The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

When I suggested we should actually try and win this tournament, I got absolutely slated on here.

We wouldn't have.

You say that like Birmingham ever win anything. We should have gone full strength against Arsenal and against Stevenage.

Seeing Wenger beat by our holy trinity of rejects - Bowyer, Carr & Martins - is perhaps my second best footballing moment after this season (coming a close second after our out-Arsenaling Arsenal during the 4-4 draw).

Jesus Christ almighty.

Beating the mackems 5 is nothing compared to this.  :lol:

Birmingham are so shit - not to even mention their fans. How, in a season where Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs are all competing for four trophies... have Birmingham just gone and won one of them.

Fuck that, they deserve it. Who gives a fuck about the top four/five?

Just shows what could happen if we actually tried in the cups.

Nothing to do with giving a fuck, just highly perplexing!

If we tried in the cups, we'd get full-strength/motivated top four sides played against us every stage of the competition! :lol: Always, always, always. :(

They don't deserve it either IMO.

Just like Birmingham didn't you mean? They put out second strings in the earlier rounds.

Birmingham are so s*** - not to even mention their fans. How, in a season where Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs are all competing for four trophies... have Birmingham just gone and won one of them.

They tried though, unlike, say, us.

I thought Hughton was a top, top manager, you can't possibly be suggesting that he got it wrong.

Guest guinness_fiend

Seeing Wenger beat by our holy trinity of rejects - Bowyer, Carr & Martins - is perhaps my second best footballing moment after this season (coming a close second after our out-Arsenaling Arsenal during the 4-4 draw).

Jesus Christ almighty.

Words cannot express how much I hate Wenger.  It's irrational, I know, but let me enjoy it! :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

pleased for carr and oba. couldnt care less about bowyer. wenger is such an idiot for thinking his centre-halves and keeper are good enough for what they want to achieve.

The Arsenal GK, and CB partnership scores highly in scrabble, at least, that's the only reason I see Wenger having for using them.

Birmingham are so s*** - not to even mention their fans. How, in a season where Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs are all competing for four trophies... have Birmingham just gone and won one of them.

I thought Hughton was a top, top manager, you can't possibly be suggesting that he got it wrong.

I said at the time that he got it wrong, just like Pardew vs Stevenage.

Well Pardew actually tried in the FA Cup and still cocked up, so I don't know what that says about him.

pleased for carr and oba. couldnt care less about bowyer. wenger is such an idiot for thinking his centre-halves and keeper are good enough for what they want to achieve.

Yep. They're just too soft. When Arsenal won shit they had a spine that scared the shit out of other teams.

The Arsenal GK, and CB partnership scores highly in scrabble, at least, that's the only reason I see Wenger having for using them.

:lol:

Well, we'll take the 6th place then. Will irritate the hell out of me if we now secure the 7th spot.

But on the other hand, this is the first trophy for Bham for over 40 years. They will celebrate as if they won CL and for the supporters this will stand for many many years. For the likes of arse, shitty etc, the Carling cup is forgotten the next season, or the next day. It's good to see the smaller teams winning something too,,

szczesny looks like a real talent, but he's 3 or 4 years away from being truly top class. the others are far too inconsistent and shit themselves against physical strikers. everyone in football knows arsenal's weakness at the back yet he refuses to do anything about it. when he does bring in new centre-halves they are like squillachi and koscielny weak as piss.

:lol:

Well Pardew actually tried in the FA Cup and still cocked up, so I don't know what that says about him.

FFS man. Take this shit elsewhere.