Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's going to be brilliant for us, I don't care what people say.

For the first time, I agree about that.

Before today I've always been a bit sceptical abaout HBA but, today he showed that he has bags and bags full of talent.

I fail to see how on that showing you think he's gonna be mint for us, when he's been fucking mint at football for his entire life.

Yeah, that was pre his big injury, though. Always said that I won't predict anything about him until he's back to full fitness for us.

Just look at Owen, what a class player he's been for us pre that Spurs game in that he broke his foot. Same could have happend with Ben Arfa. It seems that it didn't.

He's going to be brilliant for us, I don't care what people say.

Just depends where we play him, because Ba won't thrive if it's the pair of them up front.

Would've thrived today if he'd hit the back of the net from a pretty easy chance

Harsh on Ba. Wasn't an easy chance.

I know people will think im just defending him cus it's ben arfa but that pen was soft as fuck. on the slow mo from the side he clearly barely touched richards before he threw himself to the ground and then ben arfa toppled over him. Saw glimpses today of the style of football we could play when he has had a run of games in the team. The little through balls and dribbles he did were good.

I know people will think im just defending him cus it's ben arfa but that pen was soft as fuck.

It's got nothing to do with "defending him", it was soft. Still clumsy, mind, but Richards went down far too easily.

Wish his chance had gone in. Would have been a beautiful goal.

Absolute class. He just ghosted past Kompany & co. That's the kind of footballing intimidation he earned throughout the match though. Felt very bad for him when he was subbed, and hope he is encouraged rather than downbeat after that performance.

Wish his chance had gone in. Would have been a beautiful goal.

Absolute class. He just ghosted past Kompany & co. That's the kind of footballing intimidation he earned throughout the match though. Felt very bad for him when he was subbed, and hope he is encouraged rather than downbeat after that performance.

Exactly. The thing is as well though, he still looks a yard slower than when we last saw him for us. So as we see his conditioning improving, he's only going to get even better.

Shame it fell on his right foot as well but looking at it, Hart probs would have saved it if it was any more inside the post anyways. Didn't think he was "too selfish" today either as people have labelled him as being.

Really want a .gif of that skill on lescott in the first half. Bit of class there.

If we had a decent right back, I would play him in a wide right role with the freedom to drift in and pick up positions a bit like David Silva does when he plays from the right. Something like the below could be a bit tasty.

Krul

Santon- Taylor- Colo- Left Back

Tiote    Cabaye  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Maiga