Rangers 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 07/08/10

Fenham Mag

We played out first team today in the first half and never looked like scoring. If we don't sign anyone else we will struggle. :facepalm:

You have to take 2 factors into account though:

1. Rangers sat back, teams in the PL will do the total opposite and attack us, opening up space for us so we create more chances.

2. It was a friendly, i doubt we were playing to our full potential.

I thought we played well, need to improve at the back and possibly drop a bit deeper but ingeneral good.

I thought Routledge played well but he's quite frustrating, stop fucking cutting in and bending the ball with your outstep. 

Also hought the way we passed the ball in general has improved over the summer and I can see us being a decent team next season.

Our passing has improved greatly. If we could bring in a playmaker and a goalscorer i think we could have a decent season, but we have been saying this for along time so i wouldn't be suprised if it didn't happen.

We played out first team today in the first half and never looked like scoring.

Aye, except for when we scored.

First half.

So, what: we played a poorer team in the second half and scored. Then we're looking good according to this logic.

Guest BooBoo

Nolan has to be played as a support for Carroll or not at all. If he's supposedly our engine room in midfield we're knackered. I've seen cozy coupes with more horsepower than Nolan.

Guest BooBoo

Bolton lost to Barrow today. They finished 15th in the conference last year.

Yep, results are pretty meaningless really. I'm more interested in that we are actually up to speed and match fit. Too many seasons recently have started with our lot looking physically exhausted after 70 minutes of games.

Guest malandro

someone just said to me rangers we're far better, what f***ing match was he watching  :idiot2:

They definitely weren't like. They did more with what they had and were solid at the back but we looked a much more competent footballing side. Long time since I've been able to say that :lol:

We looked like a side playing one man up front against very average opponents – dominating midfield but not getting enough bodies into the box to make it count.

Dr zaius takes negativity to whole new levels, I will be reading a post on my phone, think "fuck me that's a bit OTT on the negativity there mate", it will click "ah him again" so I drag it across and surprise surprise it is him :lol:

Cheer up mate :thup: :lol:

Can't see what's wrong with the odd pizza, tbh.

Seems a bit weird ordering them in straight after a game though.

Need to make up for the calories lost during the game I reckon. You can afford to eat junk straight after exercise.

Although Nolan should be given no pizza, he should be cutting.

Need to make up for the calories lost during the game I reckon. You can afford to eat junk straight after exercise.

i'm willing to say nolan isn't as bad as he looks. i remember one game last season when the camera focused on him at the end of the game and he took his top off when leaving the pitch.....he wasn't fat!. i'd also bet when playing in the middle he covers more ground than guthrie does when he plays there.

i'm willing to say nolan isn't as bad as he looks. i remember one game last season when the camera focused on him at the end of the game and he took his top off when leaving the pitch.....he wasn't fat!. i'd also bet when playing in the middle he covers more ground than guthrie does when he plays there.

Don't think he was that bad last season, but watching him against Deportivo ..... he looked a lot worse! Or maybe it was just my crap stream. :lol:

wasn't Nolan shown to be the fittest player last season one of of them tests they do.  Also sure prozone or something showed him being the player who covered the most ground during a game.

wasn't Nolan shown to be the fittest player last season one of of them tests they do.  Also sure prozone or something showed him being the player who covered the most ground during a game.

Campbell was also one of the fastest in the PL last season.

Guest malandro

Over what distance.... three inches?

Over what distance.... three inches?

Forgot to add the ;)