The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest Geordiesned

ESPN advert just on for Liverpool v Bolton match at weekend.

"After 2 seasons of Euro disappointment, can Dalglish help put the Reds back where they belong?"

Fuck off you twats!

ESPN advert just on for Liverpool v Bolton match at weekend.

"After 2 seasons of Euro disappointment, can Dalglish help put the Reds back where they belong?"

Fuck off you twats!

:)

"European football without Liverpool is like a banquet without wine."

(There'll be no drunken Scousers.)

Warrior Sports are a part of New Balance IIRC. Apparently they're a decent Lacrosse and Hockey brand. I think they're gonna be a few steps up from Macron/Joma I'm afraid.

As long as it's not Lonsdale.

Warrior Sports are a part of New Balance IIRC. Apparently they're a decent Lacrosse and Hockey brand. I think they're gonna be a few steps up from Macron/Joma I'm afraid.

Apparently their headquarters is a little bit north of my home in Michigan. Never heard of them at all, probably something to do with never playing hockey or lacrosse.

There is a thread on RAWK entitled "An Open Letter To The Media And Those Using Our Club As Political Capital."

It consists of an OP of thousands of words of total s**** about Suarez and conspiracies, followed by about 100 posts congratulating the OP on a fantastic post. On the 4th page however there is this quite amusing post:

I forwarded a copy of the OP to Patrick Collins from the Mail on Sunday accusing him of taking an anti LFC pro MUFC stance in his recent articles about Suarez .  I asked him to read the piece which I hoped would change his mind.  Some hope.

This is his reply

Thank  you for your message. I did actually read it all the way through, becoming more depressed with every line.

I shan’t go through all the issues raised by the Suarez case, since the FA commission did that with remarkable diligence and intellectual rigour. Having read the report three times, it amazes me that even the most one – eyed Liverpool supporter could quarrel with its conclusions.

What really depresses me are the trite assumptions made by those who seek to defend the indefensible. Why do you assume that I am “pro – Manchester United’?  Absolute nonsense. And why assume that I am anti – Liverpool, when I have had decades of association with the club, going back to Bill Shankly. As a young reporter I used to write a weekly column with Bill and would meet him for a cup of tea and a football education whenever Liverpool were in London. The idea that I could be prejudiced against such a club is actually offensive.

As I say, I don’t want to make all the obvious points. I think the club has let itself down badly over the past few weeks. I think the arrogant and ill – founded support of Suarez has reflected badly on the club and its manager. I think that your condemnation of the FA’s part in the process is simply ridiculous, as is your confident assertion that Suarez would succeed in an action for defamation. You really haven’t a legal clue, have you?

Why do you, and so many of your fellow fans, believe that the rest of the country is anti – Liverpool? Why should those of us who live in London, say, feel any inclination to favour United, or anyone else, above Liverpool? Why do you so avidly seek the role of victim? And why do you prattle about “rent – a – quote anti – racism activists’, when you refer to people who appear  more measured, more civilised than you? It’s really quite worrying for the rest of us.

Anyway, I have wasted too much time on this frivolous matter. I am pleased that justice has been done and I hope that the club and its manager will slowly start to see sense.

Best of luck with the Dalglish Day, by the way. Perhaps you might have a T – shirt printed?

Yours,

Patrick Collins

There is a thread on RAWK entitled "An Open Letter To The Media And Those Using Our Club As Political Capital."

It consists of an OP of thousands of words of total s**** about Suarez and conspiracies, followed by about 100 posts congratulating the OP on a fantastic post. On the 4th page however there is this quite amusing post:

I forwarded a copy of the OP to Patrick Collins from the Mail on Sunday accusing him of taking an anti LFC pro MUFC stance in his recent articles about Suarez .  I asked him to read the piece which I hoped would change his mind.  Some hope.

This is his reply

Thank  you for your message. I did actually read it all the way through, becoming more depressed with every line.

I shan’t go through all the issues raised by the Suarez case, since the FA commission did that with remarkable diligence and intellectual rigour. Having read the report three times, it amazes me that even the most one – eyed Liverpool supporter could quarrel with its conclusions.

What really depresses me are the trite assumptions made by those who seek to defend the indefensible. Why do you assume that I am “pro – Manchester United’?  Absolute nonsense. And why assume that I am anti – Liverpool, when I have had decades of association with the club, going back to Bill Shankly. As a young reporter I used to write a weekly column with Bill and would meet him for a cup of tea and a football education whenever Liverpool were in London. The idea that I could be prejudiced against such a club is actually offensive.

As I say, I don’t want to make all the obvious points. I think the club has let itself down badly over the past few weeks. I think the arrogant and ill – founded support of Suarez has reflected badly on the club and its manager. I think that your condemnation of the FA’s part in the process is simply ridiculous, as is your confident assertion that Suarez would succeed in an action for defamation. You really haven’t a legal clue, have you?

Why do you, and so many of your fellow fans, believe that the rest of the country is anti – Liverpool? Why should those of us who live in London, say, feel any inclination to favour United, or anyone else, above Liverpool? Why do you so avidly seek the role of victim? And why do you prattle about “rent – a – quote anti – racism activists’, when you refer to people who appear  more measured, more civilised than you? It’s really quite worrying for the rest of us.

Anyway, I have wasted too much time on this frivolous matter. I am pleased that justice has been done and I hope that the club and its manager will slowly start to see sense.

Best of luck with the Dalglish Day, by the way. Perhaps you might have a T – shirt printed?

Yours,

Patrick Collins

Other than the fact that the dude cannot use hyphens correctly, it's spot on.

And yet, if you go through the report with the assumption that everything Suarez says is true (which is pretty hard—he contradicts himself repeatedly, and says things that his own mother probably wouldn't believe), you will end up with the conclusion that he was stitched up.

It boggles my mind that the self-same people who were calling for him to be hanged after his handball at the World Cup could now believe that butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, apparently just because he's now got a red shirt on.

I wish they'd just fucking shut up about it. It's embarrassing.

Why do you so avidly seek the role of victim?

Patrick Collins

and there's more... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16642381

How's she gonna prove he was alive after 16:00?

That's an over-simplification.

Essentially, she did the detective work that the police didn't do, hunting down the people that carried him off the pitch and the policemen who resuscitated him, all of whom stated he was alive. Pathologists she consulted said that the given cause of death—traumatic asphyxia—was patently wrong. He had several fractures in his neck, which over time, would have caused swelling that would have stopped him breathing. It's possible that had he received proper medical treatment (a tracheotomy), he might have survived. He might have died, anyway, but the fact remains that he didn't receive the treatment that might have saved his life, and the initial verdict was a half-arsed whitewash.

On the one hand, you can understand that a coroner faced with 96 dead bodies could not reasonably carry out a thorough autopsy on all of them, and had to cut some corners, but on the other hand, you can also understand that a bullshit autopsy and corner cutting are utterly unacceptable to a mother who lost her son.

There seems to be little doubt that she has a reasonable case, and I think it's understandable that she wants/needs closure on the matter. And I personally think it's terrible that it's taken over 20 years for the state to finally get around to trying to do the job properly, and only motivated to do so by a petition with over 100,000 signatures, particularly when she has had expert testimony contradicting the coroner's verdict for many years.