The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Hoping that Klopp stays true to his word, and stays at Dortmund. He's a superb devoloper of talent. With the right cattle on board he'd revitalise the fortunes of either Liverpool & Chelsea.

Not only that. Look at what a TEAM Dortmund is. Full of individual brilliance, yet they work so hard and have no big ego that runs the show. The way they've overcome the loss of Nuri Sahin makes me believe they'll have no problem overcoming the loss of Kagawa. Also, Klopp seems to love the club thoroughly. One of the brightest stories in European football over the recent years, that club.

Hansen is making himself look a fool there, it was clear Dalglish was clueless. I guess he has to write stuff to provoke a reaction (if he even writes it).

devil's advocate time:  was he that clueless on the pitch?  his signings were poor for the money and didn't give enough back but they were defensively sound the entire season, had they had a top class striker (15+ goals) their season would have been entirely different let's be honest

certainly not saying he way great, modern, progressive or anything like that but perhaps in football terms he wasn't quite as bad as is being made out

just me then?

Not just you. I have argued before they played some good football and finishing off the chances has been their stumbling block this season, despite investing nearly 70 million in their strikeforce in the past 18 months. Long may it continue..

Tbh, given the money they allowed him to spend and the fact they were in Europe for next season, they really should have stuck with him. It's not like they were bottom half of the table. Managers get so little time in these days. Not saying he would have got it right (obviously hoping he relegated them..) but, he should have been given longer to turn it around.

Tbh, given the money they allowed him to spend and the fact they were in Europe for next season, they really should have stuck with him. It's not like they were bottom half of the table. Managers get so little time in these days. Not saying he would have got it right (obviously hoping he relegated them..) but, he should have been given longer to turn it around.

Aye, I'm inclined to agree. As much as they've had a disappointing season, getting a new manager in, as well as a new DoF, means they are effectively writing off a large part of the investment they have made into their squad as the new manager will want to bring in his own players. Unless they are prepared to invest a seriously big amount of money again there is every chance that the change they're making will not be for the better.

Talksport this morning:

John Barnes - Liverpool will be in the champions league next year.

Clive Tyldesley - Liverpool would be a step up for Alan Pardew.

It's no wonder Liverpool fans are entrenched in this fictitious belief that they 'belong' amongst the best, when these aged media crocks are peddling out the same bullshit. Fucking cringeworthy.

Talksport this morning:

It's no wonder Liverpool fans are entrenched in this fictitious belief that they 'belong' amongst the best, when these aged media crocks are peddling out the same bullshit. Fucking cringeworthy.

The worst bit was when they were saying there should be an impartial body that could advise clubs on how to appoint a decent manager.  Presumably this body would serve Liverpool and every other club.  Not every club can get everything they want you know, unless you extend the Premier League to 40 teams, scrap relegation and give out 10 Champions League places every season.  Poor Liverpool, they don't know who to appoint as their own manager and they might get it wrong and fail to get in the Champions League again.

Talksport this morning:

It's no wonder Liverpool fans are entrenched in this fictitious belief that they 'belong' amongst the best, when these aged media crocks are peddling out the same bullshit. f***ing cringeworthy.

The worst bit was when they were saying there should be an impartial body that could advise clubs on how to appoint a decent manager.  Presumably this body would serve Liverpool and every other club.  Not every club can get everything they want you know, unless you extend the Premier League to 40 teams, scrap relegation and give out 10 Champions League places every season.  Poor Liverpool, they don't know who to appoint as their own manager and they might get it wrong and fail to get in the Champions League again.

Is this real life??  :mike:

Never cease to totes amazeballs me these scouse apologists

Talksport this morning:

It's no wonder Liverpool fans are entrenched in this fictitious belief that they 'belong' amongst the best, when these aged media crocks are peddling out the same bullshit. f***ing cringeworthy.

Rightio John. Just like they were this season and last..

Aye i cringed when Tyldesley said that. If he steps away from this bubble of delusion he'll see that we have a lot more going for us at the minute.

Having said that, i'll be happy if they appoint someone soon. I know Pardew wont go, but the rumblings of a Ashley/Llambias fallout and AP's small wage have made me slightly nervous.

Talksport this morning:

Is this real life??  :mike:

Never cease to totes amazeballs me these scouse apologists

:lol: Yeah it was amazeballs, totes.  They all seemed to be in agreement as well, daft cunts.

Yeah, I think it depends how much money he'd have to spend and whether they'd let him implement everything that he has done here.

Still think he'd stay, even if he did see it as upwards step.  That's a big mess to sort out and he's just building something at Newcastle.  It's not really like when Hodgson left Fulham and he'd realistically achieved as much as he could.

Guest BooBoo

Was browsing on YouTube before some of KKK's interviews.

What an utterly repugnant man, utterly smug in the misguided belief that he's always the most intelligent man in the room. His arrogance is astounding and despite the scouse blindness to his faults, he was a desperate representative of Liverpool FC.

strange that the liverpool hierarchy have issued a statement saying that they want the next manager to be in place for 4 to 5 years. you'd think they'd want the next man to be in the job till he retires through old age.

strange that the liverpool hierarchy have issued a statement saying that they want the next manager to be in place for 4 to 5 years. you'd think they'd want the next man to be in the job till he retires through old age.

I reckon that's a "we're going for a young manager" message.

Which means the likes of Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers etc. To me, makes perfect sense - both for Liverpool and Villa to look there.

To your average Liverpool fan, who still thinks they've got the stature they had in the 1980s, that's disgraceful.