James Perch

BeloEmre

• 6 months later...

Did he have a bad game? Sounds like he didn't do much wrong but if he is shown to mess up on the goals...?

Edit: just read the match thread :thup: I only remember hearing his name twice, once was a good defensive header and the other was him busting his nut to retain possession in attack.

Just not good enough.  That simple.  Tonight was the cherry on the top of the proof cake that he so unskillfully baked during his time here.  Out of position too much, weak in the air, weak in possession.  Him and Elliot combined to cost us 2 of the goals.

Nice way to deal with a ball across the box, turn around and flick your leg up at it.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2l8esu8.png

:undecided:

I think that third goal came when Ferguson was limping so he didn't have much help. Possibly harsh to judge him on that one goal alone.

Nice way to deal with a ball across the box, turn around and flick your leg up at it.

I think that third goal came when Ferguson was limping so he didn't have much help. Possibly harsh to judge him on that one goal alone.

:lol:

:lol:

My bad. Wrong side of the pitch. He was caught out wide though and I'm pretty sure he was playing CB to start with.

Guest Rey Mysterio

To be fair to him, he'd just made another block prior to that screenshot so he was turned away from where the ball ricocheted. It's not like he just went to try and block it like that on purpose.

Exactly, totally misleading post.

Half decent from Perch last night. Won a fair bit in the air, never the most elegant on the deck but got the job done most of the time.  Went long with his passing a bit too often for my liking, however typically whoever has played right centre back for us over the last year or so has tended to be a lot more direct than Colo on the left. Surprised by some of the comments on here last night that he had a shocker.

To be fair to him, he'd just made another block prior to that screenshot so he was turned away from where the ball ricocheted. It's not like he just went to try and block it like that on purpose.

Half decent from Perch last night. Won a fair bit in the air, never the most elegant on the deck but got the job done most of the time.  Went long with his passing a bit too often for my liking, however typically whoever has played right centre back for us over the last year or so has tended to be a lot more direct than Colo on the left. Surprised by some of the comments on here last night that he had a shocker.

Pleased to read that. Hes got obvious shortcomings as a player but I was hopeful they wouldn't be so obviously exposed at centre back.

Still remember what a fantastic game he had v Jonas in the Championship v Forest at SJP. He must have some defensive ability hidden away somewhere.

When he signed I was hoping he'd be an other Aaron Hughes but they were just horrendous performances from him at right back.

I hope we can get away with him at centre back for a few games because I've got a feeling we're going to see a little bit more of him at some stage this season. As it stands just one tweak or strain for Colo or Taylor and hes in the side to make a back 4 of RTaylor-Perch- Taylor /Colo -Simpson.

Pleased to read that. Hes got obvious shortcomings as a player but I was hopeful they wouldn't be so obviously exposed at centre back.

Still remember what a fantastic game he had v Jonas in the Championship v Forest at SJP. He must have some defensive ability hidden away somewhere.

When he signed I was hoping he'd be an other Aaron Hughes but they were just horrendous performances from him at right back.

I hope we can get away with him at centre back for a few games because I've got a feeling we're going to see a little bit more of him at some stage this season. As it stands just one tweak or strain for Colo or Taylor and hes in the side to make a back 4 of RTaylor-Perch- Taylor /Colo -Simpson.

what about williamson?

what about williamson?

Still injured.