Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest secteur2010

Phil Airey will step up this season. Guaranteed. We'll have forgotten about Arfa by November.

It sounds like Marseilles are desperate to get rid of this guy. Can we not be careful what we wish for?

Marseille need the money. The team is looking to add a big name striker this close season (the likes of Gignac, Gilardino, etc.) and they need to clear space on the age bill. Ben Arfa is easily expendable as he divides fan opinion and is not liked by Deschamps who it seems will be manager for some time to come.

It sounds like Marseilles are desperate to get rid of this guy. Can we not be careful what we wish for?

Marseille need the money. The team is looking to add a big name striker this close season (the likes of Gignac, Gilardino, etc.) and they need to celar space on the age bill. Ben Arfa is easily expendable as he divides fan opinion and is not liked by Deschamps who it seems will be manager for some time to come.

Seeing as your a Marseille fan; whats Ben Arfas primary postion? Is it through the middle or out wide?

A lad at work reckons another lad at work told him his mate is a taxi driver and picked up Mr Ben Arfa from the airport on Tuesday, dropping him off at a Gosforth hotel.

Guest sicko2ndbest

A lad at work reckons another lad at work told him his mate is a taxi driver and picked up Mr Ben Arfa from the airport on Monday, dropping him off at a Gosforth hotel.

thats a lie!

He travelled with Marseille on Monday!

The fact that Hughton's said 'unlikely' makes me think we're in the hunt along with everyone else. He denies most transfer stories flat out, the fact he's saying very little that is either way conclusive is telling IMO.

Still reckon we'll lose out though. The only thing in our favour is that we're seemingly the only English team in for him (the others being Turkish and jorman) and there was a quote from his agent in today's Sun saying he wants to come to England. Time will tell. 

Marseille need the money. The team is looking to add a big name striker this close season (the likes of Gignac, Gilardino, etc.) and they need to celar space on the age bill. Ben Arfa is easily expendable as he divides fan opinion and is not liked by Deschamps who it seems will be manager for some time to come.

Seeing as your a Marseille fan; whats Ben Arfas primary postion? Is it through the middle or out wide?

He can play both positions. I think his best position is the left side. Like most players of his ilk he often uses his pace, trickery, and skill to cut inside threaten the goal. Definitely not the typical winger in the English system. If he comes the only way he will play in the middle is if we play 4-5-1 and give him free reign as he lacks the requisite physicality otherwise.

The Xisco jokes are fuckin shit by the way. Its boring and no better than if folk on here starting joking about spears or swinging from trees every time we talked about a black player. Its fuckin pathetic and not in the slightest bit funny.

The Xisco jokes are fuckin s*** by the way. Its boring and no better than if folk on here starting joking about spears or swinging from trees every time we talked about a black player. Its fuckin pathetic and not in the slightest bit funny.

Here here. Very tiresome.

I still have literally no hope this will happen. Been here before, Aimar, Mordic, Deco......

i will continue to tell myself this wont happen until i see him in a black and white top.

Gay ...

:lol:

The Xisco jokes are fuckin shit by the way. Its boring and no better than if folk on here starting joking about spears or swinging from trees every time we talked about a black player. Its fuckin pathetic and not in the slightest bit funny.

Oo0ooo0o0o get you  :gayfight:

The Xisco jokes are fuckin s*** by the way. Its boring and no better than if folk on here starting joking about spears or swinging from trees every time we talked about a black player. Its fuckin pathetic and not in the slightest bit funny.

Where where?

Where where?

One thing I like about him..... he plays lovely balls throught the centre.  :thup:

Xisco loves him already.

:facepalm:

Their, Their, Dave.

I always liked the crafty butcher joke tbh

Guest sicko2ndbest

Quotes attributed to Ben Afras agent saying he welcomes Milan's interest:

"I think he is an important player, very technnical and he could add to the quality of Milan's midfield," Guerra told calciomercato.it.

"He would like to play for a club like Milan in the San Siro in front of 75,000 people."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2010/07/28/2045859/agent-of-olympique-marseilles-hatem-ben-arfa-opens-door-to

Still whoring him tbh

Im not holding out much hope but sitting on the bench at Milan is probably not the best move for him