James Perch

BeloEmre

How well did he combine with MYM? Wondering if the lack of Williamson suggests Pardew believes this combination is more suitable.

Honestly, best defensive performance of the season. Both of them were absolutely tremendous.

The amount of headers won against Traore was ridiculous.

That's what amazed me.  They kept floating balls in towards Traore before Mbiwa or Perch flew up past his head and cleared them. 

:thup:

Perch and Raylor, cut from the same cloth. Jacks-of-all-trades, masters of none. Every squad needs them though.

Yup. Would love to find the forward version of them, someone who can fit in anywhere and doesn't let us down. Perhaps Gouffran is that person although he definitely seems a higher quality.

How well did he combine with MYM? Wondering if the lack of Williamson suggests Pardew believes this combination is more suitable.

Honestly, best defensive performance of the season. Both of them were absolutely tremendous.

The amount of headers won against Traore was ridiculous.

That's what amazed me.  They kept floating balls in towards Traore before Mbiwa or Perch flew up past his head and cleared them. 

We of all fans should know that height does not necessarily equate with aerial prowess.

[move]http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/2011/12/MikeWilliamson1.jpg[/move]

Perch and Raylor, cut from the same cloth. Jacks-of-all-trades, masters of none. Every squad needs them though.

Yup. Would love to find the forward version of them, someone who can fit in anywhere and doesn't let us down. Perhaps Gouffran is that person although he definitely seems a higher quality.

Imagining that Capo Robby is actually the one posting, I want to punch you in the face after every post you make. :lol:

Early days but so far Gouffran is a definite first 11 player for me.

If he played instead of Obertan tonight for example I am certain we would have won.

I may be laughed at here but he is the sort of player Fergie loves at Man U as a squad player.

:lol:

Not quite that level but I would sign him up for the rest of his career. The sort of squad player a team needs, not kicking off when not starting but will also have games when people question if he should be starting more often even if he will probably just fall a little short.

Great attitude, decent player, good versatility.

Agreed John O'Shea was the typical example at Man U, fill whatever gap was needed in defence or central midfield on the odd occasion which Perch is perfectly capable of as well. O'Shea was perhaps a bit better at his best but Perch is perfectly capable

I may be laughed at here but he is the sort of player Fergie loves at Man U as a squad player.

:lol:

Not quite that level but I would sign him up for the rest of his career. The sort of squad player a team needs, not kicking off when not starting but will also have games when people question if he should be starting more often even if he will probably just fall a little short.

Great attitude, decent player, good versatility.

Agreed John O'Shea was the typical example at Man U, fill whatever gap was needed in defence or central midfield on the odd occasion which Perch is perfectly capable of as well. O'Shea was perhaps a bit better at his best but Perch is perfectly capable

O'Shea was who I was thinking of. Now Fergie has Smalling, Evans and Jones who are all happy to play second fiddle and can play anywhere across the back 4 including Jones who can play DM. IMO not the Man United standard but more than capable footballers.

If he played instead of Obertan tonight for example I am certain we would have won.

Aye definitely in fact my confidence in going all the way would raise tenfold if he was available shame he isn't.

Imagining that Capo Robby is actually the one posting, I want to punch you in the face after every post you make. :lol:

:lol: I'm sure I'll get sick of him soon enough

Yeah I agree. Maybe if we do get another striker in the summer it might push him to be more of a role player. However he has definitely proved him to be a real asset to this team, should be the first option off the bench if he isn't starting.

Guest VanBarduck

The more I see him play, the more I think is a good player. Poor's man Busquets IMO , would love to see him in the same position more often (n°6) .

I love Perchy. He's had the turnaround from absolute joke, to solid utility player, to superb displays. He knows his role, does it well and gets on with it. Players like Perch and Raylor should stay here for years because they don't kick up a fuss when benched and they put in a reliable shift when called upon.

In conclusion, well done Perchy :thup:

Might get Perch on the back of the next seasons kit if it is decent. Plays really tough but is a total gentleman. Loved when he made sure Zhirkov doesn't crash into the ad boards.

• 1 month later...

Missing a bit of his bite in the midfield.

The only reason to bring him on now though would be to see if we can hold them to 1 goal and hope we can nick a goal near the end.

Saying that, i don't think he'd be dong any better than Tiote if i'm honest.

• 2 months later...

"The three year career of James Perch at Gallowgate is set to end imminently, with Wigan Athletic favourites to complete a deal for the 27 year-old utility player.

Moving into the final year of his Newcastle contract, Perch had attracted the attention of various clubs in the Championship including his former employer Nottingham Forest, but looks to have been persuaded to become a Latic by their recently-appointed boss Owen Coyle."

from .com

Fucking stupid decision to let him go. Good utility player who's had a real turnaround here, a real shame. He has outperformed Tiote by country miles in the last 18 months.