Dan Gosling

Dave

Abeid's time will come. I'm sure he'll get some game time in the cup competitions and Europe next season.

I do want to see what Gosling has to offer when he's in tip-top shape (that is, when he has that match sharpness feeling) though.

Pardew likes him though. He must show some good qualities in training.

By the way, he lookede trimmer yesterday IMO. Which i think is part of his problem.

I look forward to seeing more of him next year, should he get games in Europe.

He has a bright future here IF he can be patient, we are going to need a big squad he WILL get games. Strange how he has changed though from the tank he was in pre-season, looked like had lived in the gym.

He has a bright future here IF he can be patient, we are going to need a big squad he WILL get games. Strange how he has changed though from the tank he was in pre-season, looked like had lived in the gym.

Or in TGI Friday.

You guys even have those over there?  Or was he just hitting up the Jack Daniels' strips while he was here on pre-season?

• 3 months later...

Nightmare Start To Gosling's Season Again As Injury Strikes‎

TheFootballNetwork.net - 14 minutes ago

Newcastle United midfielder Dan Gosling has picked up yet another injury in his short ... TyneTalk : Unofficial Newcastle United news, views and message boards.

• 4 weeks later...

Anita, Vuckic, Abeid, Bigirimana, Amalfitano and Perch have all shown more than him from a centre-midfield position. He has absolutely no strings to his bow whatsoever. Complete passenger and wouldn't give two fucks if he was sold, regardless of our slim squad.

I wouldn't get rid, i would send him out on loan to build his fitness and get him some game time, i don't want him here at the moment as there are many better players around and he's taking their chances.

Will they not still be here when he comes back from a loan spell though?

I wouldn't get rid, i would send him out on loan to build his fitness and get him some game time, i don't want him here at the moment as there are many better players around and he's taking their chances.

Will they not still be here when he comes back from a loan spell though?

Watching him in his Everton days he looked like he had a bit of potential in him, he just seemed to lose his touch due to his injury and lack of time on the pitch, might help him get on track to start a few games for another team.

I haven't seen any redeeming qualities in this guy at all. No pace, skill or vision. Just a knack for getting in goal scoring positions now and then, but other than that one of the worst footballers in the top division.

Don't want to write a player off etc, but I just don't think he'll be used enough to be a decent player for us. We have other players in both defensive and attacking midfield that offer more in each role, whereas he doesn't really offer a lot in either.

Maybe a season's loan somewhere would be best for him, although I wouldn't be too bothered if we got rid.