Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

What is going on here? this lad must be a total cunt or Pards just does not like him, SURELY him instead of Obertan is a MUST. I like Sammy and think he has great potential but him getting on ahead of Hatem is a joke.

We had so much control of the game it was clear HBa would get space and time - Swansea were sitting that deep.

We needed his creativity today, had he played wide right he would have had acres to work in, the game was screaming out for him.

He was warming up in the first half and then warmed up again in the second for a little while.

I can't remember him getting up at all in the second half like. First time I seen him was when he was going to come on.

He came out for a bit in the second half. Went back to the bench and put a bib on then sat down. That's when I thought he might have been coming on.

This is getting ridiculous now. I'm not claiming he's greater than Jesus, but when you persist with Obertan and bring on Shola, Sammy and Vuckic ahead of him, you're in dire need of the loony bin. Something's definitely happened, because this makes no sense anymore.

The appearances that HBA has made have been disappointing this season which inevitably has affected Pardew's confidence in him. Sammy did show some promise in his first appearances so is probably just edging it at the moment. 

Yeah, one good performance against Scunthorpe(?) weighs more than a few slightly below average performances against two of the best teams in the PL.

Baffling how Sammy two times, Ferguson and Vuckic has been preferred in the two past games when there has been clear as day that Ben Arfa was better suited to make something happen.

No-ones saying Ben Arfa definitely will make something happen, but the probability of him doing it is several times higher than the likes that have been substituted instead of him. Pardew needs to explain this, and unless his actions are justified he needs a boot up his ass from someone.

Good news - so he was going to be used, but things changed with Tiote's cramp and he wasn't.  That'll do me (for now).  Hope he can be in the team regularly soon though.

Yes he was warming up to come on until Tiote went down, then they rushed Vuckic on.

...and Sammy...

Its just a cheap excuse from Pardew that he only sees him as a No. 10. Between the games that "there wasn´t room for a No. 10", "the game wasn´t right for him (based on physical opponents??)", "we couldn´t tactically justify playing 4-4-1-1" there really isn´t many games he will be able to feature in.

Sort it out Pardew. Didn´t you learn anything from the Mascherano/Tevez debacle?

Its just a cheap excuse from Pardew that he only sees him as a No. 10. Between the games that "there wasn´t room for a No. 10", "the game wasn´t right for him (based on physical opponents??)", "we couldn´t tactically justify playing 4-4-1-1" there really isn´t many games he will be able to feature in.

Sort it out Pardew. Didn´t you learn anything from the Mascherano/Tevez debacle?

This is what worries me as well.  Worried he's just going to piss him off, flog him and then he will turn in some class performances elsewhere. With all the comments Pardew has made, you're right there are barely any games he will be involved in and perhaps his best chance is when Ba goes off to ACN but I want to see him in the same line up as Cabaye,Tiote and Ba not our weakened team like it was when he has started.

Am I right in thinking the earliest tactical substitution we've ever made under Pardew was to take Ben Arfa off against Chelsea? :lol:

He also put Ben Arfa on at half time against Wigan.

Well that's shit all over my post, thanks.

:okay:

This isn't going to end well.  Especially given Pardew's previous dealing with big talents.

I love Sammy but he's nowhere near a Premier League player yet.  To be ahead of Ben Arfa in the pecking order is mental and Hatem should be rightly fucked off.  It won't go on much longer before a fuss is kicked up.

I was joking about comparing this to the Luque/Roeder situation a while ago, but it looks like that's the road it's going down.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Am I right in thinking the earliest tactical substitution we've ever made under Pardew was to take Ben Arfa off against Chelsea? :lol:

He also put Ben Arfa on at half time against Wigan.

Obertan vs Arsenal.

This isn't going to end well.  Especially given Pardew's previous dealing with big talents.

I love Sammy but he's nowhere near a Premier League player yet.  To be ahead of Ben Arfa in the pecking order is mental and Hatem should be rightly fucked off.  It won't go on much longer before a fuss is kicked up.

Agree with that.

Puzzling stuff. Guess Pardew really does think he's a number 10 and nothing more :undecided:

I think that's what it boils down to ultimately. At that stage of the game, don't really understand why we need "wingers" any more than we need creativity to unlock a defence, win dangerous freekicks or even a penalty. Ben Arfa would have put them on the back foot and should have come on for Obertan or Jonas when Shola came on for Best.

Puzzling stuff. Guess Pardew really does think he's a number 10 and nothing more :undecided:

I think that's what it boils down to ultimately. At that stage of the game, don't really understand why we need "wingers" any more than we need creativity to unlock a defence, win dangerous freekicks or even a penalty. Ben Arfa would have put them on the back foot and should have come on for Obertan or Jonas when Shola came on for Best.

We even could and probably should have brought him on for Tiote.

Tiote was looking tired long before he eventually was subbed and he wasn't needed as such today - not as much as we need a holding midfielder normally. To have Cabaye at CM and HBA ahead of him behind 2 strikers could have worked out brilliantly.

This is becoming an issue now. I can see HBA throwing a strop and asking for a move if this continues, and soon. Pardew simply doesn't know how to deal with him or use him in the team. Obertan and Sammy ahead of him? Come-fucking-on. Those saying "he isn't a winger mate," what the fuck has Obertan done to justify a place on the right? He can track back all he wants, he's still fucking shite.