Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I wouldn't have started him against Stoke even if i'd watched tonight's game and he'd played well. I know it's pandering to (what i think is) a worse team than us, but i think we're going to need to be more physical up front if we're going to get anything from the game.

Hmm not sure about that, the last thing to do when you're playing Stoke is try and compete with them physically up front, might be better to get the ball down and have players running at them. Ba and Best will be no match if you try and put them in a physical battle with whatever trolls they've got at centre half.

I wouldn't have started him against Stoke even if i'd watched tonight's game and he'd played well. I know it's pandering to (what i think is) a worse team than us, but i think we're going to need to be more physical up front if we're going to get anything from the game.

Hmm not sure about that, the last thing to do when you're playing Stoke is try and compete with them physically up front, might be better to get the ball down and have players running at them. Ba and Best will be no match if you try and put them in a physical battle with whatever trolls they've got at centre half.

Agreed re Best & Ba.

Agree. Ben Arfa and Lövenkrands it is O0

Dont see why everyone keeps getting so over defensive about Ben Arfa, all ive heard anyone say is he doesnt like ready yet and is trying to do a little bit too much , He isnt fully match fit or sharp and needs a bit more time. Hes come back from a long injury and still needs time to adapt to the league i think not about getting  fully fit. Confident he will do well but think it will be a few month yet before he its his best form again.

Hauled off after 70 minutes.

Impressive.

:lol:

First post for 11 days, so incredibly pathetic.  You're actually showing sunderland up on a board where estimations on mackems couldn't be any lower. :lol:

NORTH EAST TOP DOGS FTM SUNLUN ROOLZ

I know Pardew's said he'll always play centrally but I think he's got to start thinking about, as someone suggested, at least easing him in down the left hand side, maybe start him on the right, see how he does and let him and Jonas switch over during the game. For a player still looking to get used to the English game, coming back from a serious injury and probably feeling the need to prove himself again, getting the ball in more crowded areas isn't doing him any favours.

The one time he picked the ball up on Saturday on the wing, he blitzed past the full back and got a shot away. He wants to beat players but needs to learn to walk before he can run.