Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BooBoo

Good piece. The most annoying bullshit has been "it's a fair tackle, he won the ball, there was no malice". A complete irrelevance when the tackle is so forceful and aggresive that the risk of injury is inevitable to any reasonable person.

It's like defending a drunk driver who knocks someone over with the "oh they didnt mean it", as they were so reckless as to drive when intoxicated. They may not  have had the intention to knock someone over but the reckless element demands a punishment and deterrent.

'They should ban De Jong until Ben Arfa can play again. De Jong shouldn't be allowed to play football. His tackle was criminal. He already injured another player (Stuart Holden) last season.' - Enrique

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1317822/Nigel-Jong-banned-long-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-out.html

:clap:

I just love Enrique more and more each day. Sadly though, he's probably the one who'll get punished for calling the referee "laughable"

But Enrique insists that would not be the case with a more high-profile player, adding: 'If it was Rooney who was injured instead of Ben Arfa, they would make an example of him.'

:clap:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Colin Calderwood has come out and said "It was unfortunate that HBA left his standing foot on he ground then he fell awkwardly!"

What Chance have we got?.

Colin Calderwood has come out and said "It was unfortunate that HBA left his standing foot on he ground then he fell awkwardly!"

Just posted that in the de Jong thread.

"Tackles like that have to stay as part of the game"

Fucking moron.

Well if we get relegated and he gets sacked, Calderwood can console himself that those tackles are still in the game while him and Ben Arfa are out.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Hope Houghton pulls him up about this statement, the fact is weather or not there was intent you have to be held accountable for your actions.

I see Karl Henry has now come out and apologized for his recent tackle on Gomez.

I doubt weather we'll hear the same from De Jong.

Guest johnson293

He told the Chronicle: "I'll be back. I will be working hard to play again in a black-and-white shirt and to perform again for the brilliant Newcastle fans" i love him :smitten:

Yeah, great spirit from the lad.

Just hope he recovers well, and the club decide to/can keep him on.

Good to hear from Enrique :clap:

Terrible from Calderwood. Not just because he is wrong but because it's against what Hughton said. Absolutely astounding.

calderwood sounds like the old time centre half he was, he'll still be thinking like many others do that you can tackle how you like if you touch the ball.

Good to hear from Enrique :clap:

Terrible from Calderwood. Not just because he is wrong but because it's against what Hughton said. Absolutely astounding.

calderwood sounds like the old time centre half he was, he'll still be thinking like many others do that you can tackle how you like if you touch the ball.

You can :fishing:

Just posted that in the de Jong thread.

"Tackles like that have to stay as part of the game"

f***ing moron.

Takes a special kind of dick to manage to say something that fucking stupid

Wonder if someone tackled someone then followed through by punching them in the face. Would the receiving player be blamed for not getting his face out of the way of the following fist?

you overheard me this morning at work didncha ?

thats exactly the example i used.

Suppose all is well and good after Ben Arfa recovers and plays to the level which we have already seen. He doesn't play enough games for the permanent transfer though. Do you guys reckon that Newcastle will stump up the 5m regardless?

Suppose all is well and good after Ben Arfa recovers and plays to the level which we have already seen. He doesn't play enough games for the permanent transfer though. Do you guys reckon that Newcastle will stump up the 5m regardless?

if the opportunity is still there then i would have certainly thought so. If we are paying for all his medical care, and that fact CH will have seen enough of him to know how talented he is, it would be crazy not too.

i'm still not claer on the terms of this agreement. is it a) he HAS to play 25 games for us to have the option to buy him. or b) if he plays 25 games we HAVE to buy him for an agreed price?

any progress on finding out where we can send get well soon cards too, i think we should organise a mass Newcastle Online card sending bonanza

i'm still not claer on the terms of this agreement. is it a) he HAS to play 25 games for us to have the option to buy him. or b) if he plays 25 games we HAVE to buy him for an agreed price?

any progress on finding out where we can send get well soon cards too, i think we should organise a mass Newcastle Online card sending bonanza

The latter. If he plays 25 games we have to make a permanent offer.

I think the player could still turn this down, say if we got relegated, but we'd automatically agree terms with the club.

Wonder if someone tackled someone then followed through by punching them in the face. Would the receiving player be blamed for not getting his face out of the way of the following fist?

Uh, where is Calderwood blaming Ben Arfa?

All he is saying is that the injury was exacerbated by the positioning of the players legs, which of course it was. It was as he rightly said, 'unfortunate'.