Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pardew has backed himself into a corner with the "Ben Arfa will only ever play number 10 role" comments

I don't buy this at all, I think it's an overreaction to a throwaway comment TBH. Pardew could easily change his mind and play him wide if he wanted, he obviously just doesn't want to.

I'd agree if he'd said it once, but he has re-iterated it on several occasions

Including just the other day in an NUFC fanzine, in response to a direct question about where he sees Ben Arfa playing...

Pardew has backed himself into a corner with the "Ben Arfa will only ever play number 10 role" comments

I don't buy this at all, I think it's an overreaction to a throwaway comment TBH. Pardew could easily change his mind and play him wide if he wanted, he obviously just doesn't want to.

As usual Ian's so far behind he thinks he's winning.

Whatever anyone thinks about HBA the simple facts are that both Best and Shola have shown more in their appearances this season than him. 

I've said it for weeks but if HBA is going to play i think the best way to play him his on the right and give him a similar role to how Modric played against us for Spurs at SJP,  play on the right with the licence to come inside and link with the forwards and likes of cabaye and then drop back on the right when we don't have the ball.

Whatever anyone thinks about HBA the simple facts are that both Best and Shola have shown more in their appearances this season than him. 

I've said it for weeks but if HBA is going to play i think the best way to play him his on the right and give him a similar role to how Modric played against us for Spurs at SJP,  play on the right with the licence to come inside and link with the forwards and likes of cabaye and then drop back on the right when we don't have the ball.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with him been replaced by Best/Shola upfront, however he should be a cert starter with the likes of Obertan playing piss every week.

Guest Benarfanufc10

Damn right.

Jonas right simpson

left ben arfa santon

why best and shola  is better(tiote colo ....vs poor team of pl that's reality ) :cheesy: because he plays 9 and pardew not plays with 10  :crazy2:

As usual Ian's so far behind he thinks he's winning.

Zing.

:thup: Fair thing to say really. I'd like to see him play on the wing with the role you described there. Doing so will probably get his confidence up which in turn could help him excell in the number 10 role.

Damn right.

Jonas right simpson

left ben arfa santon

why best and shola  is better(tiote colo ....vs poor team of pl that's reality ) :cheesy: because he plays 9 and pardew not plays with 10  :crazy2:

You sum up my feelings more succinctly with each and every passing day.

Wait, got that wrong. Please fucking stop posting. I'm begging you.

Damn right.

Jonas right simpson

left ben arfa santon

You sum up my feelings more succinctly with each and every passing day.

Wait, got that wrong. Please f***ing stop posting. I'm begging you.

I echo this sentiment greatly.

Aye, failing to win against Man United, Man City and Chelsea was definitely down to the forward pairing like.

Ronaldo's become a rather tired and embarrassing parody of himself this season. Tedious.

could not agree more. There's arguing/debating because you believe in a point, then there's 'ronalding' (new term on NO) i.e. using logic that you yourself know makes you look idiotic

Aye, failing to win against Man United, Man City and Chelsea was definitely down to the forward pairing like.

No more so than the forward pairing before that got us 3rd I guess. Then there's the Blackburn game in which we looked equally toothless with Ba and HBA up front. And this is the same Chelsea that were shipping goals for fun before they played us.

Oh, and:

Needs some time on the wing. He's playing as an out and out centre forward atm and I do not understand why.

Exactly. :thup:  Give it up, tool.

Ronaldo's become a rather tired and embarrassing parody of himself this season. Tedious.

could not agree more. There's arguing/debating because you believe in a point, then there's 'ronalding' (new term on NO) i.e. using logic that you yourself know makes you look idiotic

Like when you said Ben Arfa was better than Rooney and admitted you were a 'fanboy'?

Given the fact most of your posts these days are in response or relation to mine, I'm beginning to worry that extends to me.

Probably already been said 100 times, but Sammy on for Obertan, really?  He looks so raw and naive it's unreal (Sammy BTW, Obertan just looks shit). 

All 3 subs were wasted by AP on Saturday and the whole 'can't play out wide' thing is utter bullshit.

Not trying to do a Christmas Tree, but I can see HBA leaving in the near future.  AP clearly favours two strikers, seems to love Shola and I can't see us playing 4-4-1-1 too often. 

When everyone is available we wouldn't even play with a classic playmaker number 10. Closest player we have in that position behind a front two is Cabaye and we're not going to start dropping him.

Just. Play. Him. On. The. Wing.

Some good points being made but for me the most pressing need for HBA to get a run of games on the wing is the form of Obertan,which has been nothing short of disastrous over the season so far. If Pardew sticks with him it's a serious worry about his ability to judge.

Some good points being made but for me the most pressing need for HBA to get a run of games on the wing is the form of Obertan,which has been nothing short of disastrous over the season so far. If Pardew sticks with him it's a serious worry about his ability to judge.

Probably nowt in it, but isn't Obertan a 'Pardew' signing?  Perhaps sticking with him because of this.

I've had just about enough of Obertan, he's fucking brainless.  I don't even get excited when he manages to actually beat a man now, we all know he'll do sod all with it.  Tony Gale I think it was commentating summed him up well, despite all his pace and trickery, never looks like beating the full back and his final ball is poor.