The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest neesy111

@StanCollymore 

Get in. #avfc

Is he not supposed to be a Liverpool man? :lol:

Nah, he was brought up as a Villa fan hence why he joined them from Liverpool.

@StanCollymore 

Get in. #avfc

I'm sure he never just joined them because of that like.

Guest neesy111

@StanCollymore 

Get in. #avfc

Said his boyhood dream was to play for Aston Villa.

@StanCollymore 

Get in. #avfc

see Robbie Keane and every club he's ever played for.

Are they not allowed match threads on RAWK? :lol:

Nope. There's now a read-only commentary thread during games. Officially:

The size and popularity of the site means the previous method of a free-for-all open topic is no longer manageable.

No idea whether it's down to the server getting overloaded or there being too many posts for the mods to keep up. Possibly a bit of both.

RAWK's a much bigger forum than this one, so match threads get longer much more quickly and the server is under heavy load much more often.

Also, I'd imagine that match threads these days would be very much of the broken record variety. The moaning is bad at the best of times.

Tbf it's bad enough on here in terms of the server load. When we migrated from the Hungarian webhost (to the one before this one) we had the new chaps have a look at why we were still going down on matchdays and they were amazed at how we were using it. Not what SMF is designed for in the slightest. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Tbf it's bad enough on here in terms of the server load. When we migrated from the Hungarian webhost (to the one before this one) we had the new chaps have a look at why we were still going down on matchdays and they were amazed at how we were using it. Not what SMF is designed for in the slightest. :lol:

How are you now for capacity etc?

How are you now for capacity etc?

Not too bad.

The size and popularity of the site means the previous method of a free-for-all open topic is no longer manageable.

No idea whether it's down to the server getting overloaded or there being too many posts for the mods to keep up. Possibly a bit of both.

RAWK's a much bigger forum than this one, so match threads get longer much more quickly and the server is under heavy load much more often.

Also, I'd imagine that match threads these days would be very much of the broken record variety. The moaning is bad at the best of times.

Yeah but I can't even see the read-only match thread?

@StanCollymore 

Get in. #avfc

And+

Really. A proper chatroom would be much better suited to live matchday threads than forum software.

Seems to be coping just fine, though. The RAWK "new replies" page is down a lot, even at 4 a.m. Can't remember the last time it didn't load on here.

Yeah but I can't even see the read-only match thread?

Today's thread is here. Dunno if it's for registered users only, mind.

Not much schadenfreude to be had in there, though. The commentary is usually drier than, say, the Guardian's.

They are going to lose the semi-final aren't they?

Agger being fit again is huge for them - they defend much better when he plays.

Yeah, I really hope they do win. It would just be our luck to lose it by no fault of our own.