The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Good effort Chubby, but it'll have be a 'try harder next time'

I wasn't trying anything, I just didn't understand what you were going on about.

Was a meal-related metaphor,basically just said same again next season,worse if possible and that I hope Suarez leaves.

from a mackem

Your fans were Shite yesterday, yous never sung 1 single song, just to rub salt in the wound, man utd are best away fans I've Sean at SOL in recent years. There showing yous rite up in every deprtment. Hahaha.

MONS red n white army. Ftm!

Sack dagliesh n get big fat geordie Bruce in, (he'll sort the job)

:serious:

I am Jack's utter lack of surprise.

Guest Chubby Jason

I wasn't trying anything, I just didn't understand what you were going on about.

Was a meal-related metaphor,basically just said same again next season,worse if possible and that I hope Suarez leaves.

I still think they're a goal scorer away from finishing in the top 4. It's still inexcusable that the goal-scorer they signed cost £35 million and has been an absolute failure.

from a mackem

Your fans were Shite yesterday, yous never sung 1 single song, just to rub salt in the wound, man utd are best away fans I've Sean at SOL in recent years. There showing yous rite up in every deprtment. Hahaha.

MONS red n white army. Ftm!

Sack dagliesh n get big fat geordie Bruce in, (he'll sort the job)

:serious:

Seriously it's ridiculous :lol:

I imagine every goal/win/penalty save during one of their games is mass uproar of "GET THE FUCK IN, FUCK THE MAGS!!!!!".

I still think they're a goal scorer away from finishing in the top 4. It's still inexcusable that the goal-scorer they signed cost £35 million and has been an absolute failure.

the one they signed for 22m doesn't exactly hammer them in either mind does he?

Everton will go above them if they beat them on Tuesday  :yao:

Would fucking love it if we beat them (!) but honestly can't see it. No matter what form we have going into the derby at Anfield, we just don't do the business.

5 - If the Premier League had started on January 1, the bottom three would be QPR, Liverpool and Wolves, all with five points. Toil.

Lawro would have a mental breakdown.

:lol:

Everton will go above them if they beat them on Tuesday  :yao:

Would fucking love it if we beat them (!) but honestly can't see it. No matter what form we have going into the derby at Anfield, we just don't do the business.

Swap the word derby with game and that's us :lol: :okay:

Yep, he has completely lost it. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/12/kenny-dalglish-kit-deals-liverpool

Kenny Dalglish has launched an impassioned defence of his record at Liverpool, claiming he should not be judged by the club's league position alone and that kit deals are as important as victories.

Despite his success in bringing Liverpool their first trophy in six years in the shape of the Carling Cup, Dalglish goes into Tuesday's Merseyside derby facing greater questioning than at any time since his return to Anfield 14 months ago. Liverpool have won only two of their past 11 league games and, should they lose to Everton, they will find themselves below David Moyes's side.

Dalglish, who in his first stint at Anfield lived by the maxim that first is first, second is nowhere, argued that he should be judged by his impact at Liverpool on and off the field. His eventual aim, he said, was to restore the old values to Anfield.

"The club is now where it was before – each one for each one, everybody in it together," said the Liverpool manager. "There are many ways you can judge a season and the best way is progress at the football club as a whole. I don't think it necessarily relates to trophies or points.

"You can measure it by how the club has progressed and where it is, from the first team to the kids. Off the pitch, especially, the club is a lot stronger than what it was. You go off the pitch and see how much money we are getting through sponsorship and kit deals [the club signed a deal with US-based Warrior Sports in January worth a potential £300m over six years].

"You look at the academy and see how much better it is. You look around here [at Melwood] and most of the people have got a smile on their faces now. The squad is stronger than it was last year. What other areas are there to improve on – apart from points?"

Dalglish used the three Liverpool dropped at home to Arsenal in a match they dominated as a case study, although he was unimpressed by Arsène Wenger's claim that Luis Suárez dived to win a penalty that was missed by Dirk Kuyt, and called on the FA to investigate the Arsenal manager's comments.

"He never said that to me," Dalglish said. "He [Wenger] said it was a fantastic performance by us and that they were fortunate to win. I am sure the FA will look into that and take him to task for it. If you can't comment on the position of England manager, then you can't comment on someone else's player, can you?"

The question of whether Suárez remains on Merseyside, despite the sometimes self-defeating uncritical support Liverpool have given their striker over the Patrice Evra affair, may cast a shadow as the season climaxes. Dalglish dismissed Suárez's comments that he would "love to play alongside Diego Lugano" at Paris St-Germain.

Suárez may just have been responding politely to a question on French television. However, under Qatari ownership, PSG can offer the Uruguayan a massive salary and the near certainty of playing in the Champions League. At Liverpool that may be a long time coming.