Dan Gosling

Dave

He's good at getting into forward positions. Missing chances now, but it may come to him if he plays more often on loan or whatever.

Aside from that I can't think of anything he's more than basically competent at. We needed Tiote in the side to carry him tonight, in games where we've played him alongside another youngster the midfield has looked way too lightweight and that's because of how little he offers IMO.

Thought he huffed and puffed a lot tonight and seemed to get himself into good areas. Don't think he was anywhere near as bad as he is being made out to be.

Still think as a team we've outgrown him from when we first bought him. A loan spell in the Championship could do his confidence the world of good as he's still never had a regular run of games since that bad injury.

Thought he huffed and puffed a lot tonight and seemed to get himself into good areas. Don't think he was anywhere near as bad as he is being made out to be.

Still think as a team we've outgrown him from when we first bought him. A loan spell in the Championship could do his confidence the world of good as he's still never had a regular run of games since that bad injury.

:thup:

I haven't seen anything from him that makes me think he's suddenly going to become a decent player for us.  He's got no tricks about him, he doesn't look strong in a challenge, he hasn't got a change of pace and doesn't seem able to carry the ball. 

I've kept quiet about him because of his injury but this is his third season here and he's yet to make me think he'll ever be capable of doing a good job for our first team.  Even though he was injured for most of his first season, he's had over a season to show something and he hasn't.  I would much rather have seen a player like Bigirimana start instead of him because at least he shows potential, Gosling doesn't.

I can't remember us ever having dominated a midfield when Gosling has been part of it and the comments about him being like Nolan without the goals is a good one.

He was brought in for cynical reasons IMO. We thought we were buying an upcoming star on a loophole freebie, who would improve with us and be a valuable asset.

As it stands, his market value is probably about 500K..

In a funny way, it serves the club right that he's flopped.

I'll give him one thing, he certainly tries his best but unfortunately his best wasn't good enough tonight.

Nobody can say he doesn't try and I can't remember him trying to hide, even when things don't work out for him.

Think he did more then Vuckic whom shown to be shit every oportunity at this level. Marveaux hasn't really shone either, but he keeps drawing to that AM spot from his winger position. Gosling got that mentality to allways be in the box for knockdowns/headers, he got a decent shot on him aswell. I for one defo think there is some potential worthwhile developing.

Think he did more then Vuckic whom shown to be s*** every oportunity at this level. Marveaux hasn't really shone either, but he keeps drawing to that AM spot from his winger position. Gosling got that mentality to allways be in the box for knockdowns/headers, he got a decent shot on him aswell. I for one defo think there is some potential worthwhile developing.

Gosling has already played more first team games for us than Vuckic, we're playing in Europe next week because Vuckic won a game for us with a goal, has Gosling ever won or even changed a game for us?

I can't remember him doing so.

Marveaux has had some games for us, even if they weren't this season, at least he's shown he's got something about him and could come good.  He's still getting used to playing in England and he's still getting over a fairly serious injury and operation.

The stuff that he does is so simple and safe that you can forget he's even playing in the game.

He does very little wrong, but he's never going to be a 'game changer'. Just 'Player 11' basically, if you're desperate for a CM to come on.

• 3 months later...