 doesn't excuse the fact that he's a Liverpool player now, and there's a certain degree of work that fans expect the club's players to get through if they're not scoring goals. He does neither. You could excuse him if he did. For years Dirk Kuyt has built up a cult following and admiration based almost entirely on his work rate. What he lacked in goals he made up for in effort. He's stayed a fans favourite (up until this season at least) with the majority of the fanbase because he puts in a fucking shift when he plays. Andy Carroll is embarrassing in comparison.

Another example - Craig Bellamy. TEN YEARS his senior, with dodgy knees to boot, gets up and down that pitch like there's no fucking tomorrow. He's all over the place, buzzing around, harrassing, making runs, screaming for the ball, taking chances. Andy Carroll, 22, is 30 yards behind most of the time, jogging. One of these cost the club £35m, the other £0. If I were Andy Carroll watching Craig Bellamy in training and out there on the pitch I'd feel fucking ashamed.

The fee - not his fault. No, that was the fault of whichever maniac thought it would be a good idea to say "Hey everyone, watch what we can do with our new owners!" and buy an average striker from his hometown club (which played a factor in how well he did for them, I don't give a shit if you want to disagree) for an obscene amount of money. A striker who had half a season in the premier league after a decent one at a lower level. Well done. Incredible business there. Excellent. Moneyball this, moneyball that - how about we play Lazyball? Or Overweightball? The guy looks in terrible shape and has done since the day we bought him. This is someone the club chose to sign for a club record fee, someone who (whether he likes it or not) is now the figurehead of our attack, drawing glances from the rest of the world, jogging about looking unfit and unarsed, scruffy as fuck and not scoring or bothering. Notarsedball.

He's been shocking. Truly truly shocking. And it amazes me just how often you'll read "I thought he had a good game today" on here after another one of these performances. I'm guessing you're basing that on a flick-on, or a header, or a pass? Great. What lofty goals we set ourselves nowadays. You'll forgive me if I don't care that a £35m player won a header in a game. In the same breath you'll say that we're missing Suarez, missing his energy, his passion, his workrate, his goals, and yet completely fail to realise that those things should be required from ALL our strikers (and players for that matter), not just him. You'll defend Andy Carroll, but at the same time you're admitting he's shite every time you say we need Suarez back.

I'm not arsed whether people agree with me or not. You have your say, I'll have mine. For me, he's absolutey without question THE biggest waste of money this club has ever seen, and I genuinely hope he isn't here next season.

Boom: The shit hits the fan.

He is utter f***ing s****.

Sorry if you don't want to hear that. I don't get any pleasure out of saying it, despite what some of you might think. It isn't fun to have to watch someone who, quite clearly, isn't good enough jog around the pitch wearing our number 9 shirt, knowing that they're the eighth most expensive signing of all time and watching the pathetic half-arsed bollocks they think is good enough week after week. He's been here a year and you can literally count the number of good performances from him on one hand and still have spare fingers.

He just ambles around the pitch, makes a run maybe once or twice in the entire game, wins a couple of flick-ons, a header on target maybe once every 3 or 4 games, misses more than he scores, and in general just looks like a f***ing lazy scruffy useless bag of s****. I've seen him bust a gut to get in to a scoring position two or three times in his entire time here, when he should be doing it every game. He didn't do it AT ALL today, not once. And don't give me the "it's not his game" crap, he's just not arsed. He doesn't want to get forward at every opportunity, he doesn't look like a striker or even a player. You see other strikers at other clubs absolutely dying to get on the end of chances, screaming for the ball to be played as they get forward at speed. When have you EVER seen him do that?

You can say "he's only 22" until you're blue in the face if you like, I don't care. Being 22 doesn't excuse the lack of effort. Being 22 doesn't excuse the look of a bloke who's just not f***ing arsed. Being 22 doesn't excuse the fact that he's a Liverpool player now, and there's a certain degree of work that fans expect the club's players to get through if they're not scoring goals. He does neither. You could excuse him if he did. For years Dirk Kuyt has built up a cult following and admiration based almost entirely on his work rate. What he lacked in goals he made up for in effort. He's stayed a fans favourite (up until this season at least) with the majority of the fanbase because he puts in a f***ing shift when he plays. Andy Carroll is embarrassing in comparison.

Another example - Craig Bellamy. TEN YEARS his senior, with dodgy knees to boot, gets up and down that pitch like there's no f***ing tomorrow. He's all over the place, buzzing around, harrassing, making runs, screaming for the ball, taking chances. Andy Carroll, 22, is 30 yards behind most of the time, jogging. One of these cost the club £35m, the other £0. If I were Andy Carroll watching Craig Bellamy in training and out there on the pitch I'd feel f***ing ashamed.

The fee - not his fault. No, that was the fault of whichever maniac thought it would be a good idea to say "Hey everyone, watch what we can do with our new owners!" and buy an average striker from his hometown club (which played a factor in how well he did for them, I don't give a s*** if you want to disagree) for an obscene amount of money. A striker who had half a season in the premier league after a decent one at a lower level. Well done. Incredible business there. Excellent. Moneyball this, moneyball that - how about we play Lazyball? Or Overweightball? The guy looks in terrible shape and has done since the day we bought him. This is someone the club chose to sign for a club record fee, someone who (whether he likes it or not) is now the figurehead of our attack, drawing glances from the rest of the world, jogging about looking unfit and unarsed, scruffy as f*** and not scoring or bothering. Notarsedball.

He's been shocking. Truly truly shocking. And it amazes me just how often you'll read "I thought he had a good game today" on here after another one of these performances. I'm guessing you're basing that on a flick-on, or a header, or a pass? Great. What lofty goals we set ourselves nowadays. You'll forgive me if I don't care that a £35m player won a header in a game. In the same breath you'll say that we're missing Suarez, missing his energy, his passion, his workrate, his goals, and yet completely fail to realise that those things should be required from ALL our strikers (and players for that matter), not just him. You'll defend Andy Carroll, but at the same time you're admitting he's s**** every time you say we need Suarez back.

I'm not arsed whether people agree with me or not. You have your say, I'll have mine. For me, he's absolutey without question THE biggest waste of money this club has ever seen, and I genuinely hope he isn't here next season.

Boom: The s*** hits the fan.

unfortunatly can't blame king kenny for that signing, lest he get banned.