Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Man City.  Not that I wish a plane crash on any team, but if I had to choose, they'd be the one.

if we must choose.

Ok i will agree if its in thier stadium while playing the Mackems.

Whether we end up signing him or not, I really hope this doesn't hinder his ability when he recovers. He really does look like the real deal.

The next 9 months aside, this could really affect him as a footballer. Eduardo, for example, has never been the same.

Someone needs to get a get well message from us all to him in hospital; he'll be incredible sad/ scared/ lonely tonight. Hope the club have left/ arranged for someone to be there for him. The club also need to make sure he feels wanted and supported during his recuperation.

People will say that it wasn't a foul, the point is that at the angle De Jong came in at and the manner in which he went in for the tackle he was always going to take the player. It was reckless to say the least and De Jong knew he was going to get player and ball and perhaps saw it as a freebie. I'm surprised that KK and Butt said it was ok, they're were both top players and will have known that De Jong went in harder and more dangerously than was needed.

I can remember Jenas getting sent off at Highbury for a similar challenge - got the ball, trailing leg took the man. Also, JJ's injury-tackle (on Gilberto iirc?) wasn't a collective tactic pre-game either.

Fucking despise De Jong like.

He's not 10 years old, i imagine he can take it to be at a hospital without crying his eyes out

He's 23 years old, recently arrived in a foreign country, just had a double fracture and can't speak the language...

The club have a responsibility.

It would be easier to take if it was just a freak injury, but it was a pointlessly wreckless challeng of which are becoming far too common.

You cannot complain though because apparantly these players are just 'going in hard and fair' and it's just part of there game...

He's not 10 years old, i imagine he can take it to be at a hospital without crying his eyes out

He's 23 years old, recently arrived in a foreign country, just had a double fracture and can't speak the language...

The club have a responsibility.

of course i see your point, but still

he's a grown up man, should be able to be alone in a professional hospital with 24/7 care

i bet there is people who faces far worse hospital care in england then professional footballers

hell manage

This^

The nurses will look after him like they do everyone else, what else can we do, get Hughton and Collin to take turns reading to him by his bedside.

I'm not a violent person but I watched it at my local in Jarra and when the commentator announced Ben Arfa had a suspected broken leg some mackem put his fist in the air and shouted "get in Arfa's broke his leg", I felt like fucking glassing the bastard. Fucking fuming.

Someone needs to get a get well message from us all to him in hospital; he'll be incredible sad/ scared/ lonely tonight. Hope the club have left/ arranged for someone to be there for him. The club also need to make sure he feels wanted and supported during his recuperation.

People will say that it wasn't a foul, the point is that at the angle De Jong came in at and the manner in which he went in for the tackle he was always going to take the player. It was reckless to say the least and De Jong knew he was going to get player and ball and perhaps saw it as a freebie. I'm surprised that KK and Butt said it was ok, they're were both top players and will have known that De Jong went in harder and more dangerously than was needed.

It's so typical though. Everyone dismisses these kinds of tackles as not being that bad, or being mistimed or unlucky etc etc, when it doesn't affect them or their team. I actually remember after the Shawcross tackle on Ramsey there were a lot of people even on here saying the same sorts of things. It sucks when you have to deal with it though.

How the fuck can that wanker De Jong not get punished? Sure, he didnt in the game, but he broke a players fucking leg. I fail to see how the FA cant put some sort of punishment on a player who does that with a wreckless challenge?