Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Haris Vuckic

ben arfa leaved marseille ( french champion)  to be  a starter 100 per cent

which team in england he should have reached to achieve his goal and play football?

plymouth?

ahah

I like Nicky Butt and I cannot lie

Thought it was very premature bringing him off at HT. He wasn't up to scratch but as one of flair plays I'm sure there was a better way to accomodate him and Shola, possibily dropping him back to the wing.

As an aside anyone else get the feeling we may go 433 once Maiga and another full back arrives, with Modibo/Jonas/HBA supporting Ba?

This would only involve two signings,one of them apparently already done.....

Krul

Santon.  Taylor.    Colo.  New LB

Guthrie.  Tiote.  Cabaye

Ben Arfa.                    Maiga

Ba

Thought it was very premature bringing him off at HT. He wasn't up to scratch but as one of flair plays I'm sure there was a better way to accomodate him and Shola, possibily dropping him back to the wing.

As an aside anyone else get the feeling we may go 433 once Maiga and another full back arrives, with Modibo/Jonas/HBA supporting Ba?

Krul

Guthrie.  Tiote.  Cabaye

Ba

That looks tasty, Ronaldo is gonna start foaming in the mouth though that his manlove Best might not be in the first team, which would make it even better!

There were one or two occasions yesterday when I felt that a decent pass was available to him, but he hung on to the ball that bit longer, looking for the absolute killer ball. It disrupted the rhythm of our attack.

I'm not talking about knocking it backwards or sideways just to keep possession. It's great that he has his head up and looks to thread the ball forward. But he seemed reluctant to settle for the only moderately positive pass, if you get my drift. That's something in his head that he needs to sort out.

Krul

Guthrie.  Tiote.  Cabaye

Ba

That looks tasty, Ronaldo is gonna start foaming in the mouth though that his manlove Best might not be in the first team, which would make it even better!

I spent the entire summer advocating a new striker to start alongside Demba Ba. I've done the same recently in regard to Maiga. :lol:

Try again.

He lacks fitness and confidence (there's a lack of wanting to get involved, which wasn't the case before) but he's never going to work in the hole unless we base the system around him, which I don't think Pards is truly comfortable with doing.

I agree with Ronaldo about the wing spot and i've been a big fan of the idea of him as a free role player. Even if it's just to let him find his feet, get some form, confidence and let him experience the English game a bit first. In theory, a number 10 role should work with Ba having excellent movement off the shoulder and good pace but you need a forward moving midfield and full backs for a 4-4-1-1 system to really be effective, it has to fluid.

Don't think its working playing him "in the hole" i would think we would be better off playing him on the right and let him play like Modric did when Spurs came up here, play on the right but with the licence to come inside and link up with the strikers and likes of Cabaye in the middle.

The match at Everton which everyone wanks over and rightly so, didn't he play on the wing then?

He did, his best work definitely came through the middle in that one but that might not be a coincidence as he wasn't naturally meant to be there. He's a tough one to place though because when Stoke played up here, they just sat back and him drifting in all the time played into their hands, just tightening things up in the middle.

There are certainly form and confidence issues there, he was all over the place when he played for us last year, constantly coming to get the ball, almost directing our attacking play but that isn't there now, perhaps it's tactical? I think for now, he should be played on the right, just at least to find some form, fitness and consistency, he needs a good run of games and then we can look at him off the striker. Now isn't the time to judge, now's the time to be careful with him.

There were one or two occasions yesterday when I felt that a decent pass was available to him, but he hung on to the ball that bit longer, looking for the absolute killer ball. It disrupted the rhythm of our attack.

I'm not talking about knocking it backwards or sideways just to keep possession. It's great that he has his head up and looks to thread the ball forward. But he seemed reluctant to settle for the only moderately positive pass, if you get my drift. That's something in his head that he needs to sort out.

Not sure it's as simple as that though. We want him to unlock defences, what if he's giving the average pass too often and misses the chance to develop the play and make the killer one?

Pardew basically has to rethink his stance about Ben Arfa. You can't just restrict him to just the number 10 role, you can play him on the wing when necessary - after all, his best performance in a NUFC shirt came from playing on the left wing.