The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Loveren did look steady at Southampton right? What the fucks happened to him because that error vs west ham last week was as bad if not worse than anything Bramble or Boumsong produced. As for Shelvey, bit strange to give up on a young player so quickly and easily especially when you know Gerrard doesn't have much left, could have just loaned him out but to sell a young english player for £5m when now he's worth at least 4 times that amount doesn't make Rodgers look great

Had no idea Shelvey was only 23.

:lol: 5 million. Are you us?

Aye, didn't know that myself. So Rodgers shipped him out, I guess partly because of the rep Shelvey was getting for being too raw, when he was 21 (!)

At Southampton, Lovren had some combination of Wanyama/Schneiderlin/Cork screening him. That's about as good as it gets in the league. Very good fullbacks too, so not so much need to fight fires down the sides either. With so many players being sold but the Southampton train still rolling along, the system within the club must also be very good.

Joe Allen strikes me as a nothing player. No better than Anita in what at times has been a much better team. With Rodgers, you get the impression that there is some "most fans are too thick to appreciate this" over-intellectualizing and obstinate self-belief in his approach.

Starting to go all Pardew about Rodgers me, can't wait until he's out.

Watching Shelvey just adds to it...and countless other players he's ostracized and continues to ostracize in order to play his favourites.

JC is available I believe.

So is King Kenny. He knows the Singular Unique Honorable Righteous TiciTaca Liverpool Way. He would channel The Spirit of Shankly, and they would once again be living in history, exactly where they belong.

'Got no reason to moan', 'could be worse', 'what more do you expect?' oh, and, the classic 'be careful what you wish for' etc.

May as well use them all up in one post. Have I missed any?

Skeletor's post is the classic one that you missed.

"You finised 2nd" :lol:

Liverpool have been an average side for years and years. Them finishing 2nd is the equivalent season of us finishing 5th.

I just despise how they feel that they should be 4th or above every season. They're squad is good enough to finish 6th - 10th and that's the fact of the matter.

I also hate how nearly every pundit on TV is a Liverpool fan or ex-player, as that adds to the irritation of having to put up with everyone saying "this is their year" after one win.

Loveren did look steady at Southampton right? What the f***s happened to him because that error vs west ham last week was as bad if not worse than anything Bramble or Boumsong produced. As for Shelvey, bit strange to give up on a young player so quickly and easily especially when you know Gerrard doesn't have much left, could have just loaned him out but to sell a young english player for £5m when now he's worth at least 4 times that amount doesn't make Rodgers look great

Tbf he was shite for Lyon before that, an absolute joke in fact. I'm going to put it more down to the protection that Southampton's defenders have been getting from their midfield in recent years.

Loveren did look steady at Southampton right? What the f***s happened to him because that error vs west ham last week was as bad if not worse than anything Bramble or Boumsong produced. As for Shelvey, bit strange to give up on a young player so quickly and easily especially when you know Gerrard doesn't have much left, could have just loaned him out but to sell a young english player for £5m when now he's worth at least 4 times that amount doesn't make Rodgers look great

Tbf he was s**** for Lyon before that, an absolute joke in fact. I'm going to put it more down to the protection that Southampton's defenders have been getting from their midfield in recent years.

Fonte always struck me as the better CH.

Definitely Pardew level of hate for him now....I happily take Pardew over him at the moment. At least we'll probably beat a Mourinho managed side/big side once in a while. Rodgers' record against so called top 4 sides reads like a obituary. 5 wins in 24 (2 of which against Moyes Utd that actually finished 7th, so shouldn't count. 3 wins in 21. Nightmare stuff

He's lost everything that was was supposed to be good about him. Absolutely everything. Showing up at OT against the worst Manc side of last 25 years, playing like a league 2 side hoping to get a miracle...utter disgrace.

When RAWK mods turn on you and you can truly express your ill thoughts on the manager there without getting a ban....you know the tide has turned.

I think a humiliation at Goodison Park in 3 weeks should seal it. But really, it should have been sealed already. Klopp is out there, literally begging for the job, and this opportunity is leaving, because the ownership is very passive and the manager won't resign because he knows his level are likes of Sunderland/Huddersfield.

A extract from a Reading ST Holder when Rodgers was their manager, and it's scary how true it rings now:

COx5uchW8AA6Xw2.jpg

Definitely Pardew level of hate for him now....I happily take Pardew over him at the moment. At least we'll probably beat a Mourinho managed side/big side once in a while. Rodgers' record against so called top 4 sides reads like a obituary. 5 wins in 24 (2 of which against Moyes Utd that actually finished 7th, so shouldn't count. 3 wins in 21. Nightmare stuff

He's lost everything that was was supposed to be good about him. Absolutely everything. Showing up at OT against the worst Manc side of last 25 years, playing like a league 2 side hoping to get a miracle...utter disgrace.

When RAWK mods turn on you and you can truly express your ill thoughts on the manager there without getting a ban....you know the tide has turned.

I think a humiliation at Goodison Park in 3 weeks should seal it. But really, it should have been sealed already. Klopp is out there, literally begging for the job, and this opportunity is leaving, because the ownership is very passive and the manager won't resign because he knows his level are likes of Sunderland/Huddersfield.

A extract from a Reading ST Holder when Rodgers was their manager, and it's scary how true it rings now:

COx5uchW8AA6Xw2.jpg

But he took yous to second. Deluded Scousers never satisfied. etc...etc...

Klopp is begging for the job?

Sunderland/Huddersfield?

Mess of a post.

Him and his agent had an interview last week saying, how he's relaxed and looking for a project, and not at a ready-made top club. A project that needs help and it has to be in England because he needs language for his ideas to work. Said, all he needs is to feel the club and get energy from the stadium and England have clubs even outside of their top 4 that can appeal to him."

And he touched the TIA sign when BVB came over last summer.  I think he'd definitely be interested.

And yes...what sort of club do you think Rodgers' level is ? He'll be in the British merry-go-around circle soon as he's f***ed off of this job. The football the team plays is toxic. It literally is like prime Pardew...."progressive passing" manager my arse.

and not at a ready-made top club.

So he's not going to Liverpool then.

Liverpool are not a ready-made top club.

No top club tolerates such depressing mediocrity as us. Mediocre, loser mentality from top to bottom of everyone involved with the club.