The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Giggs?

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 26m

Liverpool appoint Kenny Dalglish to club's board as Non-Executive Director #SSN

king kunty has run into money problems again so they need to help him out

Arsenal aside they've played the best football by a mile this season.

They were pretty lucky against Stoke, the game at Villa they had 5 shots compared to Villa's 17. Man Utd was good, then they dropped 5 points they should be picking up if they're serious about a top 4 challenge, before beating the worst team in the league.

Inconsistent though, they seem to struggle to keep it up for more than 45 mins in my experience.

I do agree mind, outside of them two the standard of passing football is pretty dire to say the least.

They were pretty lucky against Stoke, the game at Villa they had 5 shots compared to Villa's 17. Man Utd was good, then they dropped 5 points they should be picking up if they're serious about a top 4 challenge, before beating the worst team in the league.

Stats are stats but with my eyes they've been good when I've seen them plus now they've welcomed back the on the form player in league thanks to Mata and v.Persie being below par/ruined.

Dalglish has a role at their club.

On par with Kinnear.

If you really think that you know nowt about either club.

Dogleash is an absolute legend and icon as a player and a manager at LFC, JFK is what to us again? Come on man, even if you are just trying to compare their ability as a footballing asset to each club right now there is absolutely no comparison. Dogleash is widely respected at the club, with the fans, last time out won a cup, bigs the club up, understands it inside out, JFK does what to us again?

On par with Kinnear.

Dogleash is an absolute legend and icon as a player and a manager at LFC, JFK is what to us again? Come on man, even if you are just trying to compare their ability as a footballing asset to each club right now there is absolutely no comparison. Dogleash is widely respected at the club, with the fans, last time out won a cup, bigs the club up, understands it inside out, JFK does what to us again?

Couldn't agree more.

Guest bimpy474

On par with Kinnear.

Couldn't agree more.

Seconded.

Next 4 league games are Swansea (A), Soton (H), Sunderland (A), Palace (H).

0-6 points = a goal for Parky

7-9 points = Nothing

10-12 points = Another goal for Rodgers.

Fair enough ?

7 points here. So the score remains the same.

Point target for the next goal:

Newcastle (A)

WBA (H)

Arsenal (A)

7-9 points = Goal for Rodgers

5-6 points = None

0-4 points = Goal for Parky

Tough on Rodgers, but he needs to earn his goals for me. Sounds fair ?

** If either Liverpool/Newcastle beat opposition when they face off in two weeks by 2 goal margin or more, automatic goal to the winner regardless of this criteria. Bonus goal.

On par with Kinnear.

all thats grand but last time Dalglish had the same role the crowd hounded out Hodgson and were calling for him to take charge.

Guest bimpy474

On par with Kinnear.

all thats grand but last time Dalglish had the same role the crowd hounded out Hodgson and were calling for him to take charge.

Tbf Rodgers has them playing good football and their top. Hodgson had them playing boring football and mid table but a bad run and you can just see the King Kenny stuff appearing again.

Next 4 league games are Swansea (A), Soton (H), Sunderland (A), Palace (H).

0-6 points = a goal for Parky

7-9 points = Nothing

10-12 points = Another goal for Rodgers.

Fair enough ?

7 points here. So the score remains the same.

Point target for the next goal:

Newcastle (A)

WBA (H)

Arsenal (A)

7-9 points = Goal for Rodgers

5-6 points = None

0-4 points = Goal for Parky

Tough on Rodgers, but he needs to earn his goals for me. Sounds fair ?

** If either Liverpool/Newcastle beat opposition when they face off in two weeks by 2 goal margin or more, automatic goal to the winner regardless of this criteria. Bonus goal.

Agreed.

Just to re-iterate that they're right in there for the league title this year.

They look fantastic, and as I stated before, have the best scoring tandem in the league.

Arsenal are closer for a title challenge imho...Chelsea will win the league. Mou will stop the diva stuff when the business end of the season starts.

Not Citeh?

If it's not us (and somehow I've got my doubts) I'd rather the Arse win against Citeh or Chel$ki (or Liverpool, but I seriously don't think they've got the legs for a title race, especially in midfield). But I don't think the Portuguese wanker can make history repeat.

That 3-5-2 Rodgers is playing looks really well organised too, and it's allowed Sturridge and Suarez to both thrive together upfront moreso than previously.

Slot Coutinho in behind them, to replce Moses, once he's back fit, and then Glen Johnson at right wing back ahead of Henderson, and they are going to be one hell of an attacking force.

They've defended quite well too, and have a good number of athletic centre backs for that back 3.

That 3-5-2 Rodgers is playing looks really well organised too, and it's allowed Sturridge and Suarez to both thrive together upfront moreso than previously.

Slot Coutinho in behind them, to replce Moses, once he's back fit, and then Glen Johnson at right wing back ahead of Henderson, and they are going to be one hell of an attacking force.

They've defended quite well too, and have a good number of athletic centre backs for that back 3.

Didn't think it would work when I first saw it however like you say it does free up Suarez and Sturridge to work in tandem and Coutinho in for Moses when fit is a cracking front three.

Good selection of centre backs to make it work as you say as well. I also think it gives Gerrard a bit of freedom to dictate play.

Not good enough for the title yet though. As mentioned previously Chelsea will get the necessary results under Mourinho

Coutinho is way more suited to that role than Moses, it'll be interesting to see if anyone in the premier league will try and double up on the wingbacks, but premier league teams have been playing more and more narrow of late

Coutinho is way more suited to that role than Moses, it'll be interesting to see if anyone in the premier league will try and double up on the wingbacks, but premier league teams have been playing more and more narrow of late

If you've got the players, playing narrow has a percentage advantage regarding possession and quick interchanging.

I don't disagree, obviously you play narrow for a reason, the trick to playing against it mind is not to get dragged into the centre as much and have lots of options out wide on counter. Suarez and Sturridge are a pretty irresistible upfront, and Suarez will make clever lateral movement, and Mozes can run wide too so it's a good system imo.

I'm not sure their midfield couldn't be dominated by some of the teams in the premier league mind and isolated that front 3. If you can get Suarez and Mozes dropping too deep to get the ball you may be able to nullify some of the threat. Gerrard's long passes mind make this risky.