Leon Best

Leazes1986

Bad luck for him coming into the season tbf, he looked pretty decent in pre season. Regardless of his ability, it would have done his confidence a lot of good, and wouldn't have been surprised if we'd seen better than we saw from him last year.

Bad luck for him coming into the season tbf, he looked pretty decent in pre season. Regardless of his ability, it would have done his confidence a lot of good, and wouldn't have been surprised if we'd seen better than we saw from him last year.

This :thup: he had a handful of games last season and initially seemed to be trying too hard to score that first goal, towards the end (once promotion was achieved) he appeared a bit more relaxed and was only a crossbar away from opening his account in style.

If he takes a shot on target it'll be better than what we saw from him last season :lol:

Guest neesy111

Leon Best Career Record:

2004–2007 Southampton 17 (4)

2004–2005 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 5 (0)

2005 → Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 2 (1)

2006 → Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 11 (3)

2006 → Bournemouth (loan) 15 (4)

2006–2007 → Yeovil Town (loan) 15 (10)

2007–2010 Coventry City 92 (19)

2010– Newcastle United 13 (0)

Can't believe anyone thinks the guy could make it the premiership, he hardly made it the championship tbh.

Guest neesy111

We've seen improvement from a few players this season,maybe will in Best too?

I highly doubt it, those players we've seen improvement all had potential from glimpses in the past about them.  I've seen nothing in Leon Best career that he is a decent striker.

I highly doubt it, those players we've seen improvement all had potential from glimpses in the past about them.  I've seen nothing in Leon Best career that he is a decent striker.

Didn't you also say that Coloccini was the worst passer of the ball and that we should get rid?

(Yorkie, this is exactly what I was on about in t'other thread :thup:)

Arguably Houghtons only below-par signing.

He was always going to be back-up. If Carroll, Ameobi and Lovenkrands were all to be injured at the same time, he would be adequate cover.

I would rather see Leon Best come on ahead of Lovenkrands actually.

Didn't you also say that Coloccini was the worst passer of the ball and that we should get rid?

Some people just love being wrong about stuff.

Guest neesy111

No I didn't, so stop putting words in my mouth.

Ranger is already a better footballer than him, waste of a signing, hopefully him, Smith & perch are sold in the next window and money raised spent on another player.

I would sell them and buy a decent defensive midfielder as cover and a decent left-back for cover. or put extra money on and buy a striker!

Ranger is already a better footballer than him, waste of a signing, hopefully him, Smith & perch are sold in the next window and money raised spent on another player.

Best's a terrible striker with a terrible record, but this isn't true. Carroll wouldn't be the player he currently is, had it not been for the arrival of a new striker last Jan.

• 1 month later...

Striker Leon Best is the first casualty of Alan Pardews Newcastle reign. Pardew has decided to offload the 24-year-old in January with Middlesbrough among a clutch of Championship clubs interested.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1340313/Newcastle-sell-Leon-Best.html

Seems a pretty obvious move. I think most of us would do the same if we were manager. There was always some hope that he might turn out to be a diamond but, on admittedly limited chances, it never really looked like anything more than hope. 

Mowbray clearly trying a new tactic of being linked with a shite striker in the hope it makes one of Lita, McDonald or Boyd so pissed off they could lose there spot to Bestie that they start scoring goals.

It worked for Carroll.