Italian Serie A - 10/11

ponsaelius

Are they talking about Montella? dear me

Hopefully they will crumble and fall now

Its been quoted, but also may have to do with the sale of Roma in the near future.. Did a half decent job under the circumstances, no doubt, but the last few games have been dire.. going 3 up against Genoa and then letting 4 in.. well.. it happens. Cant really put 100% of the blame on Ranieri for that though.

Will be interesting to see who gets the job, hope its not Montella..

Martin Samuel

Serie A can’t touch us

Harry Redknapp, the Tottenham Hotspur manager, was hardly the most popular man in the San Siro when he announced the Premier League superior to Serie A. ‘I can see you don’t like it,’ he told the local reporter who

requested the comparison, ‘and I’m not saying Tottenham are a better side than AC Milan.’

Why not? They are. Tottenham would win the Italian league, playing better football, too. Italian domestic football is dull, and slow. That was AC Milan’s problem last week, for all the gifted players in the team, they had no collective turn of pace, no way of upping the tempo

Witness how Tottenham played the second half away to Inter Milan, or the whole of the return at White Hart Lane; how they started the AC Milan tie or the energy of the counter-attack that won the game when fatigue should have been setting in.

Peter Crouch looked dead on his feet but found that last reserve of strength to keep up with Aaron Lennon and score.

That is what is missing from Italian football. Their managers put such great emphasis on fitness, but the pace of the football is so plodding, it barely matters. This is why Premier League teams win.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1358963/Bahrain-Grand-Prix-2011-Bernie-Ecclestones-race-freedom.html#ixzz1Ec8QiYwc

Fat idiot, Spurs would be in a similar position in Serie A to what they are now. And i'm sure all these journalists think Spurs won that game 4-3, they haven't shut up about what a heroic performance it was.

It really boils my piss seeing how far up Harry's arse this lot are.

Serie A this season is very very weak to be honest. Inter is the only team showing any signs of being able to challenge for the Champions League but I think Leonardo is just to inexperienced for this phase in the tournament even if I think they'll beat Bayern.

Milan are to injury ridden and have had many problems in the CL this season and also beating weak teams in Italy by one or two goals.Napoli aren't THAT convincing to be honest.

The Premier League is stronger this season and much stronger, but I still think the two best teams in Europe are in Spain at the moment.