Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

It's just stupid sometimes man. We deny a bid = we're selling, no comment = we're selling, anything accept admitting openly we're selling = we're selling.

Why not just assume we're selling every player mentioned by every random journo?

You've got to see that the handling of the Carroll sale, the general lack of proactive communication and the downright 'shadyness' of the Board/Management Team invite question?

It's just stupid sometimes man. We deny a bid = we're selling, no comment = we're selling, anything accept admitting openly we're selling = we're selling.

Why not just assume we're selling every player mentioned by every random journo?

You've got to see that the handling of the Carroll sale, the general lack of proactive communication and the downright 'shadyness' of the Board/Management Team invite question?

Yes, of course, I just don't think it means that all our worst fears will happen every single time.

Edit: oh actually, I only agree with the Carroll sale bit, the rest I think is nonsense.

I don't really see how Ashley will rape them financially as you yourself have acknowledged he's the best in the division at what he does.

??? how do the two relate?  he signed a 6 year contract and we're under no pressure to sell, if they do want him ashley will push them to the limit imo

Yes, of course, I just don't think it means that all our worst fears will happen every single time.

Edit: oh actually, I only agree with the Carroll sale bit, the rest I think is nonsense.

Nonsense? Eh? Does that mean you think they communicate with the fans well?

Does that mean that you don't think Llambias is a shady character?

I don't really see how Ashley will rape them financially as you yourself have acknowledged he's the best in the division at what he does.

??? how do the two relate?  he signed a 6 year contract and we're under no pressure to sell, if they do want him ashley will push them to the limit imo

IMO we'll still be worse off because the limit will probably be something like £20m max. We'll end up bringing in a player who isn't as good so we'll be worse off on the pitch. What good is the money in that case?

I don't really care about Llambias's character TBH, he's not a guy I like but that doesn't mean I automatically assume he will do whatever is worst.

I've said many times on this forum that I think the communication issue is a massive red herring. You can't expect the club to detail its thinking or its planning in public, and I don't understand what people want the board to say. Almost every time they've made a statement it's been harmful, I'd rather they kept quiet.

??? how do the two relate?  he signed a 6 year contract and we're under no pressure to sell, if they do want him ashley will push them to the limit imo

IMO we'll still be worse off because the limit will probably be something like £20m max. We'll end up bringing in a player who isn't as good so we'll be worse off on the pitch. What good is the money in that case?

yeah i get that, but you said he wouldn't rape them financially - 20m is arguably a pretty fair raping for a player like tiote who doesn't have added english tax

it'd be closer to 25m imo anyways, ashley's had a taste of roman wedge now, he'll want more

I don't really care about Llambias's character TBH, he's not a guy I like but that doesn't mean I automatically assume he will do whatever is worst.

I've said many times on this forum that I think the communication issue is a massive red herring. You can't expect the club to detail its thinking or its planning in public, and I don't understand what people want the board to say. Almost every time they've made a statement it's been harmful, I'd rather they kept quiet.

Couldn't disagree with you more on the communications point. If they were up front with the paying public they may upset a few people but at least we would know their intentions, their plans for the club and have an idea of why they made certain decisions seeing as we would have some idea of what the bigger picture was.

You don't care about the character of the guy leading the club on a day to day basis?

Oh, and on the 'not always expecting the worst/everyone to leave' point you made earlier, I agree.

at least we know we've got a strong willed manager to fight his corner on keeping the best players at the club, and at the worst if he is sold we know he'll be knocking on ashley's door demanding that every penny be put back into the team

at least we know we've got a strong willed manager to fight his corner on keeping the best players at the club, and at the worst if he is sold we know he'll be knocking on ashley's door demanding that every penny be put back into the team

I sleep easier at night knowing this.

They have only come out and said this via Twitter?

There's no need for anything more than that at this stage, is there? The can't be holding a press conference for every piece of press bullshit.

Someone of authority has obviously told this to go out via social media, why is it no going through any other channels...

Am I the only person who thinks that is odd?

There's no need for anything more than that at this stage, is there? The can't be holding a press conference for every piece of press bullshit.

Someone of authority has obviously told this to go out via social media, why is it no going through any other channels...

Twitter is the perfect way to respond to stuff like this IMO, simple, direct, doesn't give it more importance than it deserves.

Do you not think it would be a mistake to put out a press release etc?

yeah i get that, but you said he wouldn't rape them financially - 20m is arguably a pretty fair raping for a player like tiote who doesn't have added english tax

it'd be closer to 25m imo anyways, ashley's had a taste of roman wedge now, he'll want more

I'd rather have the player than £20m or £25m as I don't believe any replacement will bring what Tiote does to the team. So if we sell it will be us getting raped not Roman.

Twitter is the perfect way to respond to stuff like this IMO, simple, direct, doesn't give it more importance than it deserves.

Do you not think it would be a mistake to put out a press release etc?

Good point.